OVH Community, your new community space.

Feedback of the new RELOADED range..

nichy
01-05-2008, 23:02
well igot mine this morn after a weeks wait but worth the wait like my first server off ovh this one brill for money great speeds and all for 20 a month cant be beat well done ovh ropey start but ya pulled it out the bag,wtg ovh well done,lol

nichy
01-05-2008, 19:02
sorry bout that moddie m8 youll get there m8

moddie1
01-05-2008, 18:58
lucky you nichy mate i might be on 100mbit soon

nichy
01-05-2008, 18:55
hey my server come today no probs wi it speeds are good so cant complain lol

nichy
30-04-2008, 17:29
thx andy yes they are worth the wait as i got 1 already and the performance and price cant be beat

moddie1
30-04-2008, 16:41
andy i am looking forward to getting my server i feel lost without one

toks
30-04-2008, 11:46
good to see common sense prevail well done peeps !

Andy
30-04-2008, 11:02
Quote Originally Posted by mazy
i have to agree no 1 will find servers at these prices and from what i have been told there well worth the wait ok i know some do not want to wait i did not want to wait but we have to so its no good spitting our dummy out it wont get us the servers any faster and ovh are working not stop to fill our orders so we must just wait our turns and do not forget when we get them to report back here about our servers as i think with all the bad stuff said in here it would be great to get some good feed back
I'm sure you won't be disappointed when you get it. I know I wasn't.

mazy
30-04-2008, 10:52
i have to agree no 1 will find servers at these prices and from what i have been told there well worth the wait ok i know some do not want to wait i did not want to wait but we have to so its no good spitting our dummy out it wont get us the servers any faster and ovh are working not stop to fill our orders so we must just wait our turns and do not forget when we get them to report back here about our servers as i think with all the bad stuff said in here it would be great to get some good feed back

IainK
30-04-2008, 10:01
Ah the virtual server - who needs it when OVH are giving away dedis at these prices :P

nichy
30-04-2008, 06:49
Quote Originally Posted by kopite
Im guessing that the problems are that they didnt think they would get the amount of orders they have(which considering how cheap they are is crazy)
I got my first website up and running on my server now and will hopefully be transfering the rest accross this week.

I`ve gone from a virtual server with 150 mb ram to the KIMSUFI 2008 XL and the difference is immense everything is just so much quicker
wtg kopite nice one m8

kopite
29-04-2008, 21:50
Im guessing that the problems are that they didnt think they would get the amount of orders they have(which considering how cheap they are is crazy)
I got my first website up and running on my server now and will hopefully be transfering the rest accross this week.

I`ve gone from a virtual server with 150 mb ram to the KIMSUFI 2008 XL and the difference is immense everything is just so much quicker

nichy
29-04-2008, 21:23
Quote Originally Posted by kopite
Folarin Was really helpful with me when I was ordering my server answered all my questions.

I have had my server a nearly a week now and I am really happy with the server. GOt my failover set up within a couple of days and at the moment is going well
and he was wi me m8 like i said could have been any reason wi got cut off i already got an ovh server and im very happy with that its just all the diff stories and waitin,glad to here yours is sorted m8 wtg m8 shoudnt be long now

kopite
29-04-2008, 20:42
Folarin Was really helpful with me when I was ordering my server answered all my questions.

I have had my server a nearly a week now and I am really happy with the server. GOt my failover set up within a couple of days and at the moment is going well

moddie1
29-04-2008, 20:41
with all the delay we are all upset but we have to wait and give them a chance to sort this out

nichy
29-04-2008, 20:03
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Actually his name is Folarin and he is a very helpful man. I have spoken to him personally on several occasions.
as have i andy and yes he is helpful but on this occasion for some reason call got disconnected id been havin a very reasonable convo with him could have been number of issues as to wi got cut off but after 16 mins of gettin no were i left it at that

Andy
29-04-2008, 19:29
Quote Originally Posted by nichy
well great just called customer service spk to florian lovely man if ya want phone puttin down on ya,lol
Actually his name is Folarin and he is a very helpful man. I have spoken to him personally on several occasions.

