OVH Community, your new community space.

Deliveries (7th of May)

viperfx
15-05-2008, 17:22
i got my ovh server today!

what are the name servers for ovh so i can add it to my domain?
and do i have to pay for a cpanel licence?

shortcuts
15-05-2008, 17:15
I have 'phoned and all I get is bulls**t!

Andy
15-05-2008, 10:03
Quote Originally Posted by shortcuts
Why am I still waiting a week later when there are 19 available in 1 hour advertised on the website?

It doesn't make sense!!
Contact support via telephone to get it looked at. If there are servers available they shouldn't have any excuse not to get yours running straight away.

shortcuts
15-05-2008, 09:26
Why am I still waiting a week later when there are 19 available in 1 hour advertised on the website?

It doesn't make sense!!

kingofsplooge
13-05-2008, 00:52
Well, tbh scarbora, look at Play.com dude...

I love that place, even worked for them, back when I was in College, I ordered South Park Season 6 (only US available at the time) and it was on UK as TBC, but were accepting preorders. It took them over 2 years to have that TBC to No Info, and they refunded my money back once they changed it. I was fuming... So i ended up sticking with them for everything else, but went elsewhere for my dvds.

Sorry, I digress.

Tbh bud, i wouldn't say its a ploy, but I would agree, they should've stopped the selling, or have a warning saying theres a current backlog issue.

Meh... The server amount has gone up again... Now: 279 (0056, 13.05.08).

scarbora
13-05-2008, 00:15
id be more likely to say if there not careful and dont come through soon with the promise then its more like a ploy to lose customers and get the company trashed all over the internet.

i know they said it was a unexpected influx of new customers and they couldnt get the equipment needed to complete all the orders but surely if you dont have the stuff you dont sell it

IainK
12-05-2008, 23:00
If I didn't already know better (which I do!) I would say this is a great ploy to get more new signups on the forums :P

I spoke with people on the phone today and the backlog should be completely gone by Friday...well as a lot of you have stated we're heard a lot about Friday's so here's hoping!

Conqueror
12-05-2008, 22:35
Quote Originally Posted by scarbora
" Kimsufi XXL and RAID
We should clear 80% of the delay up by tomorrow afternoon max. Everything is in place. We just need to rack the servers. The rest will be done within the next week." quoted from above

this was posted on the 7th may its now the 12th and still im waiting for my server hmm so at latest i will have to wait another 48 hours, so that will be 300 hours for a 72 hours server
Well, I've placed my order 29th April and I am still waiting... It is far away from 72 hours :-(

scarbora
12-05-2008, 17:24
" Kimsufi XXL and RAID
We should clear 80% of the delay up by tomorrow afternoon max. Everything is in place. We just need to rack the servers. The rest will be done within the next week." quoted from above

this was posted on the 7th may its now the 12th and still im waiting for my server hmm so at latest i will have to wait another 48 hours, so that will be 300 hours for a 72 hours server

kingofsplooge
09-05-2008, 09:47
Ahhh, the main thing is, as Octave said, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

My manager page has completely changed, its no longer displaying my old Kimsufi, which is good, and now showing only Orders In Progress - Which I like.

crowarth
08-05-2008, 12:50
Quote Originally Posted by OVH.Customer
You mean April, right?
no i am from the future, anticipating the demands, i ordered ahead of time!

yea i meant that actually :P

OVH.Customer
08-05-2008, 12:46
Quote Originally Posted by crowarth
i ordered mine 29th may. waiting a week now, im hoping its today or tomorrow.
You mean April, right?

crowarth
08-05-2008, 12:45
Quote Originally Posted by Daniel133
I ordered my server 28th april, when can I expect it to be done? Friday?
i ordered mine 29th may. waiting a week now, im hoping its today or tomorrow.

IainK
07-05-2008, 19:52
If you ordered your server today, at least you get it before everyone that orders tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after

Daniel133
07-05-2008, 18:05
I ordered my server 28th april, when can I expect it to be done? Friday?

Takanta
07-05-2008, 17:19
damnit why did i have to go and order my kimsufi today , shouldve waited till next week

oles@ovh.net
07-05-2008, 16:24
Hello,

Here is the current state of the deliveries:

- Kimsufi and RAID
We still deliver a very small amount of Kimsufi's per day, but we continue to deliver. This is due to the shortage in the supply of the motherboards. Normally, we have everything this Friday or Monday at the latest. We think that by the end of next week, 90% of the delay will be cleared and then by the following Monday everything will be up to date. We can see the end of the tunnel.

- Kimsufi XL
We deliver this with a small amount of delay (between a couple of hours to 24 hours). It is progressing quite well.

- Kimsufi XXL and RAID
We should clear 80% of the delay up by tomorrow afternoon max. Everything is in place. We just need to rack the servers. The rest will be done within the next week.

- SP 2008 (all offers)
The delay is almost caught up. Normally from tonight, we can deliver in real time again.

- EG 2008 (all offers)
We received the CPUs today and everything is in the data-centre. We just have to rack and deliver. Normally tonight or tomorrow (before noon) the delay is cleared and we can continue delivering in real-time again.

- MG 2008
We are almost delivering in real time.

- HG 2008
Everything is in the data-centre and we just need to rack and deliver. The delay is cleared either tonight or tomorrow (before noon).

Summary:

All references (except Kimsufi and RAID):
- Delays are delivered tonight and before noon tomorrow
- Then we deliver in real time again

Kimsufi (RAID):
- A small amount of Kimsufi being delivered until Monday / Tuesday
- From Monday, we start to catch up any delay
- 10 days later everything cleared
- Within 14 days we deliver in real time

Regards,

Octave