OVH Community, your new community space.

eg best of bandwidth

DedicatedPros
25-08-2009, 17:57
He changed to the old infrastructure plan No big deal, just something OVH overlooked.

gigabit
25-08-2009, 10:52
You dont understand what hellblazer did, he got UNMETERED 1Gbit/200Mbit on a EG server

elvis1
25-08-2009, 03:59
Quote Originally Posted by hellblazer
well i can confirm they let you keep gbit download and internal uploads and give you 200mbit upload to internet, once your on that package or switched to it they won't change it but will make it not avi anymore.

I'd jump on it while it's still there but i doubt they will remove it

and that 200mbit to the internet ISNT the old infacstuture plans because i had the of the ones(sp mini) that was part of that and in the manager for the server it just said 100mbit for everything and as more proof i conducted a through speed test just a few mins ago and you do get 200mbit upload to the net so i'm happy all round tbh.
what I dont like:

-setup fee
-10tb cap

DedicatedPros
24-08-2009, 21:59
Hehe Your signature did it m8, I am suing lol

I have a few fractured ribs, some abrasions and scrapes from a few bad football matches, nothing really just hurts when I move

Myatu
24-08-2009, 21:53
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
I'm in the hospital all week and I probably won't update it until the weekend
Well, I was only joking in the other topic about people walking on crutches and showing off old war wounds!? You didn't have to take it THAT serious?

Hope it's not bad though, get well soon

DedicatedPros
24-08-2009, 21:11
Lol, or pay me 34.95EUR and I will get you a kimsufi from ovh.com (It's not on my site yet, I'm in the hospital all week and I probably won't update it until the weekend)

freshwire
24-08-2009, 21:07
I can offer you a way to get 100Mbps unlimited

Simply pay me £250/mo and I will buy 10 cheap kimsufi's and create some software to divide up your server's connection over my 10 kimsufi and it will be magical

Dave
23-08-2009, 20:46
Quote Originally Posted by gigabit
Oh yeh the SP range by default, but judging by hellblazers recent posts, you can get it on all.
Not worth the risk of ordering with the setup fee though, not that I'm needing an upgrade just yet.

hellblazer
23-08-2009, 20:44
Quote Originally Posted by Dave
Are you being sarcastic or talking just about the SP range?

My next upgrade WOULD of been to an EG range server but the setup cost and "Traffic is unlimited. If you exceed 10 TB / month, the connection will be limited" are going to be a deciding factor against this for me, since the servers are cheap if the bandwidth was on the reasonable side it might still of been an option but I could write the data to DVD's and deliver it by hand for cheaper
yes i think you need to read the whole thread*

gigabit
23-08-2009, 20:31
Oh yeh the SP range by default, but judging by hellblazers recent posts, you can get it on all.

DedicatedPros
23-08-2009, 20:30
I think OVH is getting messy, and too favourable towards their own (ze French). Why can't we all get infrastructure based bandwith plans and no setup fee? IdK, Oles is odd.

Dave
23-08-2009, 20:24
But you get 100mbit unmetered for as many servers as you want on ovh.co.uk
Are you being sarcastic or talking just about the SP range?

My next upgrade WOULD of been to an EG range server but the setup cost and "Traffic is unlimited. If you exceed 10 TB / month, the connection will be limited" are going to be a deciding factor against this for me, since the servers are cheap if the bandwidth was on the reasonable side it might still of been an option but I could write the data to DVD's and deliver it by hand for cheaper

hellblazer
23-08-2009, 20:24
200Mbit unmetered actually

Bandwidth / Traffic
Network Connection : 1Gbps
Bandwidth type : Premium
Bw OVH/OVH : 1Gbps

Bw OVH/Internet : 200 Mbps <----- and i've tested that, i got 17.8meg upload

Bw Internet/OVH : 1Gbps
Traffic : unlimited
Current monthly traffic: ***

Dave
23-08-2009, 20:18
I have family there, its on their names
Damn you! :P

I really don't understand what OVH think their doing with .co.uk prices and bandwidth since they are able to provide the good stuff to FR, and its not like they are putting .co.uk in uk data centres or anything different.

// Ah well this has been discussed many times in other threads.

gigabit
23-08-2009, 20:17

DedicatedPros
23-08-2009, 20:13
I have family there, its on their names

Dave
23-08-2009, 20:12
Shame its a bit useless now as I've just gotten an account on ovh.com
How do you get an account on .com? simple as registering or do you need an FR address?

DedicatedPros
23-08-2009, 19:55
Very interesting to see that

Shame its a bit useless now as I've just gotten an account on ovh.com

hellblazer
23-08-2009, 18:31
i was, this is eg 09.

the new stuff

https://www.ovh.co.uk/products/eg_best_of.xml

that exact one

DedicatedPros
23-08-2009, 18:24
I thought you were talking about a newly ordered server

Never mind me then

hellblazer
23-08-2009, 18:22
well i can confirm they let you keep gbit download and internal uploads and give you 200mbit upload to internet, once your on that package or switched to it they won't change it but will make it not avi anymore.

I'd jump on it while it's still there but i doubt they will remove it

and that 200mbit to the internet ISNT the old infacstuture plans because i had the of the ones(sp mini) that was part of that and in the manager for the server it just said 100mbit for everything and as more proof i conducted a through speed test just a few mins ago and you do get 200mbit upload to the net so i'm happy all round tbh.

DedicatedPros
23-08-2009, 18:20
Will they remove this or what? If not I'd like confirmation

hellblazer
23-08-2009, 18:19
yes, i was actually told this by an ovh member of staff so it isnt bloody by accident

i was not so happy with being the tester tho lol :P

gigabit
23-08-2009, 18:15
so the original premium bandwidth plans are still there?

interesting...

hellblazer
23-08-2009, 17:34
i took a risk and switched and yes it gives you 200mbit upload, thats with gbit download btw and unlimted transfer

hellblazer
23-08-2009, 17:26
You may as well try it tbh, although it might say "this traffic option is not available on this range".
thing is my friend i don't want to lose the gbit download :P altho gbit upload i don't mind losing as long as it's 100mbit

hellblazer
23-08-2009, 17:25
..hellblazer edit

gigabit
23-08-2009, 17:22
You may as well try it tbh, although it might say "this traffic option is not available on this range".

hellblazer
23-08-2009, 17:20
well some months i shift around 10-20tb and others it's minimal nothing over a tb but 2tb for nrly 50 quid is a bit much imo :|

i'll get you a screenie. 2 secs

gigabit
23-08-2009, 17:07
The "premium" series on the new servers is the "unmetered" series (low priority transit), although how you are able to choose that for an EG is a mystery! Another OVH bug?

hellblazer
23-08-2009, 17:00
i have one of these and the bw is slightly to less for my needs. So i had a look @ buying a bit more but it doesnt actually have what it says on ovh eg best of page. The highest you can buy is 2TB more and for nrly £50 :s it said you could buy 2 tb more for much less than half of that.

And another question, when i went it change your b/w for free it said premium series in there :s

would that mean if i changed to that i could get gbit download and 100mbit upload with unlimted/34tb bw? because i'd much prefer that tbh.