nichy
29-04-2008, 18:18
well great just called customer service spk to florian lovely man if ya want phone puttin down on ya,lol

jester12
29-04-2008, 12:12
im glad someone got sorted me be we should all moved to france we will get setup up then instead of the incompitance from there support..maybe ill make a site the ins and downs of ovh i have a few hosting accounts ready....so come on ovh get ur fingers out ur asses and set us all up..

nichy
29-04-2008, 09:13
great news xpat mine shud be ere end of week all been well

moddie1
29-04-2008, 08:39
that good news expect we should get our my the end of the week

Expat
29-04-2008, 03:35
Ordered mine mid week and got it on Saturday but then i live in France so maybe thats why.So far im very happy with the server its much faster than the older one i had with ovh.The extra ram is a godsend ,the hard disk space is huge and the price cant be beat.

Well done ovh!

Andy
28-04-2008, 21:21
I suggest everyone be quiet and take it easy. Insults will not get you anywhere. Your posts will be removed by OVH if you continue to argue and insult eachother making your efforts useless.

nichy
28-04-2008, 21:02
toks wi dont you just shut up already,lol thort you were a busy man and like moddie said these peeps been helpful notice no bad post till you pop in

moddie1
28-04-2008, 21:02
toks can you leave it out please these nice peeps have been very helpful

toks
28-04-2008, 20:42
oh and being called a knob isnt against the rules is it ? ian catch urself on will yah !

nichy
28-04-2008, 19:25
guess got to just sit back and wait then hopefully they be ere wen they say,lol

moddie1
28-04-2008, 19:15
i am going to see how it goes for the month if i don't like it i am going back to where i was 3 years and no problems at all

mazy
28-04-2008, 19:04
i have been told mine will be ready thursday friday the latest so its no good moaning and groaning i just need to take a chill pill and wait i must admit i have been reading through the forums and it does sound like there worth waiting for i hope when i get it i can come here and give glowing reports on it for future buyers

nichy
28-04-2008, 18:59
keep gettin told that andi but still dont happen i doubt they even be ere for end of week like they said, and i also have 1 ovh server but that nowt to brag bout at min is it m8,lol

Andy
28-04-2008, 18:54
Quote Originally Posted by nichy
the question id like to ask is wot is ovh goin to do to keep all the unhappy customers happy cos i no i wont be using there services again if this performance is anything to go by, my first box great this one discraceful service ovh you need to restore some faith back in yourselfs this aint good for buisness, thx
I'm sure OVH are doing all they can but I think the new range has taken off more than expected and taken them by surprise.

I am a happy customer. I have been for 5 months. My server took a week to be deployed, but they did have an excuse since it was Christmas and New Year. My two previous hosts took a week and 5 days respectively so you need to have patience. Your server will be deployed soon, just sit tight.

nichy
28-04-2008, 18:49
the question id like to ask is wot is ovh goin to do to keep all the unhappy customers happy cos i no i wont be using there services again if this performance is anything to go by, my first box great this one discraceful service ovh you need to restore some faith back in yourselfs this aint good for buisness, thx

nichy
28-04-2008, 18:38
me neither thx iaink m8,

IainK
28-04-2008, 18:38
Yea you can activate fail-over IPs from multiple countries and it will appear is if you are hosted there.
Can of course alter reverse DNS on them too.
Also don't forget you get IPv6 as well connected to it's very own backbone

moddie1
28-04-2008, 18:37
The fail-over IP is cool i didnt know than

nichy
28-04-2008, 18:35
lmao moddie

IainK
Ah nice :-P I hope to get one of those beasts for my main projects soon and use the kimsufi for developing my OS.

