OVH Community, your new community space.

Microsoft Network Load Balancing

PCDiver
14-08-2009, 10:27
Quote Originally Posted by derchris
That is exactly the same.
As soon as you try to go online with one of your Failover or RIPE IP, configured on a VM, it will block the switch Port.
I'm not 100% sure whether it is the same. They could also have implemented MAC address security per switch port.

Any info from OVH staff on this. Please, pretty please

derchris
13-08-2009, 16:28
That is exactly the same.
As soon as you try to go online with one of your Failover or RIPE IP, configured on a VM, it will block the switch Port.

PCDiver
13-08-2009, 08:23
Quote Originally Posted by derchris
I think this change request has something to do with it, which is still ongoing:

http://travaux.ovh.com/?do=details&id=3187
I had a look at the description and I don't think it is related. What they seem to be doing is blocking IP Addresses that are not assigned to a server to prevent spoofing. With Microsoft NLB you have one main IP address for the NLB cluster, additional virtual MAC addresses per server and dedicated IP addresses.

The project I'm working on will require initially 3 to 5 servers but could quickly go up to +20 servers. I therefore need to know whether Microsoft NLB is supported. I can test this for OVH if they want, but I'm not going to rent servers in order to do the tests.

derchris
12-08-2009, 14:20
I think this change request has something to do with it, which is still ongoing:

http://travaux.ovh.com/?do=details&id=3187

PCDiver
12-08-2009, 13:52
I would like a confirmation from OVH staff that it is supported. I've been waiting to launch a major project involving multiple servers joined in a Microsoft NLB cluster.

derchris
12-08-2009, 12:34
That is something we all been waiting for, so we can use bridge mode for any kind of VT software.
Means another MAC will not be kicked out of the switch port.

PCDiver
12-08-2009, 12:06
Hi,

I read somewhere that the network security was (will be) changed to provide better support virtualistation. Does this mean that Microsoft Network Load Balancing will work as well? Will it be possible to use virtual mac addresses?

Thanks,

Peter