OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimsufi: Additional IP = £5 /month, Unlimited = 1TB, Entry level = £10 increase

impstimp
11-08-2009, 17:21
I have 5 dedi server's currently and need 4-5 kimsufis on top of this, it would have been good to have more transfer, but I'll just use them now for internal use instead... My problem is the setup fee's, this is crazy! If I proceed it means you want me to pay £400 in setup fees...!!

Now I'm looking at other hosts because I think this is crazy, but I like to have all my servers with the same company, which would mean I would have to move all servers to someone else and this would mean a loss of £900-1000 a month from me alone.

I'm sure you'll have many other customers similar to me, even if you lose 10 like me, thats £10k a month you're losing.

Think the setup fees need to be removed at the least and the data transfer increased.

antdgar
11-08-2009, 16:40
me too!

gigabit
07-08-2009, 21:11
Me too

*Mikee*
07-08-2009, 21:06
Yup i agree - If there was no setup fee and data transfer limit - I would have bought a Q-1T by now

Quote Originally Posted by SenS
I think, this would be a great solution:

(With these actual prices or a bit less)
#1 Make setup fees persistent, remove the limit of 3 TB (God, it is really hard to get used to this limited bw thing)
#2 Remove the setup fee, make bw limit 4~5TB

It makes no sense to limit bw and charge setup fee at same time.

SenS
07-08-2009, 21:01
I think, this would be a great solution:

(With these actual prices or a bit less)
#1 Make setup fees persistent, remove the limit of 3 TB (God, it is really hard to get used to this limited bw thing)
#2 Remove the setup fee, make bw limit 4~5TB

It makes no sense to limit bw and charge setup fee at same time.

*Mikee*
07-08-2009, 21:00
Yup all my services are ran on my own dedi's

Andy
07-08-2009, 20:59
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
You don't put MySQL on the same server to begin with. Go grab the MySQL service from OVH - starts at £6 per month with unlimited storage (!) and 128 MB dedicated RAM (which, in fact, is more important to MySQL than CPU power).
Defeats the point of a dedicated server if you're not going to run your own services...

*Mikee*
07-08-2009, 20:32
Not Mine
Quote Originally Posted by gigabit
FYI, both the "Celeron" Kimsufis i have bought over the last 6 months have had Pentium 4's in them

Myatu
07-08-2009, 20:29
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
And what about MySQL? Its very CPU heavy even with optimisations. Dual core Pentiums cost very little more than the Celerons, so why not upgrade and give better all round performance? If not a dual core then at least a Pentium 4 3.06GHz like the old Kimsufi 2XL.
You don't put MySQL on the same server to begin with. Go grab the MySQL service from OVH - starts at £6 per month with unlimited storage (!) and 128 MB dedicated RAM (which, in fact, is more important to MySQL than CPU power).

gigabit
07-08-2009, 20:28
FYI, both the "Celeron" Kimsufis i have bought over the last 6 months have had Pentium 4's in them

Andy
07-08-2009, 20:27
And what about MySQL? Its very CPU heavy even with optimisations. Dual core Pentiums cost very little more than the Celerons, so why not upgrade and give better all round performance? If not a dual core then at least a Pentium 4 3.06GHz like the old Kimsufi 2XL.

Myatu
07-08-2009, 20:24
Change the crappy celeron to something like a low end Pentium Dual Core and you'll have yourself the perfect base server. That CPU is pointless compared to the rest of the hardware.
C'mon... £19.99! It's less than what I spend on crisps each month! And I'd betcha I could outperform Apache on a dual core with this Celeron... It's all about tweaking, which makes Kimsufi's such excellent choice... I think Oles has come down a lot at the request of the the lynch mob today

DedicatedPros
07-08-2009, 19:51
You wouldn't, since under the infrastructure scheme the minimum is 10Mbps no matter how many servers you have.
Forgot about that Yes than that would be nice

DedicatedPros
07-08-2009, 19:51
Even if they would change them, they won't tell you that as they may not make the decision yet (the new servers were only introduced yesterday, once OVH sees some hard sales data they will decide then).

*Mikee*
07-08-2009, 19:36
Well my Server renews on the 16th August 2009 and i would like to upgrade and move all my data i need to my new server - Just need word the setup fee's are not going to change or are they going to get removed before Monday

Andy
07-08-2009, 19:29
This is why they should introduce new offers then wait a while and then remove the old ones, that way people can see the differences etc etc etc.

