We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Just a few questions re IP's

Neil
22-09-2009, 16:02
We use to offer it, but it had to be removed because IP's would be black listed and customers would remove them and add new ones, making the IP's unusable.

Mikeh
22-09-2009, 14:24
Thanks for the info, life would be a lot easier if you could just dispose of IP's for a month and then apply for a new one etc ... some people require this sort of service

bago
17-09-2009, 10:57
Quote Originally Posted by elvis1
so: 1st pay a slot (only once)
2nd : pay extra ips at 1 GBP ? can the ips be chose from a given range?
In order to add a new IP failover you need a free slot.
In order to have slots you pay for them. You can add 1 or more slots to your RPS and they will cost you 1GBP/month. Once you add a slot to your server you can't remove it, so your RPS will cost you more money at each renew.
If you have a free slot you can, in any time, click on "add ip failover" and choose a new IP failover from a range of subnets (for italy there are 8 C-class to choose from, don't know for UK). Once you confirm the IP then the IP will be associated to you and you can't "dispose it" unless you associate it to an RPS that you won't renew.

elvis1
17-09-2009, 03:31
so: 1st pay a slot (only once)
2nd : pay extra ips at 1 GBP ? can the ips be chose from a given range?

Neil
16-09-2009, 11:11
Instead of buying the IP, you buy the slot. Once you have the slot you can then order the IP.

But once you have brought the slot it is not possible to remove it, it then stays with the server.

elvis1
16-09-2009, 07:14
Quote Originally Posted by gigabit
They cost 1/slot like the old servers.
one time thing? what do you mean by slot?

would we get billed twice if we made what OP said about loosing an IP we dont use any more?

gigabit
15-09-2009, 18:32
They cost 1/slot like the old servers.

DedicatedPros
15-09-2009, 18:32
Quote Originally Posted by Mikeh
Is there a limit on the number I can have? and how much are they?
Not sure, but the single IP option was available for the dedicated servers the limit was 30, and after that you had to get a RIPE block. The RPS website doesn't mention anything, I'm not sure if the manager does, but your best bet would be to call support.

Mikeh
15-09-2009, 17:17
Is there a limit on the number I can have? and how much are they?

DedicatedPros
15-09-2009, 16:35
Quote Originally Posted by gigabit
You cant delete IPs easily, the only way is to assign them to a server that is going to expire and get deleted.
So its not so easy in the end

gigabit
15-09-2009, 15:59
You cant delete IPs easily, the only way is to assign them to a server that is going to expire and get deleted.

Mikeh
15-09-2009, 13:20
Hi,

I need to setup an RPS with SQUID proxy and then cycle through some IP address's on the proxy, is there a limit on the number of IP's I can have on an RPS? Im looking for approx 30 of them (one per squid user) ... Also a slightly non related question but is it possible to make squid use an IP at random from a list? so in short

1. Limit to number of IP's allowed on an RPS? how much are they?
2. Can I remove an IP and re-add a different one? (e.g. I have xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for 30 days but now I need to loose it and get a new one)
3. Can SQUID cycle through these IP's?

Cheers
Mike