OVH Community, your new community space.

Problems with the MRTG service.

KongeKrabbe
25-05-2009, 00:28
Quote Originally Posted by derchris
you shouldn't put this stuff in the crontab.
put it in a shell script, and then let crontab run the shell script
It doesn't help me quite much :/
But thanks for the tip...

derchris
15-05-2009, 21:53
you shouldn't put this stuff in the crontab.
put it in a shell script, and then let crontab run the shell script

Andy
15-05-2009, 21:05
In which case I have no idea. I don't know if its right, since I don't use Linux so I don't know what the cron syntax is.

KongeKrabbe
15-05-2009, 20:38
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
You will have to set up a cron to run every 5 minutes for the graph to update.
ksxxx:~# cat /etc/cron.d/mrtg
*/5 * * * * root if [ -x /usr/bin/mrtg ] && [ -r /etc/mrtg.cfg ]; then env LANG=C /usr/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg.cfg 2>&1 | tee -a /var/log/mrtg/mrtg.log ; fi

It was created itself under the install.
Is it something wrong with it?

marks
15-05-2009, 18:04
he can give you access as a technical contact. If he puts your nichandle as technical contact for the server through his manager, you will see it in your server's list.

Just for you to know as a possibility.

Andy
15-05-2009, 16:44
You will have to set up a cron to run every 5 minutes for the graph to update.

KongeKrabbe
15-05-2009, 15:54
Hi.

I know I can do this, but I don't have access to this panel, since it's my friend who's paying it, and he won't let me access it.

marks
15-05-2009, 12:06
I know this is not the exact answer you were looking for, but you can already access this info in your manager at:

OVH Manager >> your server >> Server State >> Section: Graphs of traffic - MRTG >> Traffic

Hope it's useful for you

KongeKrabbe
14-05-2009, 19:48
Hi dear users.

I'm running:
Linux "ksxxx.kimsufi.com" 2.6.27.10-grsec-xxxx-grs-ipv4-32 #5 SMP Wed Apr 1 13:09:49 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

I wanted to monitor my network bandwidth use on my ovh kimsurfi server, so I decided to install snmp, snmpd and mrtg using this and thisguide.

I got everything up and running and when I use "snmpwalk -v 1 -c public localhost" it answers perfectly.

But the graph won't update :/

Everything is installed with "apt-get install snmp snmpd mrtg" using original sources list.

/KongeKrabbe