OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH Reseller account

3r1c
01-09-2009, 14:41
While were on the subject of IP's.
Why does OVH do it this way?

Most datacenters apply for large blocks of IP's from RIPE, and assign ips to their customers servers out of it, this way is quick and painless.

OVH wants the customer to deal with RIPE directly. why?

DedicatedPros
01-09-2009, 10:41
Quote Originally Posted by Marks
We take notes on the your comments about the resell accounts. It's always very interesting and it's taking on board, even though the product is in development. I know that in France they're already trying a new type of account for resellers.

When it comes to set extra IPs for a server, you could use RIPE IPs, where you choose a block of IPs and set it to a server. Wouldn't that do the trick for you?
It would now as its the only option to get more than 3 additional IP addresses, but before it made sense to pay monthly for additional IP failover addresses, because it would end up being cheaper than a RIPE block

marks
01-09-2009, 10:22
We take notes on the your comments about the resell accounts. It's always very interesting and it's taking on board, even though the product is in development. I know that in France they're already trying a new type of account for resellers.

When it comes to set extra IPs for a server, you could use RIPE IPs, where you choose a block of IPs and set it to a server. Wouldn't that do the trick for you?

DedicatedPros
01-09-2009, 06:22
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
yup it is a pain,shame there is not a way u it could be made easier rather tthan going through the procsess of 1 by 1,tiz a bit like noahs ark!
If they had a quantity option in the cart, that would rock, and a better way of adding IP addresses (so I can fill all my slots with a few clicks, not one by one)

slayer2005
01-09-2009, 06:17
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
Same here, I've ordered 20 servers simultaneously for a large client, it was a right down pain in the ass (especially to setup 14 additional IPs per server) but I managed to do it
yup it is a pain,shame there is not a way u it could be made easier rather tthan going through the procsess of 1 by 1,tiz a bit like noahs ark!

DedicatedPros
01-09-2009, 06:14
Quote Originally Posted by gigabit
I dont think any of that is real. Afterall you can't order 2 servers simultaneously, each one has to be done seperately. I've done a few like this before in 1 go without problems.
Same here, I've ordered 20 servers simultaneously for a large client, it was a right down pain in the ass (especially to setup 14 additional IPs per server) but I managed to do it

gigabit
01-09-2009, 01:52
I dont think any of that is real. Afterall you can't order 2 servers simultaneously, each one has to be done seperately. I've done a few like this before in 1 go without problems.

pk12
01-09-2009, 00:28
Quote Originally Posted by pk12
I heard somewhere that once a NIC-handle is created then only 2 servers are allowed to be ordered simultaneously, is this true? or was it only 2 NIC-handled can be created, can someone from staff clear this up for me thanks
*bump*

anyone?

pk12
30-08-2009, 06:40
I heard somewhere that once a NIC-handle is created then only 2 servers are allowed to be ordered simultaneously, is this true? or was it only 2 NIC-handled can be created, can someone from staff clear this up for me thanks

elvis1
29-08-2009, 22:26
Well Ill shoot before I loose the urls :P ( no harm intended.. you may not tell if you prefer):

http://www.worldstream.nl/
http://www.solidhost.com/
http://www.co-locate.nl/
/www.flexservers.nl/

or
ecatel
or leaseweb

but any of the latter are new..

elvis1
29-08-2009, 22:17
Why all the curiosity Actually its two hosts right now, though I am in talks with four more
may I guess and you say If I do?

DedicatedPros
29-08-2009, 08:08
Quote Originally Posted by turbanator
dedicated pros i will talk to u abt this on msn
Ok Looking forward to it

turbanator
29-08-2009, 01:53
dedicated pros i will talk to u abt this on msn

freshwire
28-08-2009, 23:09
Yes good thinking I have my magic powder to make the ink show up

DedicatedPros
28-08-2009, 22:17
I'll write it with invisible ink, which will be inside an invisible pen

freshwire
28-08-2009, 21:52
I also wish to know. Please write it down the name of the company on yellow paper and post it to my house

gigabit
28-08-2009, 18:25
Thanks

DedicatedPros
28-08-2009, 18:24
Email to me? If you don't want to I would understand
Sent :P

gigabit
28-08-2009, 18:20
Email to me? If you don't want to I would understand

DedicatedPros
28-08-2009, 18:02
I'm just curious if there are other hosts like OVH. Cheap servers, good bandwidth etc. Atm I've got everything with OVH - it would be nice to spread it out a bit.
I'd rather not say atm, everyone will jump on to use these new servers and to be honest I don't need unprofessional competition stealing my customers (most of which are underage kids using their parents credit cards -- i mean the competition, not the clients lol).

gigabit
28-08-2009, 18:00
I'm just curious if there are other hosts like OVH. Cheap servers, good bandwidth etc. Atm I've got everything with OVH - it would be nice to spread it out a bit.

