OVH Community, your new community space.

Problem [Email server]

Late3
08-11-2009, 16:45
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
You should be able to redirect what OVH considers spam to another e-mail account (see the previous link I'd given). This may help with retrieving possible "false positives", which maybe the issue in your case.
thanks

Myatu
08-11-2009, 15:14
You should be able to redirect what OVH considers spam to another e-mail account (see the previous link I'd given). This may help with retrieving possible "false positives", which maybe the issue in your case.

Late3
08-11-2009, 15:04
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Do you have any filters setup, as described here? : http://help.ovh.co.uk/ConfigureFiltersOnServer

If not, some e-mail applications will automatically move mail suspected of spam to a "Junk" or "Spam" folder. Mozilla Thunderbird does this, for instance. Also, some anti-virus packages will do this as well, such as Symantec Internet Security -- you wouldn't even find the e-mail in your regular e-mail application. So double check the history of your anti-virus application, to see if it intercepted anything it might have found suspicious.

Lastly, if you suspect you're missing an e-mail and you're definitely sure that it was not intercepted by a spam filter / anti-virus on your end, then I'd ask the sender to re-send it to another e-mail account and forward it (along with the e-mail headers) to OVH Support so they can inspect their server logs to see if was indeed received but not delivered for some particular reason.
only have antispam on (simple)

Myatu
08-11-2009, 14:56
Do you have any filters setup, as described here? : http://help.ovh.co.uk/ConfigureFiltersOnServer

If not, some e-mail applications will automatically move mail suspected of spam to a "Junk" or "Spam" folder. Mozilla Thunderbird does this, for instance. Also, some anti-virus packages will do this as well, such as Symantec Internet Security -- you wouldn't even find the e-mail in your regular e-mail application. So double check the history of your anti-virus application, to see if it intercepted anything it might have found suspicious.

Lastly, if you suspect you're missing an e-mail and you're definitely