OVH Community, your new community space.

Today I found out something new

slayer2005
22-07-2009, 06:42
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
All dedicated servers will share its connection. You don't think OVH has 100Mbps for every server they own do you? They would be bankrupt quicker than you could say your name. They do what any datacenter does - controlled overselling. If every OVH server maxed out at once, you would get less than 1Mbps Goes to show how few are using the full potential of their connection doesn't it.
agreed m8ty,as ive said b4 each user pushing 32tb bw ovh would go into administration

Andy
21-07-2009, 20:47
All dedicated servers will share its connection. You don't think OVH has 100Mbps for every server they own do you? They would be bankrupt quicker than you could say your name. They do what any datacenter does - controlled overselling. If every OVH server maxed out at once, you would get less than 1Mbps Goes to show how few are using the full potential of their connection doesn't it.

freshwire
21-07-2009, 20:04
The definition of "dedicated" is very vague.

For it to be truely "dedicated" you would need 100mbps to every internet user otherwise your sharing with others bandwidth.

What you want is "guaranteed bandwidth". Ie you can do 100mbps 24/7 guaranteed.

NickW
21-07-2009, 19:52
That's true, but with OVH it's very likely you will be able to burst to your full port speed whenever required.

wackomoo
21-07-2009, 18:08
Pay for business/unmetered bandwidth. http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/framework...ve_hosting.xml
Starts at 198.99 GBP for the SP Mini

Oleg
21-07-2009, 17:17
I was surprised to find out that a dedicated server doesn't necessarily imply that the connection to it is dedicated. It's possible that even a dedicated server may share its connection with other servers. So, how can I know for sure which server has a truly dedicated connection if I decide to rent one from ovh.co.uk?