OVH Community, your new community space.

Windows Licences

gigabit
30-07-2009, 20:39
*investigates MuSe*

I've only really had dealings with the few that OVH include in their streaming distro.

pete_w
30-07-2009, 20:21
There are many apps for linux that will do the same thing

MuSe is my personal favourite.

DedicatedPros
30-07-2009, 20:07
:-/ I do not see a solution other than getting a Windows license or using one of your other servers (switch the one with VT support for the Kimi, at least until you figure it our somehow or until the Kimi expires).

gigabit
30-07-2009, 20:05
Thing with shoutcast on linux is it needs someone to be constantly broadcasting to the server to stay live. With windows and media player you can just play some songs in a playlist (on the server) when noone is broadcasting or switch to the live stream when they are - and the end stream never stops.

DedicatedPros
30-07-2009, 20:00
Well I didn't include the VAT

I don't think the Kimsufis support VT, though the 4/8XL might, but I have no clue, sorry

You could always stream from Linux, what exactly are you wanting to stream and how?

gigabit
30-07-2009, 19:37
17.25 actually for web

None of the Kimsufis or private servers support virtualization do they? I just wanted ssomething cheap and low spec for a few streams. None of my other servers, the big ones, can afford the down time to convert to proxmox.

DedicatedPros
30-07-2009, 19:25
Quote Originally Posted by gigabit
I'm a bit stuffed then! Bought a basic kimsufi to use as a windows media server for relaying out media encoder streams, i was originally going to use proxmox then windows but i missed the fact the CPUs in the kimsufis dont support virtualisation!

I realy dont want to have to pay 17 for a windows licence, same price as the server, when I've already got one
Its 30 for a Windows Server Standard 2003 license, 15 for Windows Web Edition license, or 75 for a Windows Server DC 2008 license

gigabit
30-07-2009, 18:32
I'm a bit stuffed then! Bought a basic kimsufi to use as a windows media server for relaying out media encoder streams, i was originally going to use proxmox then windows but i missed the fact the CPUs in the kimsufis dont support virtualisation!

I realy dont want to have to pay 17 for a windows licence, same price as the server, when I've already got one

slayer2005
30-07-2009, 17:21
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
I wonder when/if that will ever happen Things are in the works, maybe, but when will they become real is the question.
Correct,its always soon witch then leads to very soon witch then leads to never

DedicatedPros
30-07-2009, 15:31
I wonder when/if that will ever happen Things are in the works, maybe, but when will they become real is the question.

Andy
30-07-2009, 15:12
Quote Originally Posted by gigabit
Then i dont will we get the option one day to use our own or not because of illegal keys etc?
From what I read you will, but you have to send your license to OVH so they can verify it, then its added to your account, and they return the license to you

gigabit
30-07-2009, 15:11
Then i dont will we get the option one day to use our own or not because of illegal keys etc?

Neil
30-07-2009, 09:42
An SPLA Licence is a specific type of licence that Microsoft provide designed large companies or volume providers,, you pay yearly for 50 computers etc, you can read up on it here, http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...g/default.mspx

But I suspect that you do not have an SPLA Licence, because I think you would know if you did.

gigabit
30-07-2009, 09:33
That's the thing Neil, i don't know... I thought licences were licences...

Ticket 189598.

Thanks

zitanix
30-07-2009, 09:22
how much price for monthly license " windows server 2003" and " windows server 2008 " ?
SP server

Neil
30-07-2009, 09:16
What it is the ticket number? Although the key is for Windows Server, is it an SPLA key?

gigabit
29-07-2009, 22:44
I replied to the ticket yesterday at about 10AM... I'll probably phone them tomorrow anyway, I'm not in a rush though, no deadline for that server.

Andy
29-07-2009, 22:29
Support isn't open until 9am tomorrow so you won't get a response until then. I recommend phone support for issues like this, and for a faster response.

gigabit
29-07-2009, 21:21
Ticket from OVH:
Code:
Here are the details of this operation: 
Invalid SPLA license number
After the system stopped responding during installation and intervention ticket thingy was made.

Is it not SP1 that OVH install maybe?

*awaits reply from OVH, if they ever check the tickets *

DedicatedPros
29-07-2009, 21:16
I'm pretty sure that that's how the system works, never tried myself though Might give it a go this week, but are you sure the crash is a license issue or just a crash?

gigabit
29-07-2009, 20:45
Not getting much of a reply from OVH staff on this one - they're great for fixing hardware but anything else they don't seem to be there

Anyway - I'm trying to use my own Windows licence on a server, I thought thats what the "SPLA licence" button was forl afterall I was able to post in my key and it accepted it. The installation then began but crashed later on - aparently the key was bad.

My key was for "Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition with SP1" and i tried installing "Windows standard 2003" from the manager.

Anyone got any info about this? Or was the licence section for something else?

Thanks...