OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH - NL routing really bad during day time

gigabit
13-09-2009, 17:53
Why not see if you can try the file from another datacentre/country? You probably dont have other server but ask around, someone might, and ask them to try the speed test and see what they get. Then you can tell if its OVHs line or the source.

turbanator
13-09-2009, 16:29
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Yes, but you don't know if there is a dedicated 10Gbps all the way from OVH to the NL location.
i know i understand but i used to get 300-350Mbps avg before a month ago or so and now..it doesnt even 10Mbps...nthing much has changed..and i tired to one more pro ovh server and its the same thing..so i am wodering if its the line between that NL and ovh that is clogged..

Andy
13-09-2009, 16:14
Yes, but you don't know if there is a dedicated 10Gbps all the way from OVH to the NL location.

turbanator
13-09-2009, 16:09
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Remember, you're not the only person using the pipes... Just because they have 10Gbps doesn't mean you're the only one using it.
Transferred 1 file totaling 10.70 MB in 13.43 seconds (905.9 KB/s) thisi s what i get during day time

that mprooves to 30MB/sec during evening there is a big difference yes the 10Gbit is allocated to just few servers..not the entire network..it can push up to 600-700MB/sec

Andy
13-09-2009, 15:13
Remember, you're not the only person using the pipes... Just because they have 10Gbps doesn't mean you're the only one using it.

turbanator
12-09-2009, 20:41
Quote Originally Posted by NickW
Well, OVH seems to have plenty of download bandwidth available so the problem may not be on OVH's end. Perhaps it could be LW not being able to upload at that speed during peak times? You tried multiple download threads and adding the speed?
they are behind a 10Gbit switch and are capable of pushing way more than any a HG series too and when night falls in EU that is around 11-12GMT speeds are very fast

NickW
12-09-2009, 20:37
Well, OVH seems to have plenty of download bandwidth available so the problem may not be on OVH's end. Perhaps it could be LW not being able to upload at that speed during peak times? You tried multiple download threads and adding the speed?

freshwire
12-09-2009, 20:31
Yeah some more beefing on those links would be good. I don't have speed issues (mainly because I have nowhere to send data to that fast) but I did notice a few lags last few days that seem to be during peak load times on the ovh network.

turbanator
12-09-2009, 19:18
cud u explain to me how the routing works from rbs - ams-1-6k- amsix my other NL servers go thru amsix..and that doesnt look clogged but ams-1-6k does? how does all this work?

NickW
12-09-2009, 19:16
I don't know, but the links to ams-1-6k and ldn-1-6k could probably do with beefing up a bit http://weathermap.ovh.net/backbone

turbanator
12-09-2009, 18:22
did two tests from LW servers on a pro and kimsufi and all are going under 100Mbps way below..it fixes itself at night..and goes around 400-500Mbps which is fine..just day time is absolutely slow..i thought it was my kimsufi but i tried it on an older pro range server too same thing..i dont know why..and this started happening a month ago..

anyone know how i can do some ftp tests from a LW server to show the results or whtever?

http://weathermap.ovh.net/amsterdam

and i dont know if those red arros from rbx - ams affect anything? as far as i know mine goes through amsix