OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH need a complete billing system overhaul

IainK
09-05-2008, 16:23
Fozle,
it is all good I have requested a refund to this credit card as it would be far easier for me to deal with the company directly than my partner at the moment.

I'll be ordering a Kimi XL for myself either tomorrow afternoon or monday morning and all is well with the card I've been using

Thanks for confirming the IP issue I was sure something wasn't right when I couldn't see it.

Lastly I'd like to add I think the wording of the automated emails could do with some improvement, I would be happy to make some suggestions.

fozl
09-05-2008, 15:47
After a little more investigation it turns out it was actually an issue with the IP, although address mismatches often cause this as well.

Give us a call for more information.

IainK
09-05-2008, 14:02
I must apologise, I was not aware of your payment process and why the order was flagged for further investigation, however after a quick call all is well. I have to say the telephone service is top notch.
And if anything I commend your taking such vigilant action against fraud.

For anyone that is wondering the reason further identification was necessary is due to a small difference in address between the bank and my partners order, having used a card registered at the correct address with my account I was never asked for this information.

But could you confirm that the server not appearing in orders in progress is not a bug?

fozl
09-05-2008, 12:35
We've contacted your partner about this issue directly.

IainK
09-05-2008, 12:19
Right guys,
I had my business partner sign up for an OVH account and order a server. He was told during order process that payment had failed. After being billed (confirmed with LloydsTSB) he received an e-mail asking for further confirmation of the order. Haven't got any further than this yet but I would consider it an outrage that someone can be charged before even confirming the order.

Also the server does not appear in orders in progress, the NicHandle is mf18737-ovh. I think there is a serious problem with the billing system to allow this to happen, and it must be fairly recent as a month ago my order went through fine.

Can any OVH staff confirm there is deffinitely not a problem? If not I seriously recommend looking into this right now.