OVH Community, your new community space.

Bandwidth not showing correctly on OVH manager

Andy.
03-11-2009, 19:55
Sorry you took my joke the wrong way.

Make sure your browser can accept connections on port 444 to see the graphs.

Dave
03-11-2009, 19:13
Quote Originally Posted by Andy.
Dave, they do give you bandwidth graphs.
Where does it say thay have to be working bandwidth graphs?
I will answer that in three ways:

1./ The definition of a graph is "a visual representation of the relations between certain quantities plotted with reference to a set of axes" however I do not see any "visual representation" only the text "MRTG data are not available" which does not fit the description of "graph"

2./ OVH describe the graphs as working [to quote] "Thanks to precise graphs, you can track the input/output of your server in real-time."

3./ It's the law, The Supply Of Goods And Services Act 1982, which is an Act of Parliament states that goods and services must be fit for the purpose for which they were bought, and be as described when they were sold.

Andy.
03-11-2009, 17:41
Dave, they do give you bandwidth graphs.
Where does it say thay have to be working bandwidth graphs?

Also the bandwidth/traffic details in the manager are only informative and are basically rubbish in the front end (manager view) although I'm assured the backend is working fine.
So if your manager also shows over quota, despite you not being over quota, as mine does, then you won't get capped. (hopefully)

Basically ignore the traffic data for now but you're absolutely right to get on at them to get it fixed, I've been trying for weeks rolling into months now.

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...hlight=support

Dave
03-11-2009, 17:08
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
You can install any software you want on your server. Therefore it is logical to say that you do have the option for traffic graphs. You can install some graph in 60 seconds. Probably less time than it took you to post your message.
Sorry but I'm a stickler for getting what I paid for, this is what I paid for:
http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/mrtg.xml?gm=pop

freshwire
03-11-2009, 17:00
You can install any software you want on your server. Therefore it is logical to say that you do have the option for traffic graphs. You can install some graph in 60 seconds. Probably less time than it took you to post your message.

Dave
03-11-2009, 16:57
OVH said this to me today in a ticket:

"The display in the manager is not yet corrected corrected, but your bandwidth and your quota of traffic are in place."

Yet OVH staff on this forum have said (to quote fozle) "They're pretty busy these days but will try an get this fixed"

Well OVH should read this:

Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

The service must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for their purpose. If they are not the consumer is entitled to a repair, replacement or compensation.

The law treats failure to meet these obligations as breach of contract and consumers would be entitled to seek redress.
What did i pay for?

Oh thats right... I would just like what I paid for and am entitled to by law.

EDIT:

I'm a couple of weeks away from having this problem for a whole month, it only costs £25 for a small claims court/money claim online which will reduce this months dedicated server cost hopefully.

MicroChip123
03-11-2009, 16:24
Bump,

My bandwidth got stuck at 68GB last month now its reset its stuck at 0

Dave
31-10-2009, 23:49
Bump, it's been weeks since I've been able to see my usage in the control panel

freshwire
26-10-2009, 16:36
No SSL problems here. Maybe your firefox lost all it's trusted authorities data ?

ovh.com:444 is just at the moment ? Or do I have to be logged into something?

Dave
26-10-2009, 14:50
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
It works fine for me... are you using an ancient version or something?
Nope just the standard https://www.ovh.co.uk/managerv3

Quote Originally Posted by fozle
Not yet, still working on the issue, it is a bug by the way.
Fozel, is the bug affecting the display of stats or counting as well?

Razakel
26-10-2009, 12:42
Quote Originally Posted by MicroChip123
I have found that firefox does not like the SSL Certificite on https://www.ovh.com:444/ i have to add an exeption for firefox to show the graphs.
It works fine for me... are you using an ancient version or something?

fozl
26-10-2009, 12:17
Quote Originally Posted by Dave
Any update on this?
Not yet, still working on the issue, it is a bug by the way.

Dave
26-10-2009, 10:37
Quote Originally Posted by MicroChip123
I have found that firefox does not like the SSL Certificite on https://www.ovh.com:444/ i have to add an exeption for firefox to show the graphs.
Don't think that's the issue here, the text on the page is the real problem, although the graphs don't work either.

If you look at the screenshot in the first post you'll see the problem we're having, it isn't telling us how much we've used and suggests our max is 9.77TB.

MicroChip123
26-10-2009, 07:13

Dave
26-10-2009, 02:57
Bump, It's annoying not knowing how much bandwidth OVH think I'm using, obviously I can check server side but since the limits go off OVH's counting I'd like to see if they can add up

Dave
23-10-2009, 20:14
Any update on this?

fozl
20-10-2009, 16:05
Chasing this with the devs using your server as an example. They're pretty busy these days but will try an get this fixed asap.

DedicatedPros
20-10-2009, 16:02
I've noticed this as well, on many servers

mimi2008
20-10-2009, 15:49
261731 is one of them

fozl
20-10-2009, 13:12
Could you give me the ticket numbers, I'll chase them up.

mimi2008
20-10-2009, 11:47
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Sounds like they define 1TB as 1000GB etc, but they use 1024 in the manager. It sounds like a simple bug that will be easy to fix once it's known to the developers.

I have issued support tickets and emailed them, and i just never get a reply!

Andy
20-10-2009, 10:54
Sounds like they define 1TB as 1000GB etc, but they use 1024 in the manager. It sounds like a simple bug that will be easy to fix once it's known to the developers.

mimi2008
20-10-2009, 09:34
This is not the first server with this error, i have seen it on at least 3 servers.

On this particular one, I am ment to be getting 10TB a month but its showing 9.77TB

on a different one of mine its showing 4.88TB instead of 5TB etc.

here is a screenshot:

Oh and I have issued support tickets and emails and all i got was they have created a ticket for this and havent had an answer in more than 7 days on 2 servers!