We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Port Forwarding

Myatu
02-02-2010, 18:11
Did you build your own kernel or are you inside a VM like OpenVZ? Because it seems odd that OVH has left this out from the kernel. Anyway, typing "modprobe iptable_filter" will add this manually, and with "lsmod | grep ip" you should see it listed. If not, then your kernel does not support this and you need to use a different one (or compile with CONFIG_NETFILTER=y).

dl0c
02-02-2010, 17:56
I have the same problem and when I try that, This message shows:

iptables v1.3.8: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded

Myatu
24-08-2009, 13:58
Is it TCP or UDP (I don't know anything about Ventrillo)? Anyway, I'm not sure how your iptables is setup, but something like this should work:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 3784 -j ACCEPT

Simply replace tcp with udp if that's the protocol used. But keep in mind that generally a lot of voice or chat apps also need additional ports. So be sure to check what other ports it needs (ie., is there a dynamic range of 10200-10300 ports used?)

(come to think of it, you may need to add is as -A FORWARD... Give it a try.. )

Jamesyps
23-08-2009, 23:30
Hello there,
I've had my RPS I for a few weeks and haven't had a single problem. I'm currently struggling to open up a port for a small ventrilo server. It's just so me and the fellow admin team on my community can converse more easily than via PMs and instant messaging.

I cannot for the life of me seem to figure out how to open up port 3784, I have quite literally sat here since half 6 plugging in whatever I could find on google into iptables which predictably hasn't worked

Thanks for any replies.