OVH Community, your new community space.

obtaining multiple nic handles

zimsters
29-09-2009, 20:43
awesome, thanks for the details mark, noted for future! Forgot that the end user can create new nic handles without needing to be signed on!

marks
29-09-2009, 17:30
Regarding the issue: as the nichandle retains your email, you can retrieve the password through the forgot password link in the manager login window.

for the future, I would create nichandles for the real details of the customer (or they can create it themselves). That would be the nichandle assigned as technical contact to manage the server. Whenever the contract is finished, the technical contact is removed and you don't care about the nichandle anymore.

The thing that you must not do is to assign a nichandle with a UK address to a person who is not in the UK. That is to give false information in an account, and it will also give you problems like the one you've just had.

zimsters
29-09-2009, 15:23
thanks marks! just emailed back, look forward to getting this fixed up!

what do you suggest for future NICs, keep just my address info? Or keep control of the email / name?

marks
29-09-2009, 10:35
basically, an account belongs to the person whose details match, regardless of who's created it. At any point, the person whose details are in the account could come to us and, if he can prove his ID and address, he can take control of that account.

I understand that the account details of this nichandle matches with your address, but the email and name have changed, right? We've been discussing your case, and as long as you can prove the address and the your ex-customer can't, I suppose we could change the details of the nichandle upon validation of your address. Once you've given access again, then you can close the account.

In any case, you must not create false accounts: you can create a nichandle for somebody else, even if that person is in another country (he could do that himself too) and be assigned as technical contact. Of course, if he's got a nichandle from Brunei (e.g.), he won't be able to order/renew with that nichandle and you'll always have control over who is the technical contact on your server.

If you were given that answer in the reply to you from the support is because the situation wasn't explained properly. Please, reply to the customer support email (you can add attention to Marks) and I'll take it from there. Add too the nichandles involved.

I'm sure we'll manage to sort this issue out

slayer2005
28-09-2009, 19:29
Quote Originally Posted by zimsters
guys, hoping for some help here.

Here's whats happened so far:

1) I created a new NIC handle for a client
2) I assigned the new nic as the technical contact of the server
3) new nic's name / email has changed but its still a nic created by me.

4) client no longer a client
5) i unassign the new nic from the server but server is renewed for another client
6) i wish to cancel the nic which i created to prevent reseller basically using my authenticated account information (address details) and creating their own servers etc under my address.

Sent an email to custsupport, they asked for ID. i sent it through. told them the situation. the latest contact i got was: "I can't close the account at your behest as the account does not belong to you. You however can remove it from being a contact of the service in question."

So, any ideas? can the client order more servers using the nic i created if i can't cancel it? does the nic just disappear if its no longer associated to anything?

the client cant order anyway because the address has to be a uk address and the bank card has to match that address...im assuming it wasnt a uk client.

zimsters
28-09-2009, 19:03
guys, hoping for some help here.

Here's whats happened so far:

1) I created a new NIC handle for a client
2) I assigned the new nic as the technical contact of the server
3) new nic's name / email has changed but its still a nic created by me.

4) client no longer a client
5) i unassign the new nic from the server but server is renewed for another client
6) i wish to cancel the nic which i created to prevent reseller basically using my authenticated account information (address details) and creating their own servers etc under my address.

Sent an email to custsupport, they asked for ID. i sent it through. told them the situation. the latest contact i got was: "I can't close the account at your behest as the account does not belong to you. You however can remove it from being a contact of the service in question."

So, any ideas? can the client order more servers using the nic i created if i can't cancel it? does the nic just disappear if its no longer associated to anything?

fozl
11-09-2009, 09:27
The owner can send us an email requesting an account be closed, you'll need to authenticate yourself though.

zimsters
10-09-2009, 19:34
quick question: can you DELETE a customer contact? i can easily disable a nic handle from modifying a server, but the nic handle that i created still exists, is there any way to destroy it?

zimsters
26-08-2009, 11:41
thanks a lot worked like a charm

fozl
26-08-2009, 11:33
Yes, you can create new nic handles to act as contacts for your services. Check in your Manager under Administration > Manage Contacts.

zimsters
26-08-2009, 11:27
hey guys,

i'm running a few OVH servers and 2 of them have a 2nd administrator. Is it possible to create new nic handles for them to manage these two servers?

Thanks,