OVH Community, your new community space.

arghhhhhhh set up fees are back!

wil
03-09-2009, 06:41
ahhh, had no idea you were Poland (with the forum being .co.uk)

In the UK, if you are not VAT registered, you just pay the fees you see and sell for what you like.

If you are VAT registered, you pay what you see, but then you account for it and claim the VAT back every 3 months, and when you sell, you charge VAT and have to give that back.

No idea on the rules in Poland!

DedicatedPros
01-09-2009, 16:35
Quote Originally Posted by wil
Not that simple (if talking about UK) :S

You only don't have to pay VAT if you yourself have a VAT number, but when you sell the goods, you still have to pay HMRC the VAT of the sale so you are not really any financially better off... unless I have mis-understood.

If you are VAT registered, you should be able to claim the VAT back before selling on to your customers anyway.

I have only purchased a few times from EU and all the times I got burned by unexpected VAT and duty bills :S
I'm not really aware of how British law enforces taxing, but in Poland all I have to pay is VAT, and then income tax (which really has nothing to do with the client ).

wil
01-09-2009, 15:44
Not that simple (if talking about UK) :S

You only don't have to pay VAT if you yourself have a VAT number, but when you sell the goods, you still have to pay HMRC the VAT of the sale so you are not really any financially better off... unless I have mis-understood.

If you are VAT registered, you should be able to claim the VAT back before selling on to your customers anyway.

I have only purchased a few times from EU and all the times I got burned by unexpected VAT and duty bills :S

DedicatedPros
27-08-2009, 18:35
Quote Originally Posted by tim2718281
How does that actually help you? You don't end up any better off financially.

And the way OVH works at the moment, the revenue is recorded per country, which must have some influence on funding support per country.
I would be... I would not pay VAT for the servers I get from OVH and I would sell them to other customers, and if they were in the EU I would charge them extra for VAT. Simple no?

tim2718281
27-08-2009, 12:15
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
Oh and if you wanted to help resellers but not give out discounts, you could let us order from other subsidiaries so that we can order VAT free (15% or 22% less), but no, that's not doable either.
How does that actually help you? You don't end up any better off financially.

And the way OVH works at the moment, the revenue is recorded per country, which must have some influence on funding support per country.

DedicatedPros
26-08-2009, 19:50
Look, I know you guys are trying to work stay in business without too much loss, but you do not care about old customers, you don't give them any kind of discount for being loyal, and after being one of the biggest data centers around the world, YOU DON'T HAVE A RESELLER PROGRAMME!

Other companies that I will sign with get me great deals, no setup fees, a personal manager (so I can call and talk about any reseller needs..), discounted pricing, and just tons of other very good service. They even wanted to meet in person (they are from NL), so the effort on their part to get in touch with me was beyond anything I expected. Here I call OVH and ask about a partnership and they tell me that "I need to tell them what I need them to do", what kind of help is that?

Oh and if you wanted to help resellers but not give out discounts, you could let us order from other subsidiaries so that we can order VAT free (15% or 22% less), but no, that's not doable either.

derchris
26-08-2009, 19:35
We appreciate this
But on the other hand, there was no "official" response since then about this.
What we, or I think at least most of us are waiting for is a proper explanation about the recent changes in terms of setups fees, and traffic plans, and why they are not alligned across the board.

fozl
26-08-2009, 18:59
Quote Originally Posted by Halide
nice try but im not buying fozle, did you get some brownie points for a clever dismissal?

hardy frikkin har, many of us customers are very pissed and seeing you trying to be "cute" just ruined my keyboard (doesnt mesh well with my liquidified lunch)

Hey want to do something nice for us? Listen to our feedback and even try to pretend you take it into consideration, or that you've honestly approached your bosses and asked them to consider

Cuz as it is you have very active members spewing constructive criticism and all you give us back is bollocks and excuses...

Champagne?
Actually it's literaly true, chuckles or not it's investment in what we offer that is where most of it goes if you're asking about profits. We're not a plc so it's not like there's a load of fat cats somewhere drinking champagne at your expense.

It's been said a number of times already, we do take note of your feedback, that's what this forum is for.

freshwire
26-08-2009, 18:55
If you buy a server you should really be buying it for a period longer than a month. If you are have a server over a year the setup fee then looks small. That is what OVH are trying to do.. longer server life..reduced turnover.

If you don't like it don't get a server. Simple enough.

Halide
26-08-2009, 18:39
nice try but im not buying fozle, did you get some brownie points for a clever dismissal?

hardy frikkin har, many of us customers are very pissed and seeing you trying to be "cute" just ruined my keyboard (doesnt mesh well with my liquidified lunch)

Hey want to do something nice for us? Listen to our feedback and even try to pretend you take it into consideration, or that you've honestly approached your bosses and asked them to consider

Cuz as it is you have very active members spewing constructive criticism and all you give us back is bollocks and excuses...

Champagne?

fozl
26-08-2009, 11:06
I wonder who actually gets most of that money
The hungry ravenous ever growing datacentres consume all we have.

DedicatedPros
25-08-2009, 19:41
Ah, the best in france, all the setup fees and just one bottle of some fine champagne

EDIT: Yes its champagne

derchris
25-08-2009, 19:41
There was a typo.
It is called Champagne?

RikT
25-08-2009, 19:25
no-one its all spent on the Champagne oles keeps mentioning

DedicatedPros
24-08-2009, 22:12

freshwire
24-08-2009, 22:03
The only advantage of setup fees is you have to answer "what would you do with 1 million pounds" questions then you don't have to come up with as many ideas as before

Myatu
24-08-2009, 14:51
I take it you haven't seen all those people on crutches and in wheelchairs, showing off their old-war wounds on the way in

This was introduced about, what 2 weeks ago now? The biggest changes have been with the Kimsufi range. For the Pro series, it's a few spec changes, bandwidth changes and yes, the notorious re-re-introduction of setup fees. Just browse through the News or General section to dig up some of the old dirt on this topic...

mimi2008
24-08-2009, 14:48
nah they wont seeming they are different specs, also the new ones have bandwith limits for upload

zimsters
24-08-2009, 14:46
wtf i just noticed that! can't believe i missed it. so i'm guessing they wont' even lower my monthly price plan then?? i'm paying 59.99 for what is now 49.99... same spec.

mimi2008
24-08-2009, 14:26
tell me about it, i know the monthly costs are lower than before but to really add the setup fees is that necessary

zimsters
24-08-2009, 13:19
ovh can't make up their minds?! no set up fee, set up fee, no set up fee, set up fee!

when did it come back was just about to order another server but this is a deal breaker...