OVH Community, your new community space.

Sharing upload ratio...

DedicatedPros
11-08-2009, 09:32
Either do what gigabit said or use a webui script available on the uTorrent forums, that way you can setup multiple accounts and other useful stuff

Though I think the multiuser thing is best, though don't forget the common folder

gigabit
10-08-2009, 23:13
The utorrent webui only allows for one webui user. It's a single user app. If you wanted each person to have their own area you would have to set up different users under Linux and run utorrent for each of them.

Jobe
10-08-2009, 21:47
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
Lol, I'll give it a go (don't h8 me guys)

You'd both need to have permission to access a common dir where the torrents will be stored, than you'd also need to manually add each torrent via remote desktop (webui won't work) and select the proper download location. Once that's done uTorrent should check the files and start seeding without downloading again

Also I'd just like to add I hope you're using this seedbox just to leech Linux isos lol
Yeh of course.. I jus download linux isos

Thanks Dedi Think I know wot u mean!

Is it possible to make two user logins with utorrent?

DedicatedPros
10-08-2009, 21:44
Lol, I'll give it a go (don't h8 me guys)

You'd both need to have permission to access a common dir where the torrents will be stored, than you'd also need to manually add each torrent via remote desktop (webui won't work) and select the proper download location. Once that's done uTorrent should check the files and start seeding without downloading again

Also I'd just like to add I hope you're using this seedbox just to leech Linux isos lol

gigabit
10-08-2009, 21:41
tut tut!

derchris
10-08-2009, 21:35
Sorry, but no torrent support here.

If I already hear the word seedbox

Jobe
10-08-2009, 21:33
Sup guys.
My friend & I own a seedbox together. It is installed with uTorrent WebUI 0.361

Once one of us has downloaded a torrent, it then saves the data file on the server hard drive. Is there anyway that we're both able to seed the files, therefore both getting an almost 50/50 split of the ratio (I understand that this may not be exactly 50% split)

When we were using TorrentFlux, it showed what we were leeching/seeding in seperate parts of the screen. I could download something, He would then be able to add the same torrent to tflux and it would hash check the files on the server and then start seeding using his account as well as me seeding it on my account. TFlux kept crashing, so I decided to go for utorrent!

I find this hard to explain when typing it lol!

Hopefully I've made it clear

Thx

-Jobe