OVH Community, your new community space.

Ticket 174499 over 48hrs

mgv
19-07-2009, 23:46
Well today i had another USB PowerSupply went

Maybe there should be a recall of some sorts of all these faulty USB drives if you can find a way of diagnosing what batch of usb drives not only to save the customer problems but to save your technicians having to deal with minor proplems i.e. PowerSupply failures and carry on with your major work

Anyway ticket this time was rsponded to with minutes with an intervention which is perfect customer relations i feel even if it was just an update ticket

Neil
16-07-2009, 11:04
Quote Originally Posted by mgv
Yep i understand the need to get the Power Supplys replaced under warranty but seems more and more are blowing up maybe time to look at a new way of adding extra space to your servers seems starnge having normal USBS in your racks and a multigang with 4 plugs attached if the server has 4 USBS lol.

Yes Neil the case has been resolved now but tickets in the future need to be atleast answered with updates as to what is going on with the issues relating to the ticket so us the customer are not left in limbo not knowing what is going on
Yes all USB Power supplies were replaced yesterday, and incident was closed. It seems like just a faulty batch, but we keep an eye on issues like this.

The issue has already been raised about keeping the customer updated as in this case we are sorry that you were not and you were right to contact Oles.

mgv
15-07-2009, 13:51
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

We do order our USB Drives from multiple suppliers so that we do not put all our eggs in one basket, however we need to resolve the one's we currently have, these are under warranty so the power supplies need to be replaced by them.

As for your case mgv I apologise for the long delay in resolving it and you are in contact with one of colleagues now about the SLA.
Yep i understand the need to get the Power Supplys replaced under warranty but seems more and more are blowing up maybe time to look at a new way of adding extra space to your servers seems starnge having normal USBS in your racks and a multigang with 4 plugs attached if the server has 4 USBS lol.

Yes Neil the case has been resolved now but tickets in the future need to be atleast answered with updates as to what is going on with the issues relating to the ticket so us the customer are not left in limbo not knowing what is going on

wackomoo
14-07-2009, 20:05
Photos! Photos!

DedicatedPros
14-07-2009, 14:31
We do use standard ones, but we use the boxes as chairs and tables, this works very well.
Now that is a manly approach to things, though you might want to consider a bit of a cleanup before letting people in to check up on their housed servers

Andy
14-07-2009, 14:04
If they're standard how are they placed in the racks? I can't see there being any wasted space in OVH's racks, since they do praise having the highest number of servers per rack don't you? (especially on RPS's)

[QUOTE]We do use standard ones, but we use the boxes as chairs and tables, this works very well.[/QUOTE

That I have to see. Any chance of a pic?

Neil
14-07-2009, 13:59
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
I doubt they can be standard USB drives due to the fact that if they get 5,000 orders for the USB drives in total, that would result in a serious mess and clutter at the DC. Though for all I know I could be totally wrong xD
We do use standard ones, but we use the boxes as chairs and tables, this works very well.

DedicatedPros
14-07-2009, 13:45
I doubt they can be standard USB drives due to the fact that if they get 5,000 orders for the USB drives in total, that would result in a serious mess and clutter at the DC. Though for all I know I could be totally wrong xD

Neil
14-07-2009, 13:39
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Neil, are the USB drives just standard USB drives or are they specially rack mounted for datacenter use?
It depends most of the time they are just generic USB Drives at the moment from leading brands, but as always we do look at ways to reduce time and issues, and we do get through a lot of USB Drives

Andy
14-07-2009, 13:04
Neil, are the USB drives just standard USB drives or are they specially rack mounted for datacenter use?

Neil
14-07-2009, 12:57
Hi

We do order our USB Drives from multiple suppliers so that we do not put all our eggs in one basket, however we need to resolve the one's we currently have, these are under warranty so the power supplies need to be replaced by them.

As for your case mgv I apologise for the long delay in resolving it and you are in contact with one of colleagues now about the SLA.

mgv
13-07-2009, 15:16
well they`ve gone from having no powersupply`s to fitting one on mine in the space of 10mins

mgv
13-07-2009, 14:37
Now i have a ticket telling me they are going to do an intervention on the server in 15mins wtf is this all bout one minute its the pwer supply and they are waiting on more now they are going to do an intervention

Andy
13-07-2009, 14:29
Agreed. They should also look at larger disks as well.

mgv
13-07-2009, 14:20
It's been weeks now with no stock... What are they playing at? What's wrong with finding another supplier? Can any OVH staff answer that?
Well Andy i think they need to find another supplier full stop as this is the 3rd powersupply i have had to have replaced surely there is an issue with there suppliers quality of goods or a power problem there blowing these USB power supplys up.

Andy
13-07-2009, 14:10
Quote Originally Posted by mgv
Well i have now had a reply about my ticket.

The powersupply has went on the USB and they have no spare powersupplys in stock and are in contact with there vendors so god knows how long now i will have to wait. I expect i will get reinbursed for the down time of this !
It's been weeks now with no stock... What are they playing at? What's wrong with finding another supplier? Can any OVH staff answer that?

mgv
13-07-2009, 14:08
Well i have now had a reply about my ticket.

The powersupply has went on the USB and they have no spare powersupplys in stock and are in contact with there vendors so god knows how long now i will have to wait. I expect i will get reinbursed for the down time of this !

mgv
13-07-2009, 12:51
Well next time you phone up don't mention the ticket, try and get the problem solved there and then, or, try opening a brand new ticket and see if that works.
I can see your point Andy but i would presume if you phoned up and said i have a "problem" with my server and give them your nickhandle they would say we already see you have a ticket in regarding this etc etc and if i open another ticket how long will that one take to get answered.

