OVH Community, your new community space.

resell servers?

Neil
25-11-2009, 14:23
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Well, most of the Playmates came from Canada... I'll leave you with that thought.
That's because Canadians are hotter than Americans.

freshwire
25-11-2009, 14:05
Well, most of the Playmates came from Canada... I'll leave you with that thought.
Why just think when you can have videos! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2utPXFvNKQ

Myatu
25-11-2009, 11:13

freshwire
25-11-2009, 02:56
Quote Originally Posted by Mac
The day you start offering servers to Americans ..
All the resellers will be gone...
Ah no the real cause was when the resellers sexy support staff named Karen leave the job and move to Canada

BELLonline
22-11-2009, 21:18
Quote Originally Posted by Marks
The idea of a reseller is not to sell to countries OVH does not, but to resell out servers with a added value or doing the marketing OVH does not.
That's exactly right, any decent reseller will add some value to the service, such as management or installation of software. OVH don't offer anything like that, it is very basic support for hardware issues only.

DedicatedPros
22-11-2009, 10:57
I disagree Mac

Winit
22-11-2009, 09:56
Mac - Incorrect

Mac
21-11-2009, 21:13
Yup MARK i admit ...
The day you start offering servers to Americans ..
All the resellers will be gone...
Coz majority of the people buying servers from resellers are Americans..

marks
28-10-2009, 16:30
If you resell and you buy from OVH in your own name each time.. then yes it's not allowed. But if you just paying using your card and the 'customer' is actually the person 'buying' from you then does this apply?
as you know, OVH doesn't have special reseller accounts/contracts for people that resell our servers. That means that the same conditions apply to a regular customer and a resellers.

From our point of view, the only person responsible for the server is the customer at OVH, whatever he does with that server. We actually don't answer or provide any sort of information/help to customers or our customers (to start with because we can't disclose information to third parties - Data Protection Act).

The idea of a reseller is not to sell to countries OVH does not, but to resell out servers with a added value or doing the marketing OVH does not. Think that OVH is expanding and therefore, the day that we start selling to the a particular country, the market for that reseller will be gone.

Myatu
27-10-2009, 22:36
Exactly

tim2718281
27-10-2009, 18:47
Oh? A lease is "a contract conveying from one entity to another the use of (real or personal) property for a designated period of time in return for payment or other consideration". So, how does "Server X for £19.99 per month" not translate into the aforesaid?
That's the difference between a lease and a rental agreement.

A lease is for a fixed period, and grants you the right to use the equipment for the period of the lease.

A reseller cannot grant you any rights they do not have, so cannot lease equipment to you.

freshwire
27-10-2009, 15:29
I guess you could look at it like this... the reseller is just a gateway..the reseller is never the customer. They are like a proxy service.. but of the human kind. If you resell and you buy from OVH in your own name each time.. then yes it's not allowed. But if you just paying using your card and the 'customer' is actually the person 'buying' from you then does this apply?

I think OVH meant it to be no resell at all but there is always some tiny crack in the legals...

AdamD
27-10-2009, 14:53
I would've thought a reseller was leasing, to.
Kinda like renting an apartment block, then renting those apartments out to tenants

Myatu
27-10-2009, 14:32
Quote Originally Posted by tim2718281
A reseller is not selling the server, transferring it, leasing it, assigning it by way of security or otherwise dealing in or encumbering the Dedicated Server.
Oh? A lease is "a contract conveying from one entity to another the use of (real or personal) property for a designated period of time in return for payment or other consideration". So, how does "Server X for £19.99 per month" not translate into the aforesaid?

tim2718281
27-10-2009, 12:56
Quote Originally Posted by Akd
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2916

Not permissable according to the T&C's as per se....
That's not what the Ts&Cs say according to that link: they say

"The Dedicated Server shall remain the property of the Supplier at all times. The Customer shall not be entitled to sell, transfer, lease, charge, assign by way of security or otherwise deal in or encumber the Dedicated Server"

A reseller is not selling the server, transferring it, leasing it, assigning it by way of security or otherwise dealing in or encumbering the Dedicated Server.

All they are doing is allowing someone else to use it.

sic
24-10-2009, 09:31
tbh guys the main reason for me offering this server for resale is because it is on the old unlimited traffic plan. So it just seems a shame to let that go.

Myatu
24-10-2009, 09:07
The reseller's market is countries OVH does not sell to (yet), offering additional payment options (like Paypal) or providing extra services like managed services or quicker delivery of servers due to having their own stock.

AdamD
24-10-2009, 04:39
Never understood the point of people reselling OVH servers, because don't resellers normally offer servers/products at a discount compared to the original companies prices?

Razakel
24-10-2009, 03:26
It's something OVH turns a blind eye to, really. They don't officially support or encourage it.

sic
23-10-2009, 10:31
ok then so er does anyone want a server?

Winit
23-10-2009, 02:05
Go ahead. Everybody does it

Akd
23-10-2009, 01:19
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2916

Not permissable according to the T&C's as per se....

sic
23-10-2009, 00:13
Hey folks, i am not sure if this is allowed or not so perhaps one of you kind folks can let me know if it is or not?

I have a few kimsfui 'L' and 'XL' servers. They are all on the old unlimited traffic plans. However, i am starting to no longer require all of them. So rather than let them vanish i was wondering if it was permissable to offer them here for resale?

Is that allowed?

Apologies if i am going against any rules here!