OVH Community, your new community space.

HG 2009 BestOF - 1 HDD and 1 gbs missing ?

marks
04-11-2009, 16:47
regarding the RAID1 configuration, you can change it with lsiutil:

> # wget ftp://ftp.lsil.com/HostAdapterDriver...lsiutil.tar.gz
> # tar xvfz lsiutil.tar.gz
> # cd lsiutil
> # rm lsiutil
> # make
> # cp lsiutil/lsiutil /usr/bin/
>
> that would make available the 2 commands:
>
> # mpt-status
> # lsiutil
>
> with lsiutil, you can configure the RAID card.

The lsiutil is an interactive program, an option 26.

Mind that you'll have to delete the existing volume and create another one in stripping RAID.

Regarding the 1Gbps connection: I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Could you run the command # ifconfig and post back the output, please?

Thanks

derchris
03-11-2009, 22:59
Login and try either

# tw_cli info

or

# lsiutil

One of them should give you information back.

badboss007
03-11-2009, 22:44
Quote Originally Posted by derchris
Do you know if it is a 3ware or LSI?
OVH was using LSI Raids when the changed the offers last time.
where to check that ?

derchris
03-11-2009, 22:30
Do you know if it is a 3ware or LSI?
OVH was using LSI Raids when the changed the offers last time.

Myatu
03-11-2009, 22:27
OVH mentioned it was HW raid in the e-mail conversation posted...

derchris
03-11-2009, 22:25
Don't know about the HG 2009, but HG 2010 is Softraid:

RAID SOFT - 0/1

Myatu
03-11-2009, 22:22
OVH won't do this for you. Check my previous post, which provides the link on how to use hardware RAID 0.

badboss007
03-11-2009, 22:20
Raid 1 is mirror, so you see 1 TB.
With Raid 0 you would see 2 TB.
So, I must do it by myself or OVH team can do it ?

Myatu
03-11-2009, 22:20
You only have 1 HD visible because it's in harware RAID 1. That's all you get to use in RAID 1: 1x 1TB -- not 2x 1TB.

Unless there's some miscommunication going on here (for instance, could you clarify where you see there's only 1 HD "visible"?)

derchris
03-11-2009, 22:18
Quote Originally Posted by badboss007
If that is case than again I should see 2TB Drive and there is only 1TB
Raid 1 is mirror, so you see 1 TB.
With Raid 0 you would see 2 TB.

badboss007
03-11-2009, 22:17
Raid 1 is default with OVH.
If this is a HW Raid, you would only see one HDD.
For the Network, ssh to the server and check with ifconfig

If that is case than again I should see 2TB Drive and there is only 1TB

derchris
03-11-2009, 22:12
Raid 1 is default with OVH.
If this is a HW Raid, you would only see one HDD.
For the Network, ssh to the server and check with ifconfig

badboss007
03-11-2009, 22:06
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
As for the HDs: As stated, by default the servers are setup to work in RAID 1. In software raid, you'd still be able to see two individual HDs, but with hardware raid, you only see one. If you wish to change this, there's a stickied guide here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2247

Regarding the NICs: OVH recently changed their HG lineup to contain a single 10 GBit NIC -- Do you have this single 10 GBit NIC? Otherwise, has the 2nd NIC been setup properly?

Regarding backups: OVH provides 100 GB of FTP space for backups, included with your server price. If you need managed backups, that is backups done by OVH on your behalf, see http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/backups.xml
As I said, before I ever touched anything with setup I always had only 1 HDD visable, 1 TB and should be two HDD, transfer from duplex giga OVH to my OVH was never more than cca 66mbps

badboss007
03-11-2009, 22:01
Bad luck, HG 2009 is no longer available, only HG 2010.

As for your question.
You can boot into rescue and then reconfigure the Raid.
Not sure about the Network connection. Where do you see you only have 1 ?
I dont think so, in my invoice it says this

biXeon 2.33+ 16GB 2x1TB Platinum - 1 month
To: 2009-12-01 01:01:23

in manager "Network Connection : 1Gbps"

also in manager I see only 1 gbs available and so far OVH to OVH top was 66mbps and I guess without raid 0 its not possible to do it faster or ?

Myatu
03-11-2009, 22:00
As for the HDs: As stated, by default the servers are setup to work in RAID 1. In software raid, you'd still be able to see two individual HDs, but with hardware raid, you only see one. If you wish to change this, there's a stickied guide here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2247

Regarding the NICs: OVH recently changed their HG lineup to contain a single 10 GBit NIC -- Do you have this single 10 GBit NIC? Otherwise, has the 2nd NIC been setup properly?

Regarding backups: OVH provides 100 GB of FTP space for backups, included with your server price. If you need managed backups, that is backups done by OVH on your behalf, see http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/backups.xml

derchris
03-11-2009, 21:54
Bad luck, HG 2009 is no longer available, only HG 2010.

As for your question.
You can boot into rescue and then reconfigure the Raid.
Not sure about the Network connection. Where do you see you only have 1 ?

badboss007
03-11-2009, 21:24
Hello there, so I tried get reply through manager but now after almost one day no reply from second reply of mine.

ME:

Hello
> > >
> > > I see in summary only one hard drive and 1gbps connection, but when I was buying mg best of it says raid 2 x 1gb connection with two time 1TB HD.....is there something I missed about it or ?

OVH:
Dear customer,
> >
> > the servers are delivered with RAID 1 hardware (mirroring) by default. The HG that you bought was delivered using a hardware RAID card that controls the mirroring completely automatically, without your intervention.
> >
We strongly recommend to keep this configuration as if a hard drives ever fails, the data will be lost. If you still want that, you can have do some modifications to that, but normally they require reinstallation. Our installation wizard let's you do some of this configuration too.
> >
> > Please, get back to me and we can discuss more configurations depending on your exact needs.
> >
> > Kind regards

ME (2):

Thx for reply, however, again, I bought 2x1gbps connection with two hard drives, each 1TB, and after I started with setup i noticed I have only one hard drive available and 1gbs connection, if I wanted that I would choose three times cheaper server,please wrote me guide here of how I can add and make raid 0 with duplex giga connection and two hard drives. Also in acse I am able to make back up let me know and how much space is available for it.
>
> Best regards

------------

so I am sill not sure where is the catch ?

Can I do it by myself ( a raid 0) or I need intervention from OVH or its something else, please reply soon since its really pricey option for me

Thank You in advance