OVH Community, your new community space.

What does OVH consider a 'bad' HDD?

Tz-OVH
22-10-2009, 20:01
Well, this is nice, thank you for responding OVH...not to my problem about disk error, but to my Win2008 query (which was just a PS note in the ticket). :|

Also, why isnt there an option in the Upgrade Windows license area to go from Win2003 Web Edition to Win 2008 Web Edition, the price is the same when you buy new from OVH...but I can't upgrade to it?

Tz-OVH
22-10-2009, 16:53
Still no reply on my ticket

NIC Handle MJ37361-OVH

Tz-OVH
21-10-2009, 23:56
Oh, If they're gonna check it, I might as well let them. I've already done a full backup to the FTP.

Dave
21-10-2009, 01:30
I've just had some hard drive issues with my server, the easiest way is to create a ticket, even if you diagnose it your self OVH are going to have to diagnose it again (they won't replace hardware on your say so)

I created a ticket and got this reply:

"I have check your disk now:
sda & sdb show errors.

I have 2 solutions for you.
1 ) You run databackup and we replace 2 disk at the same time: so we will start an setup of the server and you will loss all datas.
or
2 ) You run databackup and we replace first sda: you try to rebuild your RAID and when is ok we replace the sdb."

To diagnose the fault they will have to take your server down and guess put it in Resuce mode, this won't affect your data but will cause some down time (how much down time depends on the OVH techs)

Tz-OVH
19-10-2009, 12:44
Ah...I was concerned doing that might in some way interfere with my Win2003 setup...will give it a try, thanks!

Andy
19-10-2009, 10:29
Rescue-pro is a bootable linux environment for testing hardware and recovering data. You select it in the netboot section in the manager, then reboot the server to boot into it. You will receive an e-mail with login details shortly after.

Winit
19-10-2009, 01:00
OS is irrelevant. Check the rescue-pro web-interface logs.

Tz-OVH
19-10-2009, 00:13
Quote Originally Posted by Winit
rescue-pro.
It's Windows...there ought to be a software that OVH would trust to provide accurate enough results for them to act upon.

Winit
18-10-2009, 22:29
rescue-pro.

Tz-OVH
18-10-2009, 22:05
I noticed some disk errors on my Best Of server...whats OVH's procedure on verifying this? Do you have some software I can run and report the findings to you so you can swap the HDD?

Also, I think I'll probably lose all the data as its a software raid and I'm noticing errors on both disks...as a Win2003 Web Edition user, can I upgrade to Win2008 using the same server?