OVH Community, your new community space.

Order delay

Neil
28-09-2009, 10:52
Quote Originally Posted by fvigotti
i've not yet received the server..
Best to check with OVH.com then to make sure no other issues are holding up your order.

fvigotti
27-09-2009, 16:55
i've not yet received the server..

Adraen
25-09-2009, 14:09
thanks for the ETA, I will post when I will get it

EDIT : Just received it after 246 hours

Neil
25-09-2009, 14:06
Hi

Order 32892 looks like it will be delivered over the weekend.

Order 6231398 - looks okay just waiting on a server , but always best to check with ovh.com

fvigotti
25-09-2009, 13:24
my one..
CC6231398 -> 2009-09-13
;P

thanks,
Francesco

Adraen
25-09-2009, 13:10
Hi Neil,

my order number is 32892 placed the 15th

Neil
25-09-2009, 12:54
Hi

What is your order number? There is a small delivery of Kimsufi's and OVH Servers which will clear some of the backlog over the weekend.

fvigotti
25-09-2009, 12:53
i'm waiting 13 days for my i5 ssd hope to get soon some news.. you guy of ovh are amazing.. and i cannot say anything else thank thank you for your prices! but please give us some ETA

Adraen
25-09-2009, 11:22
I'm waiting for 10 days now, still no news from OVH, no ETA nothing ...

ezdub
23-09-2009, 13:35
Well had to cancel there order as the client could not wait.

So had the points as a refunded instead and had to order an EG-Max in the meantime.

But Neil was as good as his word and sorted the points out straight away, so big thanks to him and his support on this.

ezdub
23-09-2009, 12:35
Just wanted to add this in the hope that oles will read this and the issue of ovh getting the intel chips for the new Kimsufi range. I have now been waiting for 10 days for my order to be deployed and it is not looking hopeful that I am even going to get it until next week.

I even tried to work out a deal where I would take a EG-Max server in the meantime until things settle down as long as I did not have to pay the full setup fee when the Kimsufi range stock is sorted out.

I have very unhappy client who wants to have a server but can not, there is nothing close to the spec in any other section of ovh range for even close to the price.

I don't see why a deal can not be worked out where when things like extra long delays cause problems. I am trying to be flexible with ovh to keep the client and yet it seems ovh will just not bend.

Neil has been very helpful in the office, but from what I can see his hands are tied. I say come on oles play the game and give something back to the customer.

Adraen
22-09-2009, 15:51
Hi,

I am writing my message on my forum because after trying few emails with the customer support nothing as been solved.

I have ordered a kimsufi i7-2t exactly a week ago and some servers were displayed available under 72hours, after 3 days I sent a mail to the support to ask an ETA on my order and receive a first totally irrelevant mail saying that it can take up to 72hours (71h already passed) and this:

"[...] We are experiencing some backlogs with orders due to the popularity of those servers.[...]"
I sent back a message explaining that the delay wasn't really my problem especially when it still written on the main page that servers are available on a 72hours delay; and because my old server contract (monthly paid) was about to finish I would like to have it to be able to do the transfer of datas.

After few more mails (9 when I'm writing this message), on Monday they nicely offered my to push back the expiration date of my old server. Just a quick look at my mails and I received an email from OVH support tellinig me that by server has been reactivated (my server was still working -_-).

So final status:
  • I paid £100 of setup fee for twice the daly written on the page
  • I have to pay today 60euros to renew my old server
  • I lost quite a lot of time with mails and asking for support

I think this won't change anything but I'm with ovh for more than two years and I'm really disappointed by the service.

Andy.
21-09-2009, 00:05
Quote Originally Posted by Marks
we do answer all the emails we receive in the support, and we try to do it within 24 hours during working days.
Yup, we get an email.

"Your ticket has been referred to one of our
technicians to deal with your issue as soon as possible.
I'll keep you informed."

Thats how OVH reply and that's the only reply on one of my tickets since it was opened on 26 Aug 2009.

Claims about responding in 24 hours mean very little when my issue is still unresolved without any further updates nearly 1 month later.

marks
17-09-2009, 16:32
Just received a email 3 minutes after writing this.Maybe some1 was watching
we do answer all the emails we receive in the support, and we try to do it within 24 hours during working days.

slayer2005
17-09-2009, 16:05
drop us a call or an email and we'll update you with the state of the order
So what happened to the email i sent you yesterday early afternoon regarding the order of a server whats 5 days old?
Marks i hate complaining, but when you say what you did above and i get no response then what am i expected to do?

Just received a email 3 minutes after writing this.Maybe some1 was watching

marks
17-09-2009, 10:40
Although this is not hte correct support channel, can I please have an update on order 6229405 ?
drop us a call or an email and we'll update you with the state of the order

3r1c
16-09-2009, 21:59
There is really no excuse other then lazyness if the server availability numbers are not right.

Are you telling me that OVH cannot program a simple script to subtract 1 from the inventory when someone purchases a server.
And only list servers in the inventory when they are online and ready for purchase.

pieszz
16-09-2009, 16:26
Although this is not hte correct support channel, can I please have an update on order 6229405 ?
I have tried your ticket support and get either no answer or a scripted reply.

Also - maybe an idea to make a forum post with which models are experiencing delays ?

marks
16-09-2009, 12:22
As I said in other threads: this availability information is quite accurate in normal circumstances and it's useful then. Now, with the backlog, in some models is not that accurate as the production line is struggling to catch up.

