OVH Community, your new community space.

SSD server...

NickW
22-08-2009, 01:34
Quote Originally Posted by gigabit
I like the bandwidth plans on OVH.co.uk currently, I have many servers so not having them all slowed down because I have so many is brilliant. 5TB is plenty for me too normally, otherwise I would use the unmetered - which people should stop comaplining about. I've had people test from places like Australia and the speed from "low priority transit" is the same as high priority from the traffic series. I guess if OVHs backbone or any other transit lines become busy then that will change... but for now its awesome.
Yes, exactly. Surely bandwidth priority only makes a difference when a pipe is running at max capacity?

gigabit
21-08-2009, 16:06
I like the bandwidth plans on OVH.co.uk currently, I have many servers so not having them all slowed down because I have so many is brilliant. 5TB is plenty for me too normally, otherwise I would use the unmetered - which people should stop comaplining about. I've had people test from places like Australia and the speed from "low priority transit" is the same as high priority from the traffic series. I guess if OVHs backbone or any other transit lines become busy then that will change... but for now its awesome.

fvigotti
21-08-2009, 15:05
yes 10+ servers have that cap.. yeah.. lower number of servers have higher cap.. but usually power webmaster.. that put out 200mb/sec have more than 1 server :P

freshwire
21-08-2009, 14:58
20mbit cap on 10 servers in infrastructure?

derchris
21-08-2009, 14:15
I don't know where are you looking, but there is no 20 mbit cap on OVH FR.

fvigotti
21-08-2009, 11:00
guys... ovh.fr HAVE a limit of 20mb/sec when you have just some server...
with 20mb/sec you can send out from the server:
20/8*86400*30/1000000 = 6.48TB (i mean only outgoing BW, at fulltime maximum usage) so limits are not so different don't worry so much about your 10TB

anyway i've opened this thread to talk about ssd i love them!! (and i love i7 too :P).. please ovh create some hybrid solutions with i7, ssd and std hdd : )

regards,
Francesco

derchris
21-08-2009, 09:43
Quote Originally Posted by fvigotti
about traffic restrictions.. let me say.. i ahve more than 40servers worldwide.. ovh is chepaest BW provider... even if servers are limited at 10TB/month than 10mb/sec :P
usually if you consume more than 10tb/month you should also earn enought to pay a bit more for BW :P
i have some server wich uses lot of BW.. but not at ovh (for bw quality) and i pay them some k€/month :P

thanks,
Francesco
But thats the problem.
You are a OVH FR customer, and there is no traffic limit.
So you don't really care.

We did the same, until the new offers were online.
So we can see a hugh difference between the various OVH sites.

You can be lucky to be a OVH FR customer

SenS
21-08-2009, 09:12
I agree in one way. There should be (only) SATA disk options too. I believe this option also will decrease the price and increase the potential sales of servers. This must be consider ASAP. If this happens I believe that I can consume a lot of i7 servers and by these options; OVH can reach their "competition in market" issue.

fvigotti
21-08-2009, 07:54
about traffic restrictions.. let me say.. i ahve more than 40servers worldwide.. ovh is chepaest BW provider... even if servers are limited at 10TB/month than 10mb/sec :P
usually if you consume more than 10tb/month you should also earn enought to pay a bit more for BW :P
i have some server wich uses lot of BW.. but not at ovh (for bw quality) and i pay them some k€/month :P

thanks,
Francesco

derchris
20-08-2009, 22:31
Quote Originally Posted by fvigotti
i want also to add that i'm 2yo customer on ovh.fr ... i'm very happy for the service and control panel improvemens ( i love to have the possibility to reload os and have control on disk parititioning )

and i'm.. like lot of other users.. not just attracted from these 200mb/s unmetered ... i have currently 5 servers.. and my total bw usage is under 1 mb/sec i think you could attract more users like me offering some less BW package.. with a bit more server power/features :P

i'm sorry again for my very bad english
thank you,
Francesco
Maybe you should live in the UK, and order one of the new servers from the .co.uk website.
And then you realize, "omfg, Traffic restrictions"

fvigotti
20-08-2009, 21:47
i want also to add that i'm 2yo customer on ovh.fr ... i'm very happy for the service and control panel improvemens ( i love to have the possibility to reload os and have control on disk parititioning )

and i'm.. like lot of other users.. not just attracted from these 200mb/s unmetered ... i have currently 5 servers.. and my total bw usage is under 1 mb/sec i think you could attract more users like me offering some less BW package.. with a bit more server power/features :P

i'm sorry again for my very bad english
thank you,
Francesco

fvigotti
20-08-2009, 15:46
hi your new ssd server under 100€ are very intersting!
would be even better if you could add a 750gb sata disk to it.. if it cost too much.. would be fine too something like
1xssd80gb x25m + 2x750gb sataHD
or maybe
1x ssd32gb x25e + 1x750gb sataHD
that's would be very nice because you can store core database/webfiles in the ssd, and even have some space for other files..(webfiles, backup, uploads.. ) :P also the ssd x25e have 10x MTBF :P

the most important.. is to not have pure ssd or pure HD servers.. but hybrid ones..

thank you..
that's just my 2cents :P

Best regards,
Francesco