*Mikee*
07-08-2009, 19:28
Yeah Andy i'm thinking the same -- I'm just thinking should i order and spend money on the setup fee ! Or wait of incase it changes to setup fee 0 I would be mad if i paid the setup then a few days later it had gone lol

Andy
07-08-2009, 19:23
Quote Originally Posted by *Mikee*
I was gonna order Q-1T and Transfer all my data from my old Kimisufi -- But knowning my luck i would order it up then the setup prices would be gone so i'm going to wait off for a bit -- I have a quick question regarding the 3TB Data Transfer -- Is that upstream only or both up/down
I presume UP only since down has always been unlimited, even on 1Gbps...

*Mikee*
07-08-2009, 19:23
I was gonna order Q-1T and Transfer all my data from my old Kimisufi -- But knowning my luck i would order it up then the setup prices would be gone so i'm going to wait off for a bit -- I have a quick question regarding the 3TB Data Transfer -- Is that upstream only or both up/down

Andy
07-08-2009, 19:17
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
It would be good for anyone that has less than 10 servers, but once you go above 10 you will get worse speeds I think keeping it at 10Mbps isn't a bad idea
You wouldn't, since under the infrastructure scheme the minimum is 10Mbps no matter how many servers you have.

DedicatedPros
07-08-2009, 19:15
It was mentioned before by someone but i'll just repeat it - it would be good if after we used all the bandwidth instead of going to 10mbit it went down to 100Mbit linked into the infrastructure scheme (so 2 servers = 50mbit etc).
It would be good for anyone that has less than 10 servers, but once you go above 10 you will get worse speeds I think keeping it at 10Mbps isn't a bad idea

Andy
07-08-2009, 19:15
Change the crappy celeron to something like a low end Pentium Dual Core and you'll have yourself the perfect base server. That CPU is pointless compared to the rest of the hardware.

gigabit
07-08-2009, 18:58
It was mentioned before by someone but i'll just repeat it - it would be good if after we used all the bandwidth instead of going to 10mbit it went down to 100Mbit linked into the infrastructure scheme (so 2 servers = 50mbit etc).

unclebob
07-08-2009, 18:17
£19.99 = Brilliant

pete_w
07-08-2009, 17:33
Much Better

gigabit
07-08-2009, 17:33
Now thats getting better

SenS
07-08-2009, 17:22
Actually, I am not feeling calmed down. Because, I think there is no major change that makes things more flexible.

What is the setup fee? 100/12 (months)=8.3 Euros. Add 10 more Euro to each server and remove them.

Why 3 TB BW? What is changed? I always think (which is like other providers), this shouldn't be called as unlimited bandwidth. Because it is not! Everybody, who consumes more than 3 TB, should be using instant traffic more than 10 Mbps. This makes no sense. If this limited bandwidth crap application will be stubborn, limit should be 6 TB or more. (and you see, I have to call this process as "limit", nothing else)

*Mikee*
07-08-2009, 17:14
Very Nice indeed - I'm very happy ! !

DedicatedPros
07-08-2009, 17:02
The prices have been lowered, that's very, very nice, I also see we now get 3TB of bandwith per month The extra bandwith price has been lowered too (now its 2TB for 15GBP), sweet deal.

Nice move Oles, I think this will calm a lot of people down, though the setup fees leave something to be hoped for

Halide
07-08-2009, 16:26
So this is all really about turnover again eh?

Well then, I propose a setup fee, perhaps 9.99 - 39.99 depending on cost of server.

After that, a higher First Month payment as well as higher costs for customers only buying 1 Month renewals. Lower the prices of people buying or renewing for 3, 6, 9, 12 months.

Perhaps flesh out a good reseller program as well, the resellers will take advantage of the lower over-time costs and will buy for greater amounts of time....they'll lease out the same server to new clients as old ones leave and they'll be taking part of the turnover off of you and onto them.

Wouldn't that decrease turnover quite well?