DedicatedPros
28-08-2009, 17:56
Which NL host?
Why all the curiosity Actually its two hosts right now, though I am in talks with four more

gigabit
28-08-2009, 17:51
Which NL host?

DedicatedPros
28-08-2009, 17:47
Quote Originally Posted by 3r1c
It doesnt work that way, when you buy a server from a reseller you usually don't get to login to manager, because they have multiple servers and cant just allow you to use one.

The resellers just buy servers from ovh using their own account with their own money like everyone else, then they sell the server to someone else.

Ive seen at least one reseller (i dont remember which) use the OVH API to provide some manager functions like reboots on their own site.
I provide access to the Manager, but I will be switching from OVH soon to NL based servers where I have contracts and complete automation (not to mention true instant setups). Just need to have my billing system recoded to work with their Central Installation System and API

*Mikee*
28-08-2009, 16:06
I know how ovh resellers work -- I just wanted to know how to let the clients login to manager -- Neil told me how over email So all is good !
It doesnt work that way, when you buy a server from a reseller you usually don't get to login to manager, because they have multiple servers and cant just allow you to use one.

The resellers just buy servers from ovh using their own account with their own money like everyone else, then they sell the server to someone else.

Ive seen at least one reseller (i dont remember which) use the OVH API to provide some manager functions like reboots on their own site.

gigabit
28-08-2009, 14:58
Something to do with making new NICs? http://www.ovh.co.uk/customerspace/tools/

3r1c
28-08-2009, 13:32
Quote Originally Posted by *Mikee*
What i was asking i want to be able to let clients login to the manager but not let them access all the servers just their's ..

*Mikee*
28-08-2009, 11:50
What i was asking i want to be able to let clients login to the manager but not let them access all the servers just their's ..

gigabit
28-08-2009, 11:41
You would do it yourself? I guess by "managed" in this sense they mean someone looking after your server...

*Mikee*
28-08-2009, 11:19
Yeah but if you want to resell OVH servers where would you get this ? I'm going to email OVH support and ask them!

NickW
28-08-2009, 11:11
Quote Originally Posted by *Mikee*
Where do you get the semi-managed service ? Is there a script for this or do you need to do this yourself? I think i saw OVH post something about this before.. This would be good for me to intergrate into a website of mine..
The semi-managed service would be provided by the reseller.

*Mikee*
28-08-2009, 01:40
Where do you get the semi-managed service ? Is there a script for this or do you need to do this yourself? I think i saw OVH post something about this before.. This would be good for me to intergrate into a website of mine..

Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
  • Resellers can provide a managed or semi-managed service that OVH do not.
  • OVH doesn't sell to all countries

freshwire
27-08-2009, 23:13
  • Resellers can provide a managed or semi-managed service that OVH do not.
  • OVH doesn't sell to all countries

bartoll
27-08-2009, 22:59
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
You can also create a nic here http://www.ovh.co.uk/customerspace/tools/
So, why are people looking for reseller if they can buy servers directly?
They heve to only register a new nic and that's it ?

S0phie
27-08-2009, 10:31
Quote Originally Posted by pk12
and how can i exactly obtain a NIC-handle without actually purchasing an ovh server? so they can use my referral that is...
You can also create a nic here http://www.ovh.co.uk/customerspace/tools/

Andy
27-08-2009, 10:26
Just go through a server purchase but don't pay for it when you get to the invoice stage. The invoice will just expire. Servers are never deployed until paid for so don't worry about it.

derchris
27-08-2009, 09:18
you can register one without purchasing a server

pk12
27-08-2009, 01:26
Quote Originally Posted by Andy.
Yeah, when someone signs up they're asked for a referal nic. If they use your nic you get 50% of the set up fees.
and how can i exactly obtain a NIC-handle without actually purchasing an ovh server? so they can use my referral that is...

