OVH Community, your new community space.

vKMV not loading .iso from OHV mirror

makno
23-06-2009, 18:27
i wonder if anyone of the stuff will have a look into this as i think it will cause problems to other users too.

Oh well after the 3rd attempt to install from the iso that gets stuck at 25% with the disconnection of the vKVM i guess i'll leave it and update through dist upgrade.

DedicatedPros
23-06-2009, 14:14
Yes I see what you mean, unless you have another server, or someone who can give you access to their server, you're out of luck :-/

makno
23-06-2009, 13:43
well i can load the .iso from a different ftp but it has not to be a mirror, to put it simply it has to be an .iso downloaded on a server and shared via ftp. I managed to find one but still using ovh would be much much better and less resource consuming for the other end aswell.

for instance if i use the following:
Code:
ftp://linux.studenti.polito.it/ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso
it works but again transfer speed is not excellent and don't know if the other end will be happy about the traffic

DedicatedPros
23-06-2009, 12:06
Yes, it does look like something is up with the system. When I tried to install Windows Server I noticed that vKVM doesn't load large iso files, for example the untouched image was about 550MB, after nLiting it to about 300MB, it started loading just fine, though it never got past the initial phase with the format :/

freshwire
23-06-2009, 03:46
In this case it looks more to be a fault with vKVM... it cannot find any files

makno
23-06-2009, 02:19
also it would be nice to be able to setup a password for thevkvm without having to wait for the email each time but i guess the answer to that will be to buy kvm

makno
23-06-2009, 00:52
i'm just entering the whole link including ftp:// before mir2...
anyway also ftp://ftp.oleane.net/ubuntu-cd/jaunt...sktop-i386.iso return
Code:
Can't find file ftp://ftp.oleane.net/ubuntu-cd/jaunty/ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso

Myatu
23-06-2009, 00:41
Are you entering it with or without the "ftp://" by the way? Here's another mirror to try (also France, so it should be OK speed-wise): ftp://ftp.oleane.net/ubuntu-cd/jaunt...sktop-i386.iso

makno
23-06-2009, 00:09
thanks seems to be working

update:
Code:
Unable to mount ftp://mir2.ovh.net/ubuntu-releases/jaunty

Can't find file ftp://mir2.ovh.net/ubuntu-releases/jaunty/ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso

Myatu
22-06-2009, 23:57
Try:
Code:
ftp://mir2.ovh.net/ubuntu-releases/jaunty/ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso

makno
22-06-2009, 23:28
I'm trying to install ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso through vKVM but if i choose the ovh mirror to the file or any other mirror from ubuntu.com. Any idea why this might happen? I noticed that if i try to reach the file using an ftp client, the actual file looks like a folder linked to somewhere else.
The link i'm using is this:
Code:
ftp://mirror.ovh.net/mirrors/ftp.ubuntu.com/releases/jaunty/ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso
the error i get in the page is:
Code:
Can't find file ftp://mir2.ovh.net/ftp.ubuntu.com/releases/jaunty/ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso
(just thought of using ovh for faster download) any suggestions apart from installing it with the manager as there is a reason why i need to install from the iso?