OVH Community, your new community space.

Windows 2003

cartwright118
10-06-2009, 20:58
Quote Originally Posted by dwummers
One of the main reason for using a Windows 2003, is that I can remote login in to the server from work. My job is easy. I work in a very quiet call center doing the night shift, so it is pretty much dead every night.

So using the server I can just use the internet like I would at home. Obviously, not to watch or listen to anything.

Just wanted to know, can 2 people use the same login and password?
Hi,

You can indeed log in with the same Username and password more than once, I know this because me and a friend used to share a dedicated server but we used to use the same username and password. We used to have a problem though, if I logged in and ran my server applications and the my friend logged in and ran his server applications. We both disconnected, when i reconnected I used to sometimes be able to see his session from earlier, so I had to go to CTRL+ALT+Delete then users and right click the other session and "Switch to" to get my session back with my applications running. (It doesnt actually stop them from working, it just stops you from being able to configure them unless you are logged into the right session)

One good thing about multi sessions on the same account, is that I could run my applications on one session and my friend could run his applications on his session, both at the same time.

I hope I've explained okay, in a nutshell it does work...but don't be confused by the 2 session thing.

Regards,
Chris.

unclebob
10-06-2009, 20:40
Might be better to go with Ubuntu Desktop - it's free and there are no limitations.

Andy
10-06-2009, 19:40
Under the same username I don't know, but under separate, yes. Be aware you only get 2 remote access sessions on Web Edition. To use more you need standard edition.

dwummers
10-06-2009, 19:27
One of the main reason for using a Windows 2003, is that I can remote login in to the server from work. My job is easy. I work in a very quiet call center doing the night shift, so it is pretty much dead every night.

So using the server I can just use the internet like I would at home. Obviously, not to watch or listen to anything.

Just wanted to know, can 2 people use the same login and password?