OVH Community, your new community space.

Cannot move RPS Failover IP

chazsconi
14-05-2009, 10:03
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
You can turn off monitoning in the Manager, log in and click the server and then Server State > Monitoring to toggle Stop/Start.
I can see the option to turn off monitoring for my dedicated server, but the icon has a 'no-entry' symbol on my RPS server and hovering over it says 'this option is not active/available on your server'.

freshwire
11-05-2009, 19:32
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
You can turn off monitoning in the Manager, log in and click the server and then Server State > Monitoring to toggle Stop/Start.
Thank you kind sir

fozl
11-05-2009, 16:47
Quote Originally Posted by chazsconi
I have two RPS servers and a dedicated server.

I am trying to move the the free RPS failover IP that comes with one of the RPS servers to point at the dedicated server. This will allow me to temporarily carry out maintenance on my RPS server while directing my site traffic to my dedicated server.

However when I do this, I start getting emails from OVH saying that my RPS is no longer alive as the failover IP is being pinged to test this. Then it is put into recovery mode. I don't understand why the failover IP is used for monitoring, and not the normal one.

Does this mean I cannot use the free failover IP if I want to keep the RPS server alive at the same time?

I guess I could make sure that pings are responded to on the dedicated server on the failover IP to trick the monitoring into thinking that my RPS is still alive, but this doesn't seen a nice solution.

ovhfan2
11-05-2009, 16:41
Quote Originally Posted by chazsconi

I guess I could make sure that pings are responded to on the dedicated server on the failover IP .....
I am curious, how would you be able to do that?

chazsconi
11-05-2009, 16:09
I have two RPS servers and a dedicated server.

I am trying to move the the free RPS failover IP that comes with one of the RPS servers to point at the dedicated server. This will allow me to temporarily carry out maintenance on my RPS server while directing my site traffic to my dedicated server.

However when I do this, I start getting emails from OVH saying that my RPS is no longer alive as the failover IP is being pinged to test this. Then it is put into recovery mode. I don't understand why the failover IP is used for monitoring, and not the normal one.

Does this mean I cannot use the free failover IP if I want to keep the RPS server alive at the same time?

I guess I could make sure that pings are responded to on the dedicated server on the failover IP to trick the monitoring into thinking that my RPS is still alive, but this doesn't seen a nice solution.