OVH Community, your new community space.

Yet another Traffic Series Question

DedicatedPros
10-07-2009, 12:03
I do a lot of image hosting, though nothing on a large scale

freshwire
10-07-2009, 11:35
I am using just 20GB/mo

DedicatedPros
10-07-2009, 08:45
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
Most ive ever seen it 13tb on kimi range.
I've seen some people use their servers like crazy, it usually turns out that they're uploaders on private trackers so you know

But for standard webhosting you don't need anywhere close to that bandwith, I could do with 200GB per month tbh, but it sounds cooler when I say I have 34TB of monthly bandwith allotted to me

freshwire
09-07-2009, 22:08
the 8,10,12 Mbps average stuff you read about is no longer applicable for kimsufi.

slayer2005
09-07-2009, 20:05
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
Well I do think 34TB is nearly impossible, but something like 25TB might be for extremely highly used servers
Most ive ever seen it 13tb on kimi range.

DedicatedPros
09-07-2009, 19:50
Well I do think 34TB is nearly impossible, but something like 25TB might be for extremely highly used servers

slayer2005
09-07-2009, 17:26
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
If you only have one Kimsufi server, you can use the Premium BW Plan and get unlimited 100Mbit traffic monthly, which is 34TB per month And that is whet you get, no limiting or any other crap so you don't have to worry

34TB a month?
Id like to no if any1 has acctualy done this,i doubt it very much

DedicatedPros
09-07-2009, 15:13
If you only have one Kimsufi server, you can use the Premium BW Plan and get unlimited 100Mbit traffic monthly, which is 34TB per month And that is whet you get, no limiting or any other crap so you don't have to worry

nenyer
09-07-2009, 15:06
Thank you so much for the quick reply,

I read somewhere on the forum however that on a standard plan if you average over 8Mbit over the span of a month you get limited to 8Mbit for the remainder of the month. Which equates to something like 2.5 Terabytes a month.

I rather not risk messing with the rules of a Standard plan and get my speeds reduced because all I need is a "guaranteed" 100Mbit/100Mbit and I will definitely be using less than 2 TB a month.

So in this case, if all I want is a steady download/upload speed and I will use less than 2 TB a month - would a traffic series be the wisest option (considering peace of mind)?

marks
09-07-2009, 14:57
yes, that's correct.

But keep in mind that Traffic, Burstable and Unmettered series just make sense when you have more than 1 server.

The standard series give you 100Mbps for Kimsufi servers. That's the bandwidth for all your servers together or infrastructure. So, if you just have 1 server, this is the best option.

If you have more than 1 server, the bandwidth will be divided as follows in the next link:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/framework...ve_hosting.xml

In that case is when other series would start making sense as they could ensure you'll get a certain guaranteed bandwidth per server.

Hope that's clear things up for you

nenyer
09-07-2009, 14:25
I'd like to clear something up, because according to my searches I don't believe this specific question has been asked before.

If I stay within my traffic allotment on a kimsufi box (traffic series) then I can expect full 100Mbit/100Mbit and it isn't until I surpass my allotted amount of traffic that my speeds are throttled (or put on low priority). Is this the case?

The reason I ask is because I am on the verge of ordering a kimsufi box.