OVH Community, your new community space.

Server Issue

Andy
08-05-2008, 22:24
It means a technician is trying to see what the problem is. Your server should come back up eventually.

Open a command prompt and type the following:

ping your_server_ip -t
Keep it open and once it starts responding to pings try RDC again. CTRL+C will stop the ping.

blinx01
08-05-2008, 21:59
So run winsows update on the server?
Only problem is I can't actually access the server now.
If I try to connect it says "this computer can't connect to the remote computer etc".
Now it's done this a fair but, like I stated, and the solution was to reboot the server, but now when I try that it says "Your server is under disturb, you are not allowed to perform a hard reboot by yourself".
So that's also the issue.

EDIT: Also, I can't see any info on MRTG graph's, which I could before. The message I get is "MRTG data are not available (server said: Invalid switch IP)".

Andy
08-05-2008, 21:55
Most probable cause is you will have to update the NIC drivers. I'm assuming you're on windows so run windows update and install everything. It should be fine after that. Don't do any drastic uploading or downloading until you have done windows updates. Its the first thing you should run on a new server anyway.

blinx01
08-05-2008, 21:47
Just started renting one of the KIMSUFI 2008 XL servers from you guys yesterday.
Now my problem is that the connection to the server has been really hit and miss.
While accessing through RDP I randomly get disconnected and can't connect, meaning I have to reboot the server.
Now this has happened quite alot but this time when I've gone to reboot it says "Your server is under disturb, you are not allowed to perform a hard reboot by yourself".
So basically I'm just wondering what's up?