OVH Community, your new community space.

2009 Pro servers

rickyday
11-08-2009, 10:31
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
Hello,

The 2009 Pro servers range will be updated tomorrow evening on 10 Ovh websites.

Regards,

Octave
What time roughly

rickyday
11-08-2009, 10:25
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
They all think the same thing; bandwith and setup fees are too high.
Well I am looking forward to the new Pro Range being released, perhaps im the only one? lol
Cant see many resellers looking forward to it tbh as bandwidth is king, for obvious reasons when the majority of their business is seedbox users. But from my perspective its all good.

Hardware OVH!
Give me improved hardware!

DedicatedPros
11-08-2009, 10:05
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Yes I know its not going to be popular with some people, but the users on these forums are just a fraction of OVHs customerbase and it will be popular with others like myself.
What many people forget is that there are only 1,997 members on this forum, and I'm guessing most of them are not active. People do talk about these changes on IRC, different boards, and than in the end my would be clients on live chat. They all think the same thing; bandwith and setup fees are too high.

rickyday
11-08-2009, 09:58
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
You unlike many
Well I just thought I would put in my 2 Cents worth.

Yes I know its not going to be popular with some people, but the users on these forums are just a fraction of OVHs customerbase and it will be popular with others like myself.

Remember people dont post when they are happy and looking forward to something normally, I am unique
People post when they are upset and annoyed, which is plain to see from a couple of peoples posts on these forums, but the posts seem to be repeating from the same 2 people, repeating themselves over and over again.

I can see it being unpopular with resellers, exactly because of the bandwidth, at the end of the day, seedboxes use a lot of bandwidth, so i would be annoyed if the bandwidth was cut on my servers by half as there would be a lot of upset customers.

Looking forward to the changes Oles, make that hardware good my son

DedicatedPros
11-08-2009, 09:45
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Cant wait!
You unlike many

rickyday
11-08-2009, 09:34
Well I personally am looking forward to the changes to the Pro servers.
At the moment I have a Storage Server on the traffic series (10TB Bandwidth) and ive looked at the Kimsufi range and the improved hardware and spec is making me feel a little rejected now, as the hardware of the original SP Storage is not all that if we are honest, CPU doesnt support virtualisation, 2GB RAM, just doesnt cut it for me any more.

Now I know you are going to mention 10TB of bandwidth being halved to 5TB on the new Pro Server Range, which is absolutely fine, beacuse im not using anywhere near that much bandwidth, 5TB would be more than enough, I am really looking forward to seeing the improved hardware of the Pro Server

I mean look at the top end kimsufi server with and I7 Processor,12GB Ram, 1Gbps NIC + the same amount of HDs as there is in my SP Storage, and its 20 less, even if i ordered one of those and bought another 2TB of bandwidth totalling the amount to 5TB, it would be the same price as the current SP Storage (Albeit it with half the bandwidth, but thats not an issue here), if the Pro server range didnt change I would be feeling a little hard done by tbh.

I want the improved hardware!

Cant wait!

oles@ovh.net
10-08-2009, 19:04
Hello,

The 2009 Pro servers range will be updated tomorrow evening on 10 Ovh websites.

Regards,

Octave