The fail-over IP is cool you could have 2 french ip, 1 british, 1 nederlands, 1 german - great for SEO.

moddie1
can sleep at night thinking about it nichy

nichy
28-04-2008, 18:32
lol moddie m8 bet ya cant thats a beast,lmao

nichy
28-04-2008, 18:31
lol iaink m8 i got start 100m large but for the price the reloaded range looks great it just gettin it that the prob m8 but hopefully ill get it wen they say and alls good,lol

moddie1
28-04-2008, 18:30
Processor
Intel Xeon 3075
2x 2.66 GHz L2: 4 MB, FSB: 1333 MHz
or
Core2Duo E6750
2x 2.66 GHz L2: 4 MB, FSB: 1333 MHz
Architecture 64 bits
Ram 4 GB DDR2
Hard disk 2x 750 GB
Type of disk SATA2 RAID HARD 1
Connection 1 Gbps
Bandwidth 1 Gbps
Traffic included unlimited
Fixed IP 1 address
IP Fail-over +4 addresses
FTP backup 750 GB

this is the one i am waiting for can t wait

IainK
28-04-2008, 18:28
I'm thankful I didn't order the new range yet after reading everyones posts however I have to say that even the old 1.2GHz w/256MB ram and IDE hdd is a bad boy.
The download speed is rarely below 11MB/s from a decent mirror and I've compiled an entire operating system from source on my box and it was a breeze, meaning reliable hardware.

The only bad thing I have to say is damn I wish I'd known the Reloaded range was out 2 weeks after I ordered my box. £5 more a month for an extra 756mb ram + 130gb hdd. Damn.

nichy
28-04-2008, 18:22
thx Iaink for the heads up m8 i already got 1 ovh server and yes the performance of them is great,lol

IainK
28-04-2008, 18:19
Toks what do you hope to achieve with that sort of response? Please observe the rules, in particular item number 1:

1. We want you to express your opinions honestly, be it praise or criticism, but be polite, insulting language and insulting usernames will not be tolerated.

moddie1
28-04-2008, 18:15
thanks iain for the heads up mate

IainK
28-04-2008, 18:14
Can i just remind everyone that a lot of the users of old servers have decided to move to the new Reloaded servers, the only way to do this is to sign up for the new ones again.

This, on top of new orders, is what is causing the backlog. Once it is cleared new orders should be processed quickly again. None the less there should be a notice on the order page saying delays expected.

Also I'd like to remind you that once your server has been rolled out - you'll very likely never have to contact support again. Everything you could need can be done from the control panel including setting Reverse DNS, entering recovery mode or vKVM and re-installing your OS from start to finish.

You will not be sorry after the wait

moddie1
28-04-2008, 18:14
toks you never learn all you do is wind people up

toks
28-04-2008, 17:51
an exellent service to allot well done !

nichy
28-04-2008, 17:50
Quote Originally Posted by toks
yeah ima do 1 i only come here to laff at you *****s anyways have fun hope yah get your servers soon :P
well fookin do 1 then dingy bye

nichy
28-04-2008, 17:50
thats all well and good allot m8 but we heard this b4 is this defo or just another fob off like ya get on phone but this time in forums,lol

toks
28-04-2008, 17:49
yeah ima do 1 i only come here to laff at you *****s anyways have fun hope yah get your servers soon :P

Allot
28-04-2008, 17:46
Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy361
ok i ordered mine over a week ago, i have had 3 false .......
With the launch of the new reloaded plans has come some unexpected delays, for which we sincerely apologise. This is not usually a problem for us as the servers are delivered well within the time stated on the website. We hope to have cleared this issue up by the end of the week and carry on providing our normal high quality service.

Thank-you for your patience

Allot

nichy
28-04-2008, 17:46
if you read earlier posts i offered some advice as i to had a delayed server it turned up as im sure all ur servers to but when *****s decide to abuse others by calling them knobs i feel i have to spit the dummy out to

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ooooooooooo whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *spits dummy out whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want it now whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
like i said toks do one you spit dummy all time i bet ya mardy knob

toks
28-04-2008, 17:43
if you read earlier posts i offered some advice as i to had a delayed server it turned up as im sure all ur servers to but when *****s decide to abuse others by calling them knobs i feel i have to spit the dummy out to

