OVH Community, your new community space.

SLA Business

impstimp
27-08-2009, 18:06
Brilliant Think I need to get ordering some more servers now then.

gigabit
27-08-2009, 17:43
I've got 3 of them, all at 100Mbit, fairly sure infrastructure has gone.

Myatu
27-08-2009, 17:38
Quote Originally Posted by impstimp
This is a good idea, but I was under the assumption that even if you have 100 servers it all falls under as an "infrastructure" so I would be capped still at that BW. No?
OVH has gotten rid of the "infrastructure" (except for the older, existing servers you may have). So unless a staff member can tells us otherwise, you have 100 Mbps each (provided the network can handle it at the time)- - it was actually one of my "Can I..." questions that disappeared into nothingness

gigabit
27-08-2009, 17:19
Ive had people from outside europe speed testing these btw, no slow downs anywhere. That could change in the future, but for now there no need to worry.

impstimp
27-08-2009, 16:31
Cool, thanks man.

I'll probably get this setup end of September beginning of October. I'll let you know how I get on

Andy
27-08-2009, 15:47
Slowness will only be experienced outside Europe. That uses transit. Europe generally uses peering, so that should be fine as it is generally guaranteed since it is free. Transit costs, so its best effort at peak times.

impstimp
27-08-2009, 15:46
ok, so this "could" work theoretically, but I could suffer some severe slowness also...

Andy
27-08-2009, 15:34
From what I understand, they have now got rid of the infrastructure on all servers. The SP Mini unmetered servers are "best effort" bandwidth, rather than guaranteed.

impstimp
27-08-2009, 15:31
This is a good idea, but I was under the assumption that even if you have 100 servers it all falls under as an "infrastructure" so I would be capped still at that BW. No?

If not, then I think this is what I'll do. I can then get some more powerful servers for processing of files and shift the files around internally so I don't suffer BW charges for them. The SP minis can just deliver the content...

Anyone from OVH like to comment if this is allowed?

Myatu
27-08-2009, 14:10
I was just wondering about that... Can't you balance it over several servers? Besides, if one stream server goes down, worst that'll happen is people experience some slowdowns vs. no streams at all... It's pretty easy to set it up...

gigabit
27-08-2009, 14:07
Or 6 unmetered SP minis at £34 each.

impstimp
27-08-2009, 11:30
Was with a company called Ecatel in NL, this was a year ago now, but the price worked out a lot cheaper, it wasn't CHEAP obviously for this sort of BW, but it was still better priced. From my calculations I'd be paying around £4k a month in BW if I had the same setup with OVH.

DedicatedPros
27-08-2009, 07:52
I was thinkign from the point of view for video streaming, an old site I was running was doing 600mbps average, so with the current method it would work out more expensive than what I was paying previously elsewhere...
Where'd you get that kind of speed, and for what price?

impstimp
26-08-2009, 21:27
I was thinkign from the point of view for video streaming, an old site I was running was doing 600mbps average, so with the current method it would work out more expensive than what I was paying previously elsewhere...

Andy
26-08-2009, 18:03
ah yes, good point. Thanks
This method can also save you money, since if the server doesn't use the full 100Mbps you only pay for what you use

impstimp
26-08-2009, 18:02
ah yes, good point. Thanks

Andy
26-08-2009, 15:26
I believe the option is no longer available. For the same price you can just order more bandwidth since you get guaranteed bandwidth when you are within the bandwidth you paid for.

impstimp
26-08-2009, 15:16
Is this a feature that can be bought over to the UK? I remember before the bandwidth changes were made we had different options, are they gone for good or are we able to still access similar features for a premium?

Thanks