OVH Community, your new community space.

setup time

marks
15-05-2009, 13:01
For such matters, the forum is not the ideal place as we don't give direct support here. The forum is for the community around OVH, for things that could be useful now on in the future.

Direct support is given on the phone (020 7252 2310) and by email (customersupport@ovh.co.uk). By the way, we do answer all the emails that get to our email inbox. We do receive a lot of spam which we delete, hopefully there was no confusion made and your email was delete by mistake (honestly, I hardly believe that that has happened as we check them manually one by one). And, as Andy said, we are here Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm. We do answer all the emails in a maximum of 24 hours (weekdays), and normally much quicker than that.

This is regarding your complains about out customer service.

And regarding your issue: apart from that the services can be delivered up to 72 hours after the order has been accepted (that's just normal and it's in our the terms and conditions), you're server was actually delivered in less than 1 hour. It's just that there was a problem with the email (???)

hopefully, this clears up all the issues posted in this thread

cheers!

14/05/2009 14:54:50 [ns302569.ovh.net] Server nO. 78681 installed

Andy
14-05-2009, 23:19
Receiving e-mail generally doesn't have these problems, its rare so it doesn't cross everyones mind at first.

Make sure you white list *@ovh.co.uk to avoid e-mails going missing in future.

mark.mcfc
14-05-2009, 23:17
lols do you think i didnt check the spam, my point is as you can read SOphie said the email was sent, why did SOphie not tell me i could retrieve the emails like you did then we could of saved all this bother,

anyway the email is where you say and thats the exact advice i was asking for so thankyou

Andy
14-05-2009, 22:49
In which case it is likely the e-mail was caught in your spam filter.

You ask for support through the proper support methods, either via Phone, or via E-mail. However support is not 24 hours, and they are open 9am-6pm GMT, Monday to Friday. Outside of those times/days you'll have to wait like everyone else.

You can see all e-mails sent in the E-Mail Summary section of the Manager. If the e-mail is there, then it was sent and your mail provider has blocked it as spam or whatever other reason.

My Settings > Emails Summary

mark.mcfc
14-05-2009, 22:43
i can see my server in the manager section , your staff member said the emails were sent , ive had no reply from support ALLDAY i got 1 email saying plesk was installed then nothin else , where do you want me to ask for support?

Andy
14-05-2009, 22:33
There is no guarantee on a 1 hour setup time. Setup time is up to 72 hours depending on the stock of servers and whether your payment went through successfully.

Support works 9am-6pm Mon-Fri which is why you have not got a response yet. You will have to be patient.

Also the forum is not a support method. OVH staff visit occasionally, it is for customer to customer support only. You should use e-mail and phone for proper support.

Your service will start on the deployment date, and that will become your renewal date, not the date you paid. You will still get 1 month regardless of when it is deployed after payment.

mark.mcfc
14-05-2009, 22:15
can someone give me some advice please it seems the staff are not bothered that i havent got my login info for the server after 4 or 5 emails and posting on here i still havent got my login

i will be asking for my money back soon

mark.mcfc
14-05-2009, 22:06
i spose it means i have to ring and waste more time and money, i am paying from today but have no service i hope my account will get credited

mark.mcfc
14-05-2009, 22:00
anyluck on tracking this down yet?

taaa

mark.mcfc
14-05-2009, 20:35
is this the nic handle

sm36959-ovh

many thanks

S0phie
14-05-2009, 20:32
What is your nic-handle?

I think I saw your email, so if it's the right account an email was sent to you today at 14:54:50. [nsxxxxx.ovh.net] Server no.xxxxx installed

mark.mcfc
14-05-2009, 19:59
hi all, i have a question regarding setup times

i ordered a server about 7 or 8 hours ago, on the order form it says 1 hour but i still havent recieved my server info,

i can see the server in my manager but have no info to access it (last time i got an email with all the info i needed within an hour)

ive sent enquires to support but heard nothing back,

should i just sit back and wait

heres the serevr i ordered (i only got 1 email telling me plesk is setup but no root info etc)
http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/superplan_max.xml

many thanks for any advice
mark