Andy.
27-08-2009, 01:04
Yeah, when someone signs up they're asked for a referal nic. If they use your nic you get 50% of the set up fees.

pk12
26-08-2009, 22:33
what i would like to do is be able to resell the current plans OVH is offering to other consumers, to do this all i need is a NIC-handle correct? or am i wrong? I dont care about making money i would just like to earn loyolty points to use towards getting me a server for myself after i resell some...

DedicatedPros
26-08-2009, 18:57
Quote Originally Posted by elvis1
the meds are making him aggressive nvm :P how are the ribs going on dude?
Better, I will ask the pretty nurse for a full body rub down tomorrow Though I don't think she's too keen on flirting, last time I tried she looked at me like I was about to commit incest

freshwire
26-08-2009, 17:35
You don't need to make 10 posts each with just "Yes" or "No". Even if it is a poll.

Andy.
26-08-2009, 16:36
You mean the polls?

Yeah, polls usually are something like "Do you like cheese, yes/no" then you add up all the responses and give a % of opinion.

So 10 Yes and No's as requested was great and a fast response considering fozle deleted them after about 10 minutes.

I don't think a poll like "Should Oles stop posting here in French? yes/no" is that crazy a message!

freshwire
26-08-2009, 16:31
Andy. You had a topic with about 10 replies just with the words "Yes" and "No".

They are some crazy messages.. even by my standards.

Andy.
26-08-2009, 16:29
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
I've insulted no one. I merely comment that a certain posting style encourages us to dismiss the credability of the poster.
Let me rimind you what you ACTUALLY said.

"...it merely encourages us to dismiss your postings as the ravings of a lunatic"

Can I ask you clarify something?
Was that comment aimed at me?
Am I this lunatic spammer you speak of?

And who IS "us" exactly?
Are you speaking on behalf of OVH when you say "us"?

fozl
26-08-2009, 16:17
Who's throwing the insults around now!
I've insulted no one. I merely comment that a certain posting style encourages us to dismiss the credability of the poster. What else would spam and insults acheive?

Andy.
26-08-2009, 15:45
.... it merely encourages us to dismiss your postings as the ravings of a lunatic.
Who's throwing the insults around now!

freshwire
26-08-2009, 15:39
I am not happy. I won't get another kimsufi because of the two things above at current. I might get a pro server.. that depends.

Regardless complaining around the forums every other day is not going to change the current setup any sooner. You have made your points clear and Oles (and everyone else) knows what you want. Oles did change a lot of things after our initial comments a few weeks back.. but you cannot continue to harass him or any other OVH staff.

turbanator
26-08-2009, 15:31
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
Some changes have been made. You cannot always get exactly what you want. Learn to live with it.. People will just ignore you soon for being a cry baby.
yes a lot of changes have been made that is why we are having users open up new topics about these ridiculous changes..learn to speak up..and if u are really happy with all these changes..don't comment on someone else's views..juse because you are happy paying the set up fees..and happy with a measely 3TB bw..not all are

freshwire
26-08-2009, 15:26
Quote Originally Posted by turbanator
Lot of us are frustrated about a lot of stuff currently..but its falling on deaf ears..
Some changes have been made. You cannot always get exactly what you want. Learn to live with it.. People will just ignore you soon for being a cry baby.

turbanator
26-08-2009, 15:10
Yes we do take note of what people are saying and the amount of people saying it, amongst other things.

I don't really have a list of names though.
add me and 200 more users i am talking on behalf..I don't like the way you come on and tell us I don't liek your tone..what tone do you mean? Lot of us are frustrated about a lot of stuff currently..but its falling on deaf ears..Oles is doing whtever he wants..and anyone with a common sense can realize how damaging all these changes are goona bring..sepcailly the set up fees..

Ok, telling us what you don't like and why you don't like it is one thing. But spam and insults help no one, it merely encourages us to dismiss your postings as the ravings of a lunatic. And people don't want to sift through heaps of worthless posts in the hunt for information and constructive discourse.

We would rather read what you post as feedback we can use, and balance with the various other considerations that govern the companies decisions.