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ooooooooooo whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *spits dummy out whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want it now whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

nichy
28-04-2008, 17:41
well said moddie peeps should keep there snouts out things nowt to do wi them he a crank m8,lol

nichy
28-04-2008, 17:40
oh my it must meen they have left the planet with all you money !cry foul oh my oh my sake just have some patience there is a delay on the servers and 1 of the ovh team stated that somewere else if not could one of ovh team please respond to this thread and stop this bunch of spoilt kids and tell them wot is going on it is so sad to see them cry so much
omg so ya no even staff ere wi dont you take a chill pill m8 this had nowt to wi you till you stuck ya nose in,do one ya dingy

moddie1
28-04-2008, 17:36
toks what it got to do with you why don't you carry on with your business keep your noise out of mine

toks
28-04-2008, 17:32

toks
28-04-2008, 17:27
oh my it must meen they have left the planet with all you money !cry foul oh my oh my sake just have some patience there is a delay on the servers and 1 of the ovh team stated that somewere else if not could one of ovh team please respond to this thread and stop this bunch of spoilt kids and tell them wot is going on it is so sad to see them cry so much

moddie1
28-04-2008, 16:44
lol

nichy
28-04-2008, 16:39
i been waitin 5 days now and been told prob end of week this is absolutely discusting but staff dont seem interested at all i had 3 diff dates for installation they dont no wot they talkin bout unless it bout takin ya money not very good buisness at all the one i got from ovh already was brill service to get was ere in bout 20 hours but this one avin a laf now also toks you make me laf ya thick knob

mazy
28-04-2008, 15:48
he says it was stated there was a delay were. it was not stated as i when we orderd these servers and money was taken. this got stated after they promised 72 hours delivery and they never got deliverd so there ya go again tock talking out of ya ass

monkeyboy361
28-04-2008, 15:48
ok i ordered mine over a week ago, i have had 3 false promises when it will be ready. this is not good enough , how the hell do you think you going to inspire people to order your servers if you can not deliver, your customer support is crap, all they do is fob you off and when you ask for your money back they say no , all bullchitters and have not got a clue what they talking about ok my rant over have a nice day

moddie1
28-04-2008, 14:07
complaining here is not gonna make you server come any quicker it was stated that there was a delay and you need to remember there is also people in front of you to still to recieve there servers stop whining and have some patience!

what a knob

mazy
28-04-2008, 14:03
also this thread is as i seem to see Feedback of the new RELOADED range this actually meens that ovh are asking the people who have there servers to provide feedback on there service this doesnt meen come here and moan if you have a problem contact support they will tell you the problem and estimate a time for delivery and wait!
ho and by the way how can any 1 give feed back muppet when know one has got one deliverd answer me that mr knowitall and double posting is not allowed dont you know how to click edit guess not you only know about others buisness

moddie1
28-04-2008, 13:53
lol very true mazy glad some body else see where i am coming from

mazy
28-04-2008, 13:51
moddie hes just a clown thats knows nothing about others situations

moddie1
28-04-2008, 13:47
i think you must work for the company are you a woman toks you never answer that

mazy
28-04-2008, 13:45
toks have you paid over 1.000 pounds a year in front and not got the server on time deliverd they should not give a day for delivery and not deliver that bad buisness so tocks i suggest you tick toc off

toks
28-04-2008, 13:33
also this thread is as i seem to see Feedback of the new RELOADED range this actually meens that ovh are asking the people who have there servers to provide feedback on there service this doesnt meen come here and moan if you have a problem contact support they will tell you the problem and estimate a time for delivery and wait!

toks
28-04-2008, 13:29
complaining here is not gonna make you server come any quicker it was stated that there was a delay and you need to remember there is also people in front of you to still to recieve there servers stop whining and have some patience!

moddie1
28-04-2008, 13:17
no i am not why are you toks

yiso
28-04-2008, 13:14
OVH have just released a new range of servers at an unbelievably great price. They won't hire in new staff just to rid the backlog of servers. Not only is it a waste of time but also money. You simply have to be patient. Not many datacenters offer the 1 hour setup time you get at OVH anyway and many do take up to a week to deploy servers. Because of the backlog, you have to give it some time.

