OVH Community, your new community space.

Fedora Core

handmousemaster
24-05-2008, 18:22
I had the same problem (with Fedora 8, Cent Os...). The solution is simple ^^.
The server might came with a firewall installed, which would block the VNC connection attempt. To find out, type the following in Putty while login as root to list the filter table of iptables:

# iptables -t filter -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
The above output means there is no firewall. If your output has entries under the 3 chains (INPUT, FORWARD, OUTPUT) and/or has more chains, then we'll need to flush the iptables:

# iptables -F
List the table again to make sure it's empty. Then try to connect with VNC Viewer again.

SELinux has nothing to do with this (enabled or disabled, the result is the same). May be, it would be better if the initial configuration has a iptables empty ^^

fozl
01-05-2008, 16:31
Did turning off SELinux work then?

Ian
01-05-2008, 10:15
I can't get the VNC work either

IainK
28-04-2008, 18:42
This could possibly be due to SELinux? You should be able to turn it off by typing "config" in the ssh as root IIRC.

cate
28-04-2008, 15:13
I have the same problem

Brian
26-04-2008, 10:55
I have Kimsufi server and i have this "little" problem. I need fedora core 6 OS on my server instead of FC8. The reason is that i can't get VNC work with the FC8. I've tried all the possible ways to get it work but still not luck.

I wonder that is there any possible ways that FC6 would be available as a OS again?