OVH Community, your new community space.

Login details not working on fresh install

jonlewi5
29-10-2009, 20:17
YIP now the RPS is working, so it must be the 8.04 image?

Should i raise this?

freshwire
29-10-2009, 19:57
For resetting via vKVM I only know how to do it when using grub as the bootloader.. although I am sure it's possible with lilo or others..You need vKVM in hdd mode.

At the grub boot menu simply press e to edit the boot options. For the kernel line just add the word "single" to the end. It will boot up and offer root shell as an option. Just set the password as you normally would.

jonlewi5
29-10-2009, 19:46
FIXED IT

Its seems its its related to image of ubuntu server 8.04 32bit

I tried the 8.10 veriosn and its working fine? very odd

This is the case on the dedicated, ima try on the RPS now and see

jonlewi5
29-10-2009, 17:48
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
If you get the vKVM you can also reset the root password.
hmm i cant find that option, maybe im missing...

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
Can you run the rescue-pro netboot on RPS servers?
I havnt tried, i shall take a look then

Thanks

DedicatedPros
29-10-2009, 17:42
Can you run the rescue-pro netboot on RPS servers?

Myatu
29-10-2009, 17:15
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
Can you? Enlighten me (never tried that!)

freshwire
29-10-2009, 16:55

jonlewi5
29-10-2009, 16:23
Thanks very much, ill give it a try.

Im really wondering if its my side as its happening on both the dedicated and the RPS.

Ill give it a go,

Cheers

-=EDIT=-

No such luck, Still no go, guess ill have to wait and see what the techs have to say

Thanks all the same though

Myatu
29-10-2009, 16:20
Only times I ran in trouble is using cut & paste of the password, not noticing it added an extra space behind it, or when I was 1 number off with the IP address.

Nevertheless, you could try booting in your dedicated server with vKVM. After you reboot your machine, you'll get a vKVM username/password pair. Once accessed, you can start your dedicated machine and try to log in using the root/password combination given after the OS reinstall. If that does not work, then there's most likely a problem on OVH's side. However, if you do get in, it's on your side. Just a suggestion

jonlewi5
29-10-2009, 16:02
I reformated a dedicated earlier, and was sent login details, when i tried to SSH into the server and login with those details, they kept getting rejected.

So i triedd reformating again, just incase it was a dodgy reinstall, but the same thing happened. So i raised a ticket and am having that looked into at the moment.

I decided while that was going through, id have a fiddle with my RPS to pass some time, only i had forgotten the login details for it hahahaha ( really should write those down when i change them )
So i figured id just reformat it as this was nothing important on it anyway, now im getting the same issue, the login details sent to me do not work, iv already raised a ticket about the dedicated server, but im not really sure if i should for the RPS as it may not really be needed if there is a system-wide issue.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues today, or if there are issues at OVH's end? or should i just raise another ticket?

Cheers

Jon