I no this has been discussed and discussed even by yourself Andy but OVh customer service leaves alot to be desired, i never have a problem with the actual service of the servers excpet on the odd occasion you need an intervention done for a service you pay for which has been offline for 5days.

Andy
13-07-2009, 12:46
Well next time you phone up don't mention the ticket, try and get the problem solved there and then, or, try opening a brand new ticket and see if that works.

mgv
13-07-2009, 12:44
If your ticket isn't getting updated, have you tried phone support?

Also, do you keep replying to the ticket? I'm pretty sure that puts you to the bottom of the queue again if you do. I've always had replies within 24 hours when e-mailing customersupport@ovh.co.uk (not using the ticket system).
Hi Andy

Phone support whats the point my past experiece with Phone is they just look at the ticket " O it should have been done by now i will chase it up" then i get a reply on the ticket "The Intervention is scheduled" which means they will get to it when they get to it not that it has been chased up, I have put an email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk and put an email through the manager email system to "Contact a Technician".

And yes i beleive you are correct if you reply to the ticket it then gets put to the bottom of the pile(which is where my ticket already is by the looks of it) which is why i emailed from outwith the Ticket System

Andy
13-07-2009, 12:36
If your ticket isn't getting updated, have you tried phone support?

Also, do you keep replying to the ticket? I'm pretty sure that puts you to the bottom of the queue again if you do. I've always had replies within 24 hours when e-mailing customersupport@ovh.co.uk (not using the ticket system).

mgv
13-07-2009, 12:23
Ok so this is not a support forum but just to keep people updated on how long a ticket takes to get answered (not yet resolved but answered)

Normal Ticket = 48hrs (For non SLA requirements)
High Ticket = 24hrs (Something that might provoke blockage of server)
Critical Ticket = 12hrs (blockage of server)

mine is now going on 5 days(120hours)

mgv
10-07-2009, 17:51
Its often like this with these servers, but I choose OVH's great price over the other companies' high prices with good support. To be honest I have no problems with OVH until it comes to ordering products, they can be a little slow due to backlogs but for the most part, they're my heroes
I have no problem with OVH atal never pester them about anything i fully manage my server with ease just more frustrating playing the waiting game :P

DedicatedPros
10-07-2009, 16:59
Its often like this with these servers, but I choose OVH's great price over the other companies' high prices with good support. To be honest I have no problems with OVH until it comes to ordering products, they can be a little slow due to backlogs but for the most part, they're my heroes

mgv
10-07-2009, 16:08
Oops Yes Neil is very active as well, but if you're just a wonderful person, Oles himself will reply to your thread
Well i think i`m wonderfull person does that count :P

Your ticket will be looked at, but there is little more we can do in this situation. The ticket looks fine and you have supplied all the detail and the SSH Key is installed.
Thanks Neil yep i will wait my time its just the timeframe i understand the pressure the techs are under at the DC what more can i do but wait. Thanks for reply.

DedicatedPros
10-07-2009, 15:51
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Don't leave out Neil! And on a rare occasion, if you've been good, Felix will come out of the woodworks too
Oops Yes Neil is very active as well, but if you're just a wonderful person, Oles himself will reply to your thread

Neil
10-07-2009, 15:20
Your ticket will be looked at, but there is little more we can do in this situation. The ticket looks fine and you have supplied all the detail and the SSH Key is installed.

mgv
10-07-2009, 14:46
Yep thought as much :P As i say only tried because i seen some people get a reply for checking up on tickets on the forum guess i am one of the unlucky ones :P

ok thanks seing how this is not a support forum may aswell delete this thread and i`ll wait my time over the 48hrs not going to bother with the email or phonecall cause it is not part of SLA so i will just be told its scheduled for the intervention.

marks
10-07-2009, 14:33
As usual: the forum is a place where you can share knowledge among other customers and request help from them, but when it comes to tickets, nobody has access to the state of the ticket but the staff. Therefore, call of email.

And yes, we cannot tell you exactly when it'll be done. For pro servers, you have a maximum time, but for kimsufi or RPS, it's up to 48 hours.

There is not much we can tell you.you can imagine how busy is the datacenter, how many interventions are there and the difficulties in working out how long each one will take to be able when yours will be servered.

If an intervention will have to take place to fix your problem, you'll be told beforehand by email.

Myatu
10-07-2009, 13:58
OVH support staff doesn't come here too often with the exception of Marks, and on occasion sophie so I think you might get better luck over the phone.
Don't leave out Neil! And on a rare occasion, if you've been good, Felix will come out of the woodworks too

DedicatedPros
10-07-2009, 13:42
OVH support staff doesn't come here too often with the exception of Marks, and on occasion sophie so I think you might get better luck over the phone.

mgv
10-07-2009, 13:13
How did i no it wouldnt take long for some to say forum isnt support lol :P

I realise Phone email but in past phonecalls to OVH Support i just get told it is scheduled (scheduled for when tho lol)

and if i reply to the ticket again as it is set to Intervention (for the past 48hrs) i have been told this puts the ticket to the bottom of the pile if I or OVH reply to the ticket.

So in a lst attempt i thought i would see if one of the OVH Team here were able to give me some more feedback :P

Thanks Anyhow

DedicatedPros
10-07-2009, 13:01
...phone...email...forum not support...

mgv
10-07-2009, 12:14
Hi anyone about that can chase up Ticket 174499 for me i hate to pester and no you guys are busy and the ticket doesnt regard to your SLA.

Appreciate anyway