We're not opposed to a bit higher prices, as you can see the vast majority are very mad about the absolute crap new bandwidth plans. Perhaps just upgrade HDD's and thats it lol ... i was liking was the 500 GB on smallest new Kimsufi :P

gigabit
07-08-2009, 13:45
Which is why they could have simply raised the standard prices rather than introduce these crazy ways...

wackomoo
07-08-2009, 13:37
Quote Originally Posted by RikT
The way it seems from reading all the feedback the turnover is going to end up nil as people will just go elsewhere and OVH will end up with 100's of redundant servers not earning anything and just costing so in the long run OVH will lose a majority of the business they now have

There will always be people who come to OVH. Whats better - 10 customers paying 100 euro, or 100 customers paying 10 euro? Seeing how each customer is an added cost (bandwidth + server hardware + support + etc) I'd say 10@100 rather than 100@10.

RikT
07-08-2009, 12:29
The way it seems from reading all the feedback the turnover is going to end up nil as people will just go elsewhere and OVH will end up with 100's of redundant servers not earning anything and just costing so in the long run OVH will lose a majority of the business they now have

oles@ovh.net
07-08-2009, 12:20
DedicatedPros a écrit:
>
> oles@ovh.net;18885 Wrote:
>> DedicatedPros a écrit:
>> >
>> > I also think it would be wise to start some kind of reseller

>> programme,
>>
>> yes. that is why the setup fee are 99E for i7-XX serie. you will touch
>> 49E. we should start it in 2 weeks max.

>
> So we get a one time payment of 49EUR, why not lower or get rid of the
> setup fee and give us monthly commission out of what the client pays.

because it will limit the turnover.

*Mikee*
07-08-2009, 11:56
I agree with This aswell so +1

You no longer offer a cheap baseline real dedicated server like the old Kimsufi Celeron server for £19.99. That is what made Kimsufi unique. Without it, you might as well move all of these servers to OVH.co.uk/.com

DedicatedPros
07-08-2009, 11:51
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
DedicatedPros a écrit:
>
> I also think it would be wise to start some kind of reseller programme,

yes. that is why the setup fee are 99E for i7-XX serie. you will touch
49E. we should start it in 2 weeks max.
So we get a one time payment of 49EUR, why not lower or get rid of the setup fee and give us monthly commission out of what the client pays. The fact that the setup fee is so high is a very, very big turn off, which means the reseller programme won't be very effective.

oles@ovh.net
07-08-2009, 11:38
DedicatedPros a écrit:
>
> I also think it would be wise to start some kind of reseller programme,

yes. that is why the setup fee are 99E for i7-XX serie. you will touch
49E. we should start it in 2 weeks max.

DedicatedPros
07-08-2009, 11:14
I also think it would be wise to start some kind of reseller programme, this could help lower your turnover as I could offer better prices to clients that order for a prolonged period of time or that get more services at once. Its a bit hard to do this now, especially taxes and how its pretty much impossible to get any kind of partnership to allow for faster setups.

Either way, thanks Neil for giving us something to *maybe* hope for

Neil
07-08-2009, 11:09
Well I would like to thank you all for the negative and positive feedback, the idea was to offer a better range of servers with more features, although you were looking forward to the changes they do not seem to be suitable or what you have expected.

The other strategy was to reduce the turnover which is a serious issue and has to be resolved.

However we have already compiled feedback and sent it to Octave, so I recommend you keep an eye on this forum for any news.

Andy
07-08-2009, 10:16
You no longer offer a cheap baseline real dedicated server like the old Kimsufi Celeron server for £19.99. That is what made Kimsufi unique. Without it, you might as well move all of these servers to OVH.co.uk/.com etc.

What we want is what is said above:
OK-ish hardware
Nice disk space
Unlimited 100Mbps bandwidth
No setup fees

That is what makes Kimsufi unique and brings in the customers. Without it, you've lost the uniqueness and probably half your customer base...

Please Oles, think about it. Consider changing the hardware again to something like I suggested in the "perfect server" topic. Let US tell you what WE want, and work around that. Then you know the customer is getting what they want, and not what you want us to have.

I'll say it again, please think about it hard. You're the best providor I've ever found, please keep it this way and listen to us!

SenS
07-08-2009, 10:07
Now you gave us what everyone else does, good hardware, high setup fees, bad bandwith plans, and something that just won't last.
Totally agree, I always assume that OVH has it's own style on dedicated server plans. Now, with these plans, OVH has nothing different from the other providers.

