OVH Community, your new community space.

Can Portugal order any server??

slayer2005
20-05-2008, 15:10
Quote Originally Posted by spoonzzzzz
I suggest you go to the cinema. Why on earth would you want to download a movie? The quality is very bad. And by the dvd

In fact my first ever dvd I bought was actually a blu-ray disc It's great having family members at a high level in the movie industry

i sure OVH, have plans to combat this in the futue. And when those in the file sharing communites get a knock at the door by the authorties, im think they will be pretty upset
who said anything about downloading bad quality movies.
You not heard of dvdrips lol.

spoonzzzzz
19-05-2008, 12:39
I suggest you go to the cinema. Why on earth would you want to download a movie? The quality is very bad. And by the dvd

In fact my first ever dvd I bought was actually a blu-ray disc It's great having family members at a high level in the movie industry

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah
Not true, there is tons of people using OVH to seed stuff

Its even described in file sharing communities as THE best seedbox around
i sure OVH, have plans to combat this in the futue. And when those in the file sharing communites get a knock at the door by the authorties, im think they will be pretty upset

slayer2005
19-05-2008, 07:13
I agree there are lots of people using them as seeding boxes.
It would be a shame for it to get out of hand tho,i mean in say a years time if half of ovh boxes are used as seeders then thats were the network will start to suffer,and you wont get the gr8 speeds as we do now...I could be wrong tho.:-)

I have done but i dont push it to far,were as some might be using 20+tb a month.
I think if your not taking the piss and usign 5tb a month using utorrent then its fine.
(For legal purposes of course)

blahblahblah
19-05-2008, 06:47
Quote Originally Posted by IainK
Oh my god. Seriously?
So because "everybody" is taking drugs, they're legal now?? (No.)

Just Because "everybody" is stealing music, dvds, games, whatever doesn't make it legal. In certain countries it's not "illegal" to share, however it's breaching copyright law and you can be charged in court for it.

OVH are located in France, these are the message boards for the United Kingdom. Copyright infringement is a serious crime in both France and the United Kingdom.

I Suggest finding another host or seriously reconsidering your plans!
Not true, there is tons of people using OVH to seed stuff

Its even described in file sharing communities as THE best seedbox around

IainK
24-04-2008, 01:18
Oh my god. Seriously?
So because "everybody" is taking drugs, they're legal now?? (No.)

Just Because "everybody" is stealing music, dvds, games, whatever doesn't make it legal. In certain countries it's not "illegal" to share, however it's breaching copyright law and you can be charged in court for it.

OVH are located in France, these are the message boards for the United Kingdom. Copyright infringement is a serious crime in both France and the United Kingdom.

I Suggest finding another host or seriously reconsidering your plans!

Bruno
24-04-2008, 01:13
Quote Originally Posted by bujunbura
for example movies games and mp3'? everybody do that!!!
I can't answer to a such stupid thing... your country is not allowed, so go away..

bujunbura
24-04-2008, 00:56
seed for a torrent tracker is ilegal?

for example movies games and mp3'? everybody do that!!!

IainK
23-04-2008, 21:35
Yea seeding illegal content will not only get your server removed but your details passed to the appropriate authorities also.

Andy
23-04-2008, 14:51
Quote Originally Posted by jpa
When will this happen specifically? I'm interested in getting a ovh dedicated server to use as a seedbox (19.99 euros). Is there a simple way we can get a seedbox from you, instead of having all these dispensable complications about needing to have a french address?

I'm from Portugal and I want to try out your seedbox, and I'm willing to pay now to have a good service, are you willing to get my money for it? Or else, I'll just go with Amazon S3.
Before doing this I suggest you make sure what you are seeding is legal content, or you may find yourself in a lot of trouble.

jpa
23-04-2008, 14:50
When will this happen specifically? I'm interested in getting a ovh dedicated server to use as a seedbox (19.99 euros). Is there a simple way we can get a seedbox from you, instead of having all these dispensable complications about needing to have a french address?

I'm from Portugal and I want to try out your seedbox, and I'm willing to pay now to have a good service, are you willing to get my money for it? Or else, I'll just go with Amazon S3.

KinGFaB
23-04-2008, 08:48
very good to know that....thankx alot ovh

oles@ovh.net
23-04-2008, 06:16
KinGFaB a écrit:
>
> well i?m now in portugal but i would love to get me a server from your
> services from here pls help me out OVH team and i?m staying here

not yet. but we will start the work on ovh.pt soon

Andy
22-04-2008, 19:42
If OVH does not offer to your country it is impossible to buy from them without going through a person in a supported country.

KinGFaB
22-04-2008, 16:48
well i´m now in portugal but i would love to get me a server from your services from here pls help me out OVH team and i´m staying here