OVH Community, your new community space.

DNS issue: nameserver

Seedbox Paradis
03-05-2009, 17:06
Cool

zigzag
03-05-2009, 16:27
After looking again in Plesk (9) I saw that some of the domains were using the domain name as the nameserver, not sure how that happened but I'd used the convert backup utility to import them from my previous server which was running plesk 8. All seems to be OK now although it did take a while for some parts of the world to propagate the dns changes.

freshwire
03-05-2009, 16:14
The order of ns1/ns2 should not matter.

Seedbox Paradis
02-05-2009, 17:12
Also try having a look in Plesk, I know I said it was most likely something with the registrar but it might be the MX records/DNS setting on the server itself. Just look for anything that says ns.lost-in-france.com :P

zigzag
02-05-2009, 17:03
Thank you Don't know how I managed to miss that LOL I've checked the name servers at least 10 times today but failed to notice that I had the ns1 and ns2 the wrong way round - I better go and check the rest of the domains now

Seedbox Paradis
02-05-2009, 16:53
Quote Originally Posted by zigzag
Hi, sorry I always strip out anything identifying by habit here it again with the missing bits.

NS list mismatch: registration authority reports that domain is hosted on the following servers: 'ns302381.ovh.net; sdns1.ovh.net', but DNS server ns302381.ovh.net reports domain to be hosted on 'ns.lost-in-france.com'
It wouldn't really help us identify you as we (the public/ovh clients) don't have access to that kind of information

Grr accidentally deleted what I wrote before :/ Are you sure you didn't add a third nameserver somewhere that is listed as:

ns.lost-in-france.com
If you did, remove it as that may be the reason for your issue

BTW, nice site

zigzag
02-05-2009, 16:15
Hi, sorry I always strip out anything identifying by habit here it again with the missing bits.

NS list mismatch: registration authority reports that domain is hosted on the following servers: 'ns302381.ovh.net; sdns1.ovh.net', but DNS server ns302381.ovh.net reports domain to be hosted on 'ns.lost-in-france.com'

Seedbox Paradis
02-05-2009, 16:05
This will more likely to be an issue with the registrar rather than OVH, I'd call them up and ask. It always helps to give more precise info like the name of the server and the domain you're trying to host, I'd be able to help more and so would the OVH staff seeing as with the limited info you gave we can only guess

zigzag
02-05-2009, 15:50
I have my domains registered elsewhere and have changed the nameservers to point to ns(myserver).ovh.net and sdns1.ovh.net, I've also added the domains to the ovh manager and of course to plesk. Everything appears to working fine and I can access the sites however when I run a dns check I get this:
NS list mismatch: registration authority reports that domain is hosted on the following servers: 'ns(myserver).ovh.net; sdns1.ovh.net', but DNS server ns(myserver).ovh.net reports domain to be hosted on 'ns.mydomainname.com'. Please make sure that you configure the same DNS servers in registrar database and on your DNS
If I run a nameserver check half of the nameservers return as ns.mydomainname.com instead of the ovh ones.

What am I doing wrong?