OVH Community, your new community space.

New Hosting Packages - Feedback

deuxcode
06-01-2010, 17:05
Thanks Neil,

I have sent a mail to support.

Neil
06-01-2010, 16:37
Quote Originally Posted by deuxcode
Hi again,

I have now tried to upgrade from my 90plan to the Pro plan.

When I try to upgrade in the manager I get the message "You have still some running todo on this domain : bc xxxxxxx" which I am not sure what it means, but I would assume that there is a pending task or something. I have tried this several times and I alawys get the same message.

What do I have to do in order to remove this message and be allowed to upgrade?

Thanks,
Hi

Please can you send an email or phone, as you right there is a pending order or operation that needs to be stopped before your package is changed.

deuxcode
06-01-2010, 15:34
Hi again,

I have now tried to upgrade from my 90plan to the Pro plan.

When I try to upgrade in the manager I get the message "You have still some running todo on this domain : bc xxxxxxx" which I am not sure what it means, but I would assume that there is a pending task or something. I have tried this several times and I alawys get the same message.

What do I have to do in order to remove this message and be allowed to upgrade?

Thanks,

IainK
27-11-2009, 08:12
@tdsii: I have not tried the OVH private SQL server option with shared hosting but I have used such a setup myself many times. I have found that putting web server + sql server on seperate servers definitely speeds things up. However since OVH hosting is on a clustered setup the private SQL may not be any faster. It certainly should not be slower though!

tdsii
09-11-2009, 13:29
will it faster for the website?
anyone tried it?

Myatu
09-11-2009, 11:57
tdsii, yes you can use the MySQL Hosting package to host your DBs As for the "external" IP, it's on an internal network.

tdsii
09-11-2009, 00:52
thanks monkey, but what about the questions i raised. i would like to have some answers. also would like to know about the offers from your end as well.

freshwire
09-11-2009, 00:46
You would be better off going with the low end kimsufi server.

If the price is too high then send me a message @ http://contact.thepike.co.uk and maybe I can hook you up with something.

tdsii
09-11-2009, 00:00
hello,

i have a question my self,

i am considering to host 3 sites on a shared account, my sites are very light but have a HUGE database around 2 GB.

can i have a private sql server purchased and use it with my shared account?
this private sql server,.. can i create unlimited databases with it?
if i used this sql server, wont the speed of the site decrease as i am using an external ip?

i will humbly appreciate your support.

Regards

deuxcode
19-09-2009, 00:44
Thank you for the response. That does explain things.

I didn't mention it, but it's great to see that things improve.

Thanks!

Neil
18-09-2009, 10:44
Hi

You won't have to upgrade/downgrade until you renew your hosting, so you have the 90Plan until your current contract expires.

When you renew your hosting you select what package you want, pay and then it will be moved to the new package. For the databases you will be asked to remove one before renewing/migrating if the package is different, in your case if two of them are small databases then you could you have them in the same database as long as the table prefix is different they will not conflict with each other.

However, you will not need to do anything :-).

deuxcode
18-09-2009, 05:35
Hi,

I have a question. I currently have the 90plan and just by luck I noticed that you have changed plans and current accounts would be upgraded. I didn't get any notification or information about this, although that would have been good.

My question is exactly how this upgrade works, 90plan to Pro plan? I read somewhere that I had to do this myself in the Manager, is that correct? I have seen it's an option for upgrade but that seems to cost money, so I didn't try.

An additional question is how it works with the databases. My current 90plan has 5 databases which I all use. The Pro plan has a total of 4, so what happens when I up(down)grade? Do I need to export and reimport + merge databases myself?

Thanks,

Neil
08-09-2009, 17:43
Hi

If you currently use our shared hosting packages, we would like to hear from you. We have completely started again with these offers, they have more Storage and Bandwidth, and even the SQL Private is included on the Premium Pack.

So if you have any questions or issues relating to these new packages then please feel free to comment.

Neil