Remember the forum rules.
Wrong and blatantly wrong..as far as i know lot of experienced posters here have already postes tons of constructive ideas, as I said it fell on deaf ears..and now you can't just come and say we are being lunatics..yes we are..because everything we suggest..Oles just choses to ignore..we gave good option for helping fix the USB issue..did you guys take that into consideration no..we are telling you to waive teh set up feees..for a 3 month contract or whtever..are u guys listening nop

fozl
26-08-2009, 13:20
If your making a list of how many people are unhappy with the new setup fees so you can pay your referrals, you can add me to the list too.
Yes we do take note of what people are saying and the amount of people saying it, amongst other things.

I don't really have a list of names though.

3r1c
26-08-2009, 13:17
So I take it you're not so keen on the refferal scheme. *adds name to list*
If your making a list of how many people are unhappy with the new setup fees so you can pay your referrals, you can add me to the list too.

fozl
26-08-2009, 13:14
Ok, telling us what you don't like and why you don't like it is one thing. But spam and insults help no one, it merely encourages us to dismiss your postings as the ravings of a lunatic. And people don't want to sift through heaps of worthless posts in the hunt for information and constructive discourse.

We would rather read what you post as feedback we can use, and balance with the various other considerations that govern the companies decisions.

Remember the forum rules.

Andy.
26-08-2009, 12:43
I'm not too keen on OVH full stop at he moment.

fozl
26-08-2009, 12:27
A referal scheme?
More limke a rip off scheme where OVH introduce a "setup fee" then gives half of it to a referer.

OVH wins.
The referer wins.

What does the customer get?
A higher cost and less bandwidth per server.

Like I said, rip off.
So I take it you're not so keen on the refferal scheme. *adds name to list*

Andy.
26-08-2009, 12:21
A referal scheme?
More limke a rip off scheme where OVH introduce a "setup fee" then gives half of it to a referer.

OVH wins.
The referer wins.

What does the customer get?
A higher cost and less bandwidth per server.

Like I said, rip off.

fozl
26-08-2009, 09:43
At the moment we have what would better be described as a refferal scheme: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2478

elvis1
26-08-2009, 09:03
You can believe what you want, but you joined this forum two and a half weeks ago, so I have had a bit more experience, and any of the other users here will tell you the same thing.

We were promised all kinds of goodies (remember that post about 10Gbit internal transfer?), but 95% of all those promises were not kept. You yourself are asking about something Oles mentioned a few months ago that has not been realized up to this point, so can you really be that naive?
the meds are making him aggressive nvm :P how are the ribs going on dude?

DedicatedPros
26-08-2009, 08:14
You can believe what you want, but you joined this forum two and a half weeks ago, so I have had a bit more experience, and any of the other users here will tell you the same thing.

We were promised all kinds of goodies (remember that post about 10Gbit internal transfer?), but 95% of all those promises were not kept. You yourself are asking about something Oles mentioned a few months ago that has not been realized up to this point, so can you really be that naive?

pk12
26-08-2009, 08:05
Oles is staff you are senior i would tend to believe him over you :-p

DedicatedPros
26-08-2009, 07:56
Like I said before, there is no reseller account. Oles lies, learn to live with that

pk12
26-08-2009, 07:54
is it possible to Resell for ovh at this point?
i was reading over this link earlier
http://forums.ovh.co.uk/showthread.p...seller+account
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
there is a reseller’s fee of £12 +VAT / year or £1 / month.

and was interested in Step 2: The Reseller account...

P.S. i apologize i just realized i posted this in the news section by accident, can a staff member please help me move this to the general section?
Thanks

can someone please delete original thread
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2637
thanks

pk12
26-08-2009, 07:42
is it possible to Resell for ovh at this point?
i was reading over this link earlier
http://forums.ovh.co.uk/showthread.p...seller+account
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
there is a reseller’s fee of £12 +VAT / year or £1 / month.

and was interested in Step 2: The Reseller account...

P.S. i apologize i just realized i posted this in the news section by accident, can a staff member please help me move this to the general section?
Thanks

DedicatedPros
26-08-2009, 07:40
There isn't one.

pk12
26-08-2009, 07:36
I apologize if this has been answered already but where can one get a ovh reseller account i don't exactly see a place to request one?