With other models it works fine, and those customers don't post here. We just have problems with some models (e.g.: EG BestOf server deployed in 23 minutes earlier on this morning).

We're trying to work on the delayed orders.

darkfyre
16-09-2009, 10:35
Perhaps, but its the golden rule of business that one customer with a bad experience will tell 10 more people about how bad that company are .. while one customer with a good experience will tell 1 or 2 people.

Ive got a bitter taste in my mouth about the server I ordered in July being delivered in three days and not 1 hour. That was improved by the 3 kimsufi servers being delivered within 1 hour. Then more recently ovh messed up again and didnt deliver my new ovh server in one hour.

I know these threads are getting silly and im trying to make a point of replying in them all just to keep them active (as i see others are) but really this 1 hour thing needs to be looked at by staff.

Look at my previous thread .. i monitored the 1 hour availability and it went from 7 to 6 to 7 again and this repeated for two and a half days! how on earth can that be anything other than some random script. Even when my server was deployed the counter was still at 6.

If its not a live update, its a false reading that implies ovh have more stock than they really do.

back before the setup fees it didnt really matter because ovh were the cheapest and best quality ISP. Now they are average and making us cough a lot of money up front .. I have the right to complain on a public forum in the hope ovh realise that when we pay £50 for setup, we deserve the truth.

freshwire
16-09-2009, 03:24
Quote Originally Posted by darkfyre
all you have to do is google ovh 1 hour setup or search webhostingforums or ovh forums to see most of your customers begin as an unhappy client because the company lied to them.
Well that isn't really true. How many customers make a topic when they get their servers in perfect time? 1 in 10000. A search like that always returns the complaining few who were unlucky enough not to get it on time.

darkfyre
16-09-2009, 00:17
i genuinely believe the 1 hour availability is false advertising to entice new clients or spontaneous purchases.

However I also believe the ovh forum staff hate answering these posts saying "we offer 72 hour setup"

OVH staff, please can you guys discuss this and think about removing it .. all you have to do is google ovh 1 hour setup or search webhostingforums or ovh forums to see most of your customers begin as an unhappy client because the company lied to them.

Andy
15-09-2009, 22:19
They take note, but nothing ever seems to happen regarding those notes...

RikT
15-09-2009, 19:48
Hmmm can we wait that long Infinity is a long time to wait

impstimp
15-09-2009, 19:29
similar topic to what I started earlier, I wonder how long it will take OVH to take note of what the customers are saying...

DedicatedPros
15-09-2009, 19:17
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
yup agreed m8.
It winds me up with the stock issue,as then you look stupid in front of the customer when hes waiting over 72 hours but the stock count is the same as it was the 7 hours ago.
Yes, which is why I never promise a 1 hour setup, even if someone more knowledgeable tells me that there are 30 servers available in one hour on the OVH site, I will still say 24 to 72 hours without a specific guarantee

slayer2005
15-09-2009, 19:09
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
Its a shame tactic They don't want to look bad so they will give you a meaningless reply in the forum telling you to talk to them privately, at which point they will load you with the same story. I've had this done to me a lot, and acting as the middleman (reseller), it also makes me look bad, which I will not accept
yup agreed m8.
It winds me up with the stock issue,as then you look stupid in front of the customer when hes waiting over 72 hours but the stock count is the same as it was the 7 hours ago.

DedicatedPros
15-09-2009, 18:34
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
Marks to be honest id prefer to ask the question in the forum.
I get a quicker reply.
If i ring ovh i always no what you will say word for word so im not going to waste the phone bill.And via email it will be the same answer no doubt
Its a shame tactic They don't want to look bad so they will give you a meaningless reply in the forum telling you to talk to them privately, at which point they will load you with the same story. I've had this done to me a lot, and acting as the middleman (reseller), it also makes me look bad, which I will not accept

slayer2005
15-09-2009, 17:13
the forum is not the place to request information for individual orders. Yes, there are delays on the delivery of certain servers, but to know the state of a particular order, send us an email directly to customersupport@ovh.co.uk or call us at 020 7252 2310.

I don't think the community can benefit from knowing the state of your server apart from knowing that we have some delays, which we've already confirmed in other threads.
Marks to be honest id prefer to ask the question in the forum.
I get a quicker reply.
If i ring ovh i always no what you will say word for word so im not going to waste the phone bill.And via email it will be the same answer no doubt

pieszz
15-09-2009, 16:50
Well Marks, I can benefit from the status of that order - I ordered same server, same day, and was told by support that there were no parts to be ordered or any delay possible, and that I owuld have the server in 72h.
Alas, I do not have the server as yet :S

Perhaps ovh could look at some proactive order management, where you tell people with overdue orders automatically when you have delays, as opposed to having them have to find out themselves ?

marks
15-09-2009, 16:41
the forum is not the place to request information for individual orders. Yes, there are delays on the delivery of certain servers, but to know the state of a particular order, send us an email directly to customersupport@ovh.co.uk or call us at 020 7252 2310.

I don't think the community can benefit from knowing the state of your server apart from knowing that we have some delays, which we've already confirmed in other threads.

slayer2005
15-09-2009, 16:19
rs8853-ovh

storage server orderd on the 12.
seems to be stock issues again?