DedicatedPros
07-08-2009, 09:16
Halide a écrit:
>
> oles@ovh.net;18836 Wrote:
>> it will cost you lot of money. you will pay it in ovh or elsewhere or
>> you won't make lot of traffic
>>
>> anyway we propose the huge servers i7, with lot of RAM, extra disk (6TB
>> !!)
>> it's the EG Storage you asked. and it costs < 100E ! so you can have
>> all
>> you had before "and illimited trafic and all options and ... and ...".

>
> ummmm yea, i needed a _CHEAP_ server _NOT_ CPU or RAM intensive nor big
> HDD requirements with _GOOD_ bandwidth plan.....

and it costs MORE money that a GOOD server with GOOD CPU/RAM and with 1TB/mo.
None of us wanted the HARDWARE changes Oles, the reason OVH was such a good provider is because you gave a cheap server with ok hardware and great bandwith plans. Now you gave us what everyone else does, good hardware, high setup fees, bad bandwith plans, and something that just won't last.

Why would you want to change your dedicated server plans if they were so popular? If you have to than raise the price a bit (again if you have to as you mentioned something about costs), but keep the rest the same.

Oles please consider this, every OVH forum, and pretty much every server related forum in the world hates what you did, than why do it?

oles@ovh.net
07-08-2009, 09:04
Halide a écrit:
>
> oles@ovh.net;18836 Wrote:
>> it will cost you lot of money. you will pay it in ovh or elsewhere or
>> you won't make lot of traffic
>>
>> anyway we propose the huge servers i7, with lot of RAM, extra disk (6TB
>> !!)
>> it's the EG Storage you asked. and it costs < 100E ! so you can have
>> all
>> you had before "and illimited trafic and all options and ... and ...".

>
> ummmm yea, i needed a _CHEAP_ server _NOT_ CPU or RAM intensive nor big
> HDD requirements with _GOOD_ bandwidth plan.....

and it costs MORE money that a GOOD server with GOOD CPU/RAM and with 1TB/mo.

turbanator
07-08-2009, 02:31
99.99 set up fees need to go pelase bring back the 9.99 pounds set up that is fine if u want the set up fee even 15 pounds but 49 99 pounds is ridiculous..i was happy with the 250GB hard drive and the option of 10 pounds and anotehr 500GB usb hard drive..for me 2TB used to be neuff for like an extra 30 pounds which wa fine! here u have to pay 150 pounds just to get 10TB bandwidth per month

lol obviously u have to move to the EG AMD servers..99 pounds..

Halide
07-08-2009, 02:26
it will cost you lot of money. you will pay it in ovh or elsewhere or
you won't make lot of traffic

anyway we propose the huge servers i7, with lot of RAM, extra disk (6TB !!)
it's the EG Storage you asked. and it costs < 100E ! so you can have all
you had before "and illimited trafic and all options and ... and ...".
ummmm yea, i needed a CHEAP server NOT CPU or RAM intensive nor big HDD requirements with GOOD bandwidth plan.....

you refer me to VERY expensive plan, lots of cpu/ram/hdd, but crap bandwidth plan? i7 kimsufi or EG Storage? those are both many times what i pay right now, many times what i can afford.

Thanks but no thanks, as stated make deals BETTER not WORSE

This is the second time you guys have tried something new and screwed up, you will either lose business or roll back to old plans and try again....it's inevitable.

Thanks OVH for all your excellent business so far, you guys have been the best! And I'm fairly sure you will see the customer base's needs are not fulfilled by your new set up. So far you're excellent at acting upon consumer feedback, so thanks again

freshwire
07-08-2009, 01:52
The kimsufi.com had 5 earlier im sure hmmmmm

SenS
07-08-2009, 01:49
Are those traffic managements going to be applied for old ordered servers (which are being used right now)?

Besides, why www.kimsufi.com has just 2 servers of them and www.kimsufi.co.uk 5 different servers? On the other hand, the servers that in www.kimsufi.com do not have any traffic limitation?

Very Ridiculous Arrangements (New Ones):
Traffic Limitation to 1 Tb?!
Setup Fee?!
Ip per 5?!

