OVH Community, your new community space.

vkVM GFX Corruption

Winit
18-10-2009, 22:28
gone

Andy
18-10-2009, 17:48
I agree, hourly/daily KVM would be much better. I remember the last DC I used had free KVM and the one before that was $20/hr for KVM.

gigabit
18-10-2009, 17:35
There really needs to be *something* for that kind of problem, even just hiring one of the data centre guys for 30 minutes to type some commands...

Myatu
18-10-2009, 15:01
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
It'd make a lot more sense if OVH rented out KVM devices at hourly rates, since, to be honest, you only need to use them when you've really buggered something up. It's not really worth £149 + £34/month, it's more of a once-in-a-blue-moon use thing.
I had suggested the same when they were introduced. But I think it brings some technical issues with it, hence it hadn't been done.

Razakel
18-10-2009, 14:45
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
vKVM is virtualised, so it's only as good as the virtualisation platform it runs on. It is very buggy I have found. As above, if you want decent quality KVM, get the real KVM over IP. It's costly but it will work properly. If all you want to do is install the OS then I'd try to deal with the vKVM until it's installed then use SSH or remote desktop of some form.
Am I the only one who doesn't see the point of the proper KVMoIP? It'd make a lot more sense if OVH rented out KVM devices at hourly rates, since, to be honest, you only need to use them when you've really buggered something up. It's not really worth £149 + £34/month, it's more of a once-in-a-blue-moon use thing.

Myatu
18-10-2009, 12:00
You can reduce of turn off JPEG compression by clicking the "Options" button in the top row. See if that helps improve things a bit.

Andy
17-10-2009, 22:19
vKVM is virtualised, so it's only as good as the virtualisation platform it runs on. It is very buggy I have found. As above, if you want decent quality KVM, get the real KVM over IP. It's costly but it will work properly. If all you want to do is install the OS then I'd try to deal with the vKVM until it's installed then use SSH or remote desktop of some form.

freshwire
17-10-2009, 18:24
The vKVM has always been a bit troublesome. If you want the full deal go for the full KVM.

Winit
17-10-2009, 09:20
gone