OVH Community, your new community space.

Order #: 26166 - Status?

DedicatedPros
06-07-2009, 12:58
Lol :d

Neil
06-07-2009, 11:06
Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
It's an official update. Neil's soul is owned by OVH.
More than my Soul, they don't let me leave the office.....

Get help, love. Call Interpol, get me a hacksaw, anything!

Ashley
06-07-2009, 11:00
Quote Originally Posted by Andy.

This waiting must be affecting me more than I thought...
Thanks for the unofficial? update.
It's an official update. Neil's soul is owned by OVH.

Andy.
04-07-2009, 21:47
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
By the way, the PC's weren't in Life on Mars, they were in Ashes to Ashes ;-)

This waiting must be affecting me more than I thought...
Thanks for the unofficial? update.

Neil
04-07-2009, 16:16
Well there is some EG AMD Servers being made at the moment which will clear the backlog of orders. So you will get it any day now.

By the way, the PC's weren't in Life on Mars, they were in Ashes to Ashes ;-)

Andy.
04-07-2009, 14:25
I can't even telephone for an update as OVH don't offer us telephone support over the weekend so I'd have to go down only official remaining channel which is the snail mail route, namely 1 response every 24-48 hours if you're lucky and you can bet your bottom dollar the first response would be something like:
"Hi, my name is [ovh staff] and I'm here to help you. I'll take a look at your order and respond asap" which usually means another 24-48 hour wait.

Picture the TV series "Life on Mars"
Can you remember the PC's used, of the era?
A green text VDU and a hard disk on a trolley?

You get my drift hopefully lol

DedicatedPros
03-07-2009, 11:24
Well what can they tell him? We're out of stock, sorry for the delay, please stop calling us

Andy
03-07-2009, 11:19
I've never had a problem with phone or e-mail support in the 1 1/2 years I've been with OVH, so I can't see why you would have any problems?

Sure, post here if you have problems, OVH want you to do that to show customers your real experiences, but its been stated time and time again that the forum is not for official OVH support but for customer to customer help only. Order issues can't be solved on the forum and there is no guarantee it will even be seen by OVH staff.

I don't understand why you're unable to get an answer from the support staff because I've never had an issue and they have always told me exactly what is going on. If they say they don't know they ring me when they find out. I've never had better support from any company before or since...

Andy.
03-07-2009, 11:15
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I've said it once, I'll say it again...

The forum is NOT AN OFFICIAL SUPPORT METHOD. It is for customer to customer support only. If you have an order problem then contact support via e-mail or phone.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH OVH TELEPHONE SUPPORT IN THE UK IS RUBBISH.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH OVH EMAIL SUPPORT IN THE IS NOT MUCH BETTER.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE OVH FORUM IS WAY BETTER THAN THE ABOVE 2 METHODS.

So I feel it's almost my public duty to let other customers know this by posting here giving real examples of the problems I encounter with OVH if I can't get a satisfactory response by the "official" route.

I told UK support that I would post here when they wouldn't give me a satisfactory answer or an expected timeframe the other day.

By the way, still no server and still no contact except here in this forum which we're not supposed to use for support queries!

mvegetto
03-07-2009, 07:33
I will just repeat myself, it should be the opposite, ovh should email customers about the delay not the other way arround.

If something is out of stock, an email should be sent to all customers who have that order, exspecially when it's taking more than 2 weeks.

fozl
02-07-2009, 15:38
Quote Originally Posted by Andy

The forum is NOT AN OFFICIAL SUPPORT METHOD. It is for customer to customer support only. If you have an order problem then contact support via e-mail or phone.

Other Andy, yes- stock issue. Email us if you don't get delivery in the next 24-48 hours as I don't have an eta at this point.

DedicatedPros
02-07-2009, 15:04
Calm down I don't think they'll ever learn tbh

Andy
02-07-2009, 14:53

mvegetto
02-07-2009, 11:39
it seems there is more out of stock, even USB Hard disks are out of stock, I am waiting more then 10 days atm.

And I too have too admit that I'd to call and mail and post to get an answer about the delay.

It doesn't really matter that it is out of stock as long people get an email about the delay then no one will complain

fozl
02-07-2009, 11:03
Looking into it... looks like we're awaiting stock but not sure yet, will get back to you asap.

DedicatedPros
02-07-2009, 10:57
I agree, this does happen often, I mean I understand there can be some issues with the way the stock is shown on the site (because of all the subsidiaries) but if they all connect to one database, say on ovh.com, than I don't see why we can't get an accurate reading.

Andy.
02-07-2009, 10:41
I pretty much love your infrastructure and prices to bits but your communication skills as a company are just plain rubbish.

Why, after 82 hours is my server still not ready, (the site said 72 hours) and why do you not have the courtesy to send me a mail to apologise for the delay with my order?

Why, when I phone support, do I get the usual co*k and bull story about the timings as seen on the website not being updated regular?

Why not?
Have you guys never heard of mysql?

Someone pays for a server then you subtract 1 from the table.
Simples.

And before someone posts saying "but those timings are just a guidline" let me say I know that but it's still polite to let your customers know the status of their order, especially if you go past your advertised available within timeframe. You guys are sure quick enough to fire out plenty of reminders to me when one of my servers is due for renewal!

So here I am again, asking my question in public as this seems the only way to get a reasonable response from you guys.

WHERE IS MY SERVER?
please.

Like I said, it's been 82 hours since I placed my order.