OVH Community, your new community space.

sdns1.ovh.net pointing to old server

ezdub
05-10-2009, 10:14
Email sent neil, if you could have a look for me thanks.

Neil
05-10-2009, 09:55
Hi

What is the domain name so I can have a look?

ezdub
05-10-2009, 08:54
I am not getting any error it is just sdns1.ovh.net is showing the IP address of the old server.

And nsxxxx.ovh.net is ahowing the IP of the new server.

It is very strange never had this happen before.

I can not resubmit the info because it is the same so it wont allow me to.

Myatu
05-10-2009, 06:13
If you issue a command like "nslookup mydomain.com sdns1.ovh.net" (on either Windows or Linux), does it show up with the correct IP? If so, then it is a caching issue (ie., with your ISP, a proxy server, etc.)

On the other hand, if it does not show the correct IP, try using the "dig" tool (on Linux that is) to obtain some more information from sdns1.ovh.net. For example "dig @sdns1.ovh.net mydomain.com". The header (first 5 or so line) should read something like:

Code:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 57709
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 3
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available
Pay attention to the "status". It should say "NOERROR" as in the above example. If it shows something like NXDOMAIN, then there's been an error updating the DNS server. Double check the information you've entered and re-submit.

ezdub
04-10-2009, 23:14
I changed my domain to point to a new server and sdns1.ovh.net is still point to the old server.

It's been 5 days now and the propagation is still showing sdns1.ovh.net point to the old server while nsxxxx.ovh.net is pointing to the new server.

Anyone had this happen before?

I have tried stating the IP address of the new server for sdns1.ovh.net but the option is greyed out.