As I said above, if you're that concerned, contact support and see if they are able to prioritise it for you.
Great news , and hope to hear about countaries extends

toks
28-04-2008, 13:08
moddie are you a woman ?

moddie1
28-04-2008, 11:57
if its that busy why not take any more orders till they can deal with the back log

mazy
28-04-2008, 11:49
They will have more jobs than just deploying servers. They won't have this backlog forever.
what there still taking money for servers to the backlog goes on and on i have asked for a refund or server within 24 hours this is so bad service

jester12
28-04-2008, 11:09
god and to think i left my old great server company to get bumped of here
no extra cost aswell not like here

Andy
28-04-2008, 11:09
They will have more jobs than just deploying servers. They won't have this backlog forever.

TheHub
28-04-2008, 01:19
OVH have just released a new range of servers at an unbelievably great price. They won't hire in new staff just to rid the backlog of servers. Not only is it a waste of time but also money.

Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
We have therefore decided to increase the production working time 2x8h, 6days/7days. New people will join our mounting team from week next (recruitment carried out in Roubaix).
Regards,

Octave

Andy
27-04-2008, 22:50
OVH have just released a new range of servers at an unbelievably great price. They won't hire in new staff just to rid the backlog of servers. Not only is it a waste of time but also money. You simply have to be patient. Not many datacenters offer the 1 hour setup time you get at OVH anyway and many do take up to a week to deploy servers. Because of the backlog, you have to give it some time.

As I said above, if you're that concerned, contact support and see if they are able to prioritise it for you.

moddie1
27-04-2008, 17:41
its ok saying contact support when your handing over 1186.51 they were quick enough to take it don't see why i should be chasing them not happy

mazy
27-04-2008, 17:37
i ordered 1 friday i know the 72 hours is not up yet but it does not look good when i am reading that peeps are waiting a week and more in some cases to get delivery i have a friend who ordered 1 a week ago and was told it would be ready friday hes still waiting maybe they should get more workers to fill these high demands as there is nothing worse than getting a bad name for delivery as it will get were peeps will avoid getting server from ovh and go else were i must say though i have had nothing but good feed back on the actuall preformace of these servers when they do get them is ovh a new company as if so im sure its just teething problems and things will improve in the future

Andy
27-04-2008, 17:09
Quote Originally Posted by moddie1
i am still waiting 72 hours has pass now lol and i pay for 12 months up front not very happy
If its not up by tomorrow, contact support on their phone number.

moddie1
27-04-2008, 17:05
i am still waiting 72 hours has pass now lol and i pay for 12 months up front not very happy

toks
26-04-2008, 12:38
i find the range is spot on for the price

toks
26-04-2008, 12:38
windows sux

toks
26-04-2008, 12:36
yeah my server was delayed for a day or so dont worry tho best being delayed than rushed :P

yiso
26-04-2008, 11:55
they are all good , but if there is a wider range ... if you increase the number of countaries , it would be perfect

thanks

Nettus
26-04-2008, 11:06
They charge £30 for windows? Ive seen other hosts charge £10 for it which ovh should do,

Although I didn't get a server from the reloaded range, I would have liked to get the Kimsufi XXL. Its just the right price, however the Windows license cost spoils it by adding 50% again onto the price, which puts it well out of my price range. If Windows did not cost £30 but more like £10, or better still FREE, I would definitely get one of these servers, no questions asked.

I do however like the specs. Much higher than any other place I've seen offering.

Coxy69
26-04-2008, 07:43
I have ordered one from the reloaded range.

Seems to be taking an age to get to me.

if i have not recieved details by monday lunch guess im gonna have to phone up

toks
24-04-2008, 21:35
Ive had my server a few hours and its a flying machine if computers were time machines i would own one ! specs great bandwidth is exelent deffo a nice range ovh weldone keep up the good work.

oh and no i dont work for ovh haha

gkilla
24-04-2008, 12:37
I am thinking that when the Reloaded servers were available for ordering, OVH did not have the actual hardware they are offering and are waiting for a shipment. How else could it go from a few hours to a week wait time??? Can some one from staff please explain?

