OVH Community, your new community space.

Domain transfer dilema

07-09-2009, 14:49
It's ok Neil, all has been resolved now from Nominets site. Marc took over helping me while you were away.

07-09-2009, 11:25
Still no news? What was the subject of the email you sent to billing?

01-09-2009, 14:58
Sent the stuff earlier, still waiting for any sort of reply

01-09-2009, 12:28
Once the email address has been changed, then we will resend the transfer confirmation email.

30-08-2009, 00:18
I wish OVH had that 24/7 support right now... damn weekend.

Edited my previous post btw... but Neil could you just resend the activation email to the same email I have registered with OVH? You can probably check your system to see that noone else at OVH has registered the domain... Domains been blocked for a week now, my fault i know, but people will be getting anoyed!

28-08-2009, 22:29
Obviously i want to sort this out ASAP - I dont have a scanner so if i took photos and emailed them to you is that OK? And then will it be processed quickly so I can get the domain "activated" and into the OVH manager sometime on Monday? So i can then update my details and get Nominet to unblock the domain on that same working day...

28-08-2009, 16:57
Hi Neil,

Is that photographic proof needed?

And then when I send that off the email will be updated and the conformation email will be resent?


28-08-2009, 11:27

I have sent you an email about what we can do.

27-08-2009, 17:23
Oooo, well I got a reply from "Folarin" who said I have to wait for the 5 days to be up, then it will revert back to the previous registar - but if you can do something immediately that would be bloody brilliant! My NIC is ----- - im sure youll be able to find the relevant contact info for me?

I wouldnt normally care but I need to urgently update whois because the domain has been suspended for now = noone can get to my site!

27-08-2009, 17:14
gigabit - contact us and we will be able to resolve by relaunch the transfer, you will have to provide a few things for security but we will be able to fix it :-)

27-08-2009, 10:19
Normally if there is no response from a contact made to request a domain transfer it should revert to your old registrar after a period of time.

I have had this happen before, depending on the extention if it is a .UK name you could try nominet.

But like monkey56657 said try going back to your old registrar to see what they can do.

26-08-2009, 23:25
Oh that is unlucky. I am not sure but I feel your old registrar is the person to talk to still.

26-08-2009, 21:56
My domain is currently stuck between two registrars and it might never come home!...

I started transfer of a domain to OVH and updated the TAG - therefore its no longer showing on the old registrar. Now, i didnt realise OVH would send an email to the contact of that domain to request confirmation - and unfortunately there is no contact/old email.

Therefore my domain hasnt quite reached OVH yet, but its also no longer on my old registrar. Problem?

I would update the whois, but I cant, from either end...

I have emailed OVH, but I doubt they will be able to do anything.

Any suggestions