OVH Community, your new community space.

Things are moving again?

kingofsplooge
13-05-2008, 03:09
Why does
they got our money
remind me of
They took our jobs!
from South Park? :/

I fully understand bud, but if you consider this, 1 person, 1000 emails plus more.

You have to remember, it won't be everyone in this forum sending "wheres my server" emails to OVH, I myself only found out about the forums the day I registered, which I can't remember right now (too many sleepless nights), but you get the point.

I had a team of 3 people, all doing the same job, using the same templates, and was still only hitting about 2k in emails daily, and that was the same people, doing the same work, every week. Only difference was, those 3 took the brunt when I had to run the reports displaying our daily and weekly outcome of emails, excluding the replies to certain things.

I don't know how OVH have their setup for emails and queries on the phone tbh, I rang last week and was told that they had nobody registered as working on my server, therefore it wasn't being processed (possibly the day I commented about my Manager page changing) then on Friday was told they didn't have a system in place to say who's working on what, and that my order was being processed. Careful words, spoken wisely, to not agitate, but still nonetheless said and done.

scarbora
13-05-2008, 02:43
i agree with your point that templates are easier but if they allowed one person a day just to reply to the emails in person then nearly all this whinging would stop it would only take a simple.............

we apologise for the delay and can tell you your server will be ready on __/__/___ please allow one extra day incase of any unexpected problems yours the ovh team

not mush to ask for and would a least let us think they care and not how i feel atm they got our money so we will wait

kingofsplooge
13-05-2008, 01:13
To be honest bud, having worked in an email management position, it is much easier, and damned faster to have templates to copy and paste from.

I know the title sounds odd, but trust me, the best and easiest job I've ever had!

Although I do understand your frustration that its not Mr xxx, and thank you Mr xxx, it also cuts the company cost of asking someone "hey, what did you do with your time today? Emailed?? When you could've been building xx?"

Sorry, i'm bored, and can't sleep, and its 1am...

scarbora
13-05-2008, 00:30
i think the thing that annoying me the most is whenever you contact ovh especially via email they cant even be bothered to address you personally all you get is the "thanks for choosing us ...................... now read this forum" im sure many of you will agree a simple it will be ready on such a date would be a lot better at the end of the day they know how many staff they have and they know how many they can do a day so just work through them daily and give us all expected dates

moddie1
12-05-2008, 18:57
i order mine 6 th may
Customer ID: 87683193

can you let me know when it ready

kingofsplooge
12-05-2008, 16:40
lol, I'm doing my best not saying that viperfx.. Its a typical thing, and I'm surprised OVH don't just close the forum down till they've released all servers.

If you only ordered yesterday bud, I doubt you'll have a long wait, since they're estimating all servers to be delivered by the 19th.

viperfx
12-05-2008, 16:32
o not another thread, on people saying how long there waiting....lol

well i ordered my server kumsufi08 on 11th, so yesterday lol, so it seems i have a long to wait.

kingofsplooge
12-05-2008, 16:31
One thing that I'm not following is this...

As Gkilla said, the availability numbers have been decreasing, which to my mind, means they only have xxx amount of servers for within the 1/72 hour period.

Thus meaning, when the site then predicts 119 Servers available within 72hours (Exact at 1634 - 12.02.08) would mean that there is now 119 servers available, and 119 people (approximately) should be then getting their servers soon.

The less, means theres not enough, the more, theres enough, etc.

Well, we'll see throughout the week.

Daniel133
11-05-2008, 09:02
Quote Originally Posted by gkilla
Alright I have been checking the forums and my email and still hoping that everything gets done soon. I also check periodically the number of servers that are in the 72 hours and the numbers do go down. Does that mean people have been waiting longer than 3 weeks???
This is because of the back log OVH had. It will be cleared my Monday, hopefully, then we should be back to normal

gkilla
11-05-2008, 02:27
Alright I have been checking the forums and my email and still hoping that everything gets done soon. I also check periodically the number of servers that are in the 72 hours and the numbers do go down. Does that mean people have been waiting longer than 3 weeks???

gkilla
11-05-2008, 02:18
Quote Originally Posted by Daniel133
Well, expect this and that. I've gotten 3 ETA's now. First was 2 weeks ago, the last one week ago and now they're telling me "hopefully" friday it just feels like it aint comin.
I am on week 2 and all I am asking for is give me a reasonable answer. If it won't be until next week then just say so! I hate promising clients one thing and then being let down by OVH time and time again. Even the messages from Oles is missleading...

Here is the current state of the deliveries:

- Kimsufi and RAID
We still deliver a very small amount of Kimsufi's per day, but we continue to deliver. This is due to the shortage in the supply of the motherboards. Normally, we have everything this Friday or Monday at the latest.

Hopefully Monday I don't get another "please read the forums" email.

Daniel133
10-05-2008, 23:02
Well, expect this and that. I've gotten 3 ETA's now. First was 2 weeks ago, the last one week ago and now they're telling me "hopefully" friday it just feels like it aint comin.

Andy
10-05-2008, 20:32
OVH expect that the servers will be deployed normally again starting Monday.

Daniel133
10-05-2008, 20:10
Quote Originally Posted by gkilla
Alright I am in the same boat as you guys but I have customers who are waiting on the server to be deployed! Can someone from staff please check on this order: Order3934354. I thought this would be sorted out by Friday, it is now Saturday and I am guessing staff is not available on weekends???
Well, my order number is 3923719 and I still haven't got mine yet, so expect a few days up to a week. That's my best guess.

navid08
10-05-2008, 19:37
wow it looks like alot of people have been waiting long for there servers. Guys do you think me ordering right now is worth it or will i have to wait for a long time to?

gkilla
10-05-2008, 19:19
Alright I am in the same boat as you guys but I have customers who are waiting on the server to be deployed! Can someone from staff please check on this order: Order3934354. I thought this would be sorted out by Friday, it is now Saturday and I am guessing staff is not available on weekends???

Takanta
10-05-2008, 17:45
well thev got all the french and polish people and stuff to give them too aswell hehe

kingofsplooge
10-05-2008, 16:34
Still waiting here too. The missus saw 18 ready within the hour this morning, and then it was gone.

Hoping we get ours soon, since I've been waiting since the 1st.

crowarth
10-05-2008, 13:44
Quote Originally Posted by Daniel133
lol, I ordered mine April 28 :P
29th here. while its frustrating at not having recieved it, im still holding tight on deployment. its nice at least that the 1month doesnt start ticking from payment; rather server deployment.

depending on how this service goes, may order more in the future

Daniel133
10-05-2008, 12:59
lol, I ordered mine April 28 :P

Takanta
10-05-2008, 12:49
well i havnt got mine yet but i only ordered mine on wednesday there, so hopefully it will come in a few days time

Daniel133
10-05-2008, 12:41
I heard people are starting to get their servers now, anyone gotten it like today or something?