OVH Community, your new community space.

Missing mid-level Kimsufi server?

TDG
29-08-2009, 19:24
No-one from OVH have any input on this? It seems very obvious to me... the Celeron is crap

TDG
24-08-2009, 19:48
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
The Athlon LE was crap, but the AMD Tricore or dualcore Intel Pentium was good, I'd personally like to see something like this started (where do you even get Intel Celeron CPUs to build new servers in this day and age ).
My thoughts exactly!

DedicatedPros
20-08-2009, 17:11
The Athlon LE was crap, but the AMD Tricore or dualcore Intel Pentium was good, I'd personally like to see something like this started (where do you even get Intel Celeron CPUs to build new servers in this day and age ).

TDG
20-08-2009, 13:07
I posted this in the Kimsufi 2009 thread but fear it may get lost in the barrage of comments, so thought I'd post again in a seperate thread to make sure it gets seen...

I think there is a really obvious gap in the new line-up that wasn't there before...

There need to be a server between the celeron and the quad core... (ie. what the old Athlon LE filled)

Something like a Core 2 Duo... £29.99 per month and maybe £25 setup (or less if possible)? It can keep the rest the same as the Celeron... 500GB HDD, 2GB RAM, Fast Eth

I'd go for that... The celeron is useless. I was just about to buy a couple of the old Athlon machines when they disappeared, very disappointed by this gap.