OVH Community, your new community space.

Domain Transfer Glue.

marks
21-09-2009, 13:42
yeah, it's not possible to set glue records before the ownership is changed. We take your suggestion into account, we'll see if it's possible to have the feature in the future.

freshwire
20-09-2009, 23:03
Yeah they provide 3 options.

1. the ovh provided nameservers.
2. ns on your server via ns12345.kimsufi.com or whatever your ovh assigned hostname is.
3. custom ns (no glueing support).

Myatu
20-09-2009, 17:19
I've never transferred a domain to OVH actually. So when transferring the domain does OVH automatically change the DNS servers currently on the WHOIS records? If it does, then I can understand your situation... Hence I asked

freshwire
19-09-2009, 21:51
The option for glue records is in the manager. It is not available while transferring. Only once I have it transferred can I once again glue.

Several websites depend on the nameservers for my domain. If they are not glued in properly it COULD cause some issues. I am hoping that everything will work and that the IP's of my nameservers will be looked up for the dns requests during that period but still it would fill me with a lot more confidence if the glue option was available during transfer.

Andy
19-09-2009, 16:24
There is an option for Glue records... I remember seeing it. Or does it not work?

Myatu
19-09-2009, 13:48
Huh? How so?

freshwire
19-09-2009, 13:05
When transferring a domain to OVH we should have the option to use glue ns from the get go as we can set with the manager. I now risk downtime during the transfer process because I cannot setup the glued records.