OVH Community, your new community space.

Disappointing service

Myatu
17-09-2009, 20:12
Gosh, this almost sounds like a Jaguar. One model will run for years and remains good looking inside and out, while the other model will simply rust away under your feet, the woodwork will peel, the seats fall apart and finally it will burn up in an electrical fire on the middle of a dual carriageway -- if it made it that far up the road. I guess there's always something that can go wrong, regardless of how good (or bad) the brand is.

Winit
17-09-2009, 19:47
Many others have had the same problem. I don't think you'll be receiving a refund

slayer2005
17-09-2009, 17:08
Quote Originally Posted by impstimp
It's hit and miss to be honest mate, sometimes they're really good, sometimes they aren't. I think it's dependent on which member of staff you get tbh, I've had a couple that will give you 1 word answers or useless suggestions and then others who will be brilliant and do their job.

Stick with it as OVH are good, just keep pushing them to sort it out.
yup i agree,ovh are normally great but i think its just as of late with the change over to the new deals ect,and the stock i think they missjudged how popular the new range will be.Hopfully after a week or 2 everything will be back to normal.

impstimp
17-09-2009, 13:06
It's hit and miss to be honest mate, sometimes they're really good, sometimes they aren't. I think it's dependent on which member of staff you get tbh, I've had a couple that will give you 1 word answers or useless suggestions and then others who will be brilliant and do their job.

Stick with it as OVH are good, just keep pushing them to sort it out.

zimsters
17-09-2009, 13:03
yep.
if you want great servers for a decent price, ovh are ideal.

if you need customer support or actual resolution of issues, best to look elsewhere.

otv
17-09-2009, 12:42
After much research we decided to go to ovh for our dedicated server needs. The service has been fantastic, until you have a problem it seems.
We ordered our 5th server on the 1st of septemeber. The server connection was meant to be 1Gbps, however it was only 10Mbps (shown in network connections > local connection speed!). After many exchanges in contact it was determinged to be a faultly point on there end. They fixed it and we got a conenction of 1Gbps for about 5 hrs. Now its the 17th day with little contact saying its a software configuration in windows, yet all our other windows servers are the same configuration.
Why is ovh so slow in fixing problems?
Are they always like this?