OVH Community, your new community space.

Transferring a server

over9000
20-08-2009, 22:22
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
If you insist on searching for 1 letter words it is possible by sending the request to OVH via POST. Just don't expect a reply for at least 4 days.
Lol I wasn't searching for a one letter word.

I was using a search string that contained a one letter word.

freshwire
20-08-2009, 19:46
If you insist on searching for 1 letter words it is possible by sending the request to OVH via POST. Just don't expect a reply for at least 4 days.

DedicatedPros
20-08-2009, 19:34
No prob

over9000
20-08-2009, 19:31
Thanks mate!

DedicatedPros
20-08-2009, 19:28
I hate that search limit, all of your words need to be at least 3 characters long, but I recommend using Google search for this as it works way better

Transferring a server is very possible, you need to mail in some stuff to OVH, so it could take a few days. Here's the link:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/procedu...geContacts.cgi

over9000
20-08-2009, 18:22
I just got this error:

The search term you specified (a) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.
When searching for this:

transfer a server to another person
So, I tried to search and I am sure the question has been asked before.

My friend bought a SP Mini and decided that it is not to his liking, and he wants to rent something a little more powerful from OVH. He would like to transfer it to me, and I'm giving him the cost for it, but obviously when the three months rental expires I want to be able to renew using my card and details etc etc.

Can someone tell me how we would go about getting the server put onto my manager? Is this even possible?