IainK
23-04-2008, 21:15
Anyone who has been waiting more than 72 hours for their server should contact customersupport@ovh.co.uk and ask them what is wrong.
Include your Customer ID, Nichandle and Order Number.

The roll out time before the Reloaded range was a few hours tops so there must be a reason it's taking so long!

gkilla
23-04-2008, 21:10
Any updates on when there will be more servers racked? I do not see that number changing at all. Is OVH racking 1 server a day???

IainK
23-04-2008, 18:01
Quote Originally Posted by milanyc
Man, install the linux desktop distros.... Ubuntu Desktop 7.04 is just a beautiful environment. Way safer than Windows. It looks and feels better.

Have fun
The main reason people use Windows hosted environments is for:

ASP.net Websites
(can be done on linux with mod_mono but it's nowhere near as reliable or updated as Windows)
MS SQL Server 05/08
Exchange E-mail
SharePoint Collaboration Services
Windows Media Streaming
Running Windows binaries *duh*

If this was the case then Linux wouldn't really suffice.

Allot
23-04-2008, 17:44
Quote Originally Posted by gkilla
Has anyone that ordered the Reloaded servers actually got them yet? I have been waiting since Saturday for my order to be processed. I noticed the 72 hour server just keep growing in number.
We do apologize if there has been any delay incurred. We hope to have the server with you as soon as possible.

Allot

kopite
23-04-2008, 16:38
Well I have just ordered my KIMSUFI 2008 XL and so far I am really impressed. I placed the order at 3.20 and the box was available by 3.40

So far I havent done much with it but the support so far has been great and the Management panel seems really good as well

R0b
23-04-2008, 16:34
I think there are a few of us in the same boat gkilla, I ordered mine Friday morning, they accepted payment on Monday morning and I see the 72hr number growing but none being delivered. I ordered the basic one to see the type of service/quality/speeds, I´m sure that in the end it will be worth the wait.

They have assured us that it is being dealt with and the sheer demand for servers has overcome them...

gkilla
23-04-2008, 16:32
Has anyone that ordered the Reloaded servers actually got them yet? I have been waiting since Saturday for my order to be processed. I noticed the 72 hour server just keep growing in number.

milanyc
23-04-2008, 16:22
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
Some things you can do on windows you can not do easily on linux.. If you do not have a VAST knowlage of linux and dont want to constantly type what you want to know in google about linux.. Then obviously you'll need windows.
Man, install the linux desktop distros.... Ubuntu Desktop 7.04 is just a beautiful environment. Way safer than Windows. It looks and feels better.

Have fun

JALZOO
23-04-2008, 15:14
Quote Originally Posted by hashbangbinbash
Just put linux on it, job done.
Some things you can do on windows you can not do easily on linux.. If you do not have a VAST knowlage of linux and dont want to constantly type what you want to know in google about linux.. Then obviously you'll need windows.

hashbangbinbash
23-04-2008, 15:03
Although I didn't get a server from the reloaded range, I would have liked to get the Kimsufi XXL. Its just the right price, however the Windows license cost spoils it by adding 50% again onto the price, which puts it well out of my price range. If Windows did not cost £30 but more like £10, or better still FREE, I would definitely get one of these servers, no questions asked.

I do however like the specs. Much higher than any other place I've seen offering.
Just put linux on it, job done.

Andy
23-04-2008, 14:48
Quote Originally Posted by Allot
With the launch of our new RELOADED packages recently, we would like to know what your opinions of them are so far. Do you like their performance? are the specifications sufficient? anything you'd like to change? etc ...

Feel free to put all your feedbacks regarding these on this thread.

Allot

Allot
23-04-2008, 14:32
With the launch of our new RELOADED packages recently, we would like to know what your opinions of them are so far. Do you like their performance? are the specifications sufficient? anything you'd like to change? etc ...

Feel free to put all your feedbacks regarding these on this thread.

Allot