This is really makes no sense, I bet this will make a decrease on market rather than increase! I'd loved to sell old hardware servers rather than these ridiculous options.

oles@ovh.net
07-08-2009, 01:18
Halide a écrit:
>
> Unlimited = 1 TB......you guys are going to lose absolutely RIDICULOUS
> AMOUNTS OF BUSINESS IF YOU GO THROUGH WITH THIS!!!!
>
> I myself have 6 of the old Kimsufi L's and will renew them as long as
> the old terms stay.
>
> I will not however be back for more servers if you keep this. I use
> lots of traffic and less CPU/RAM....as do MANY other OVH customers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
it will cost you lot of money. you will pay it in ovh or elsewhere or
you won't make lot of traffic

anyway we propose the huge servers i7, with lot of RAM, extra disk (6TB !!)
it's the EG Storage you asked. and it costs < 100E ! so you can have all
you had before "and illimited trafic and all options and ... and ...".

Halide
07-08-2009, 00:22
Unlimited = 1 TB......you guys are going to lose absolutely RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF BUSINESS IF YOU GO THROUGH WITH THIS!!!!

I myself have 6 of the old Kimsufi L's and will renew them as long as the old terms stay.

I will not however be back for more servers if you keep this. I use lots of traffic and less CPU/RAM....as do MANY other OVH customers.

As already said, get ready for a massive decrease in sales OVH.....and i mean epicly massive

gigabit
07-08-2009, 00:19
I remember last time OVH changed something for the worse then everyone came to the forums and complained then Oles poped up then changed things and everything was excellent after that. And look at that, Oles just poped up!

freshwire
06-08-2009, 22:29
gigabit a écrit:
>
> Come on though, it just seems a rediculous price for something that used
> to be £1. Did the IP minion go on strike or something?

hmm ... you are probably right. tomorrow I will change it
At least OVH still goes out to change things when we make our voice clear

oles@ovh.net
06-08-2009, 22:14
gigabit a écrit:
>
> Come on though, it just seems a rediculous price for something that used
> to be £1. Did the IP minion go on strike or something?

hmm ... you are probably right. tomorrow I will change it

RikT
06-08-2009, 21:30
Did the IP minion go on strike or something?
Who knows it is france after all

gigabit
06-08-2009, 21:07
Come on though, it just seems a rediculous price for something that used to be £1. Did the IP minion go on strike or something?

freshwire
06-08-2009, 20:38
Permanent IP = 49/99 (not recurring)
Failover IP = 5/mo

Thats how I see it.

oles@ovh.net
06-08-2009, 20:34
the website isn't understood.

it means:
if you want the IP, you only pay fee setup (49/99).

if you want your IP is an failover IP, it costs 5/IP
if you don't want any failover IP it costs nothing.

I will check the website to explain it in the better
way.

Dave
06-08-2009, 20:08
Yep the new range is a joke, they'll soon realise when they see a HUGE decrease in sales.

how can they call 1TB unlimited? I think something has been lost in translation from French to English...

EDIT:

Holly , I obviously didn't pay as much attention to the new range as I should have.... £99.99 setup on some servers... that really must be a typo lol.

unclebob
06-08-2009, 19:42
Do you guys actually utilise the resources of your server(s)? I have 475MB out of 512MB ram free, my CPU is usually idle and I am using < 10GB disk space. I want a dedicated server with a nice chunk of bandwidth without the price. The new range is the total opposite of what I need!

*Mikee*
06-08-2009, 19:41
+1.
Quote Originally Posted by darkfyre
in my opinion the new range is not good at all!

darkfyre
06-08-2009, 19:39
im just glad i ordered two of the old ones earlier .. paid by card just now :-D

in my opinion the new range is not good at all!

*Mikee*
06-08-2009, 19:31
I thought it would be alot better
I know... lol 5GBP per an IP is the biggest rip off EVER!!!!!!

Doesn't this make you feel all worm and fuzzy inside, especially how Oles and all of OVH told us this was going to be a change for the cheaper....

DedicatedPros
06-08-2009, 19:27
Oh and the setup fee is nice, NOT!

DedicatedPros
06-08-2009, 19:22
I know... lol 5GBP per an IP is the biggest rip off EVER!!!!!!

Doesn't this make you feel all worm and fuzzy inside, especially how Oles and all of OVH told us this was going to be a change for the cheaper....

unclebob
06-08-2009, 19:19
Are you kidding me?