OVH Community, your new community space.

To the whining kids with kimsufi's

freshwire
14-08-2009, 21:15
Halide was very mean to all of us

Neil
14-08-2009, 10:15
Quote Originally Posted by Halide
Wow you're post is so base it's not even funny. You first cite examples of CS game, a game from the damn 90's lmfao

Then in another post you state you dont even have a kimsufi.

So kindly shut it.

I can completely understand setup fee's, as they are I think they're a tad too high and there are better ways than high setup fee's to deal with turnover in my opinion but whatever

The really key issue for us with kimsufi's is the ludicrious new bandwidth scheme.

As bandwidth goes, it is absolutely inexcusable to go for virtually unlimited (95% of b/w possible) to a hard limit of 3 freakin TB. And expecting us to pay 14 GBP for another 2 TB? This is simply GREED!!!!!

Oles, Neil, they have BOTH SAID BANDWIDTH WAS NEVER AN ISSUE SO WHY IN GODS NAME FECK WITH IT!!!!!!!!

So kindly shush your face, kthxbai.
Maybe from the 90's (very late) but still popular, http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

It is not compulsory to purchase more bandwidth instead your server will still have a 10Mbps connection.

Also a warning, please respect other users on this forum.

impstimp
14-08-2009, 09:55
Think your post Halide shows who the kid is...you can disagree with people but don't have to throw insults.

And just for your information, CS is still one of the most popular FPS online titles around, its not just a small few that still play the game.

Halide
14-08-2009, 03:24
Wow you're post is so base it's not even funny. You first cite examples of CS game, a game from the damn 90's lmfao

Then in another post you state you dont even have a kimsufi.

So kindly shut it.

I can completely understand setup fee's, as they are I think they're a tad too high and there are better ways than high setup fee's to deal with turnover in my opinion but whatever

The really key issue for us with kimsufi's is the ludicrious new bandwidth scheme.

As bandwidth goes, it is absolutely inexcusable to go for virtually unlimited (95% of b/w possible) to a hard limit of 3 freakin TB. And expecting us to pay 14 GBP for another 2 TB? This is simply GREED!!!!!

Oles, Neil, they have BOTH SAID BANDWIDTH WAS NEVER AN ISSUE SO WHY IN GODS NAME FECK WITH IT!!!!!!!!

So kindly shush your face, kthxbai.

Ashley
13-08-2009, 14:37
Quote Originally Posted by antdgar
You would fail economics in a heartbeat.
Good thing I didn't do economics then aye. But I know exactly what I meant.

Plus, most of us have loyalty points that should cover the set up fee

antdgar
13-08-2009, 14:36
Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
Then the more you have your server, the less it equals to be.
You would fail economics in a heartbeat.

impstimp
12-08-2009, 12:08
Or waivering the set up costs for those wishing to upgrade the hardware?
I agree with this also.

Ashley
12-08-2009, 11:12
Quote Originally Posted by impstimp
Not everyone has the same setup as you, not everyone uses their servers for the same purposes as you, so to make a post basing it on your needs seems a little silly...

If you're happy with the new kimsufis then that's good, I'm sure there are plenty of people who probably fine with it, but it seems many other users who do use them more intensely are not so happy.

OVH isn't going to be able to please everyone, but I personally would like to see some more bandwidth and scrap the setup costs or at least scrap the setup costs for users who have been with OVH for a certain period of time.

I have pro servers as well kimsufis, but I need more kimsufis on top of what I have now as I expand, the current setup fees and bw limits means that I won't be getting them now.
I currently have two SP servers and an RPS.

I am seriously thinking about upgrading for the 1gb switchport but yes, the bandwith allowance of 10tb which is fine for the moment but my website is growing at an exponential rate.

Regarding the set up cost, RapidSwitch offer you the option of paying a set up cost or an extra £X a month ontop of the server. Maybe that is something OVH is thinking about doing?

Or waivering the set up costs for those wishing to upgrade the hardware?

impstimp
12-08-2009, 10:44
Not everyone has the same setup as you, not everyone uses their servers for the same purposes as you, so to make a post basing it on your needs seems a little silly...

If you're happy with the new kimsufis then that's good, I'm sure there are plenty of people who probably fine with it, but it seems many other users who do use them more intensely are not so happy.

OVH isn't going to be able to please everyone, but I personally would like to see some more bandwidth and scrap the setup costs or at least scrap the setup costs for users who have been with OVH for a certain period of time.

I have pro servers as well kimsufis, but I need more kimsufis on top of what I have now as I expand, the current setup fees and bw limits means that I won't be getting them now.

Ashley
12-08-2009, 10:07
I like the new ranges.

Before I joined OVH way back when, I always thought that it was unbelievable value and to see the new ranges it makes me even more happier.

Most of the people *****ing seem to have Kimsufi's. Kimsufi's are budget servers for budget people. I don't see why people are moaning about set up fees, sure the initial cost is higher for the first month, but how long are you planning to have your server for?

It is detering people from buying a server for 1 month and then abandoning it leaving OVH with more stock than they need.

But if you are having a server for maybe over a year, then that cost filters out for every month you have it, not before long, it would have been the equivalent to an extra £1 a month. Then the more you have your server, the less it equals to be. Just see it as an initial deposit that you won't run away after a month.

Now looking at the bandwith (kimsufi again), possibility to have 1gb switch port for only £10 a month? Wow.

This is kimsufi, remember, not long ago you never even got a dedicated 100mb/s connection.

To those who think they are doing gaming servers on kimsufi and running in excess of 6TB a month, really? 30-32 player Counter-Strike server rarely even goes over 2mbps. I do an avergae of 7.7mbps HTTP traffic and barely push past 3tb bandwith a month. So you are stating that you run about 8-10 30-32 player CS servers on a kimsufi? Yeah right.

Either way the extra bandwith OVH are selling £15 for 2TB or what ever is mega cheap, most hosts do it £1/GB.

If you want to prove it to me, install jnettop and then show us a screenshot of your PuTTy window or something (with ports ofc).

-------

To me, looking at OVH's prices for addons, it appears they are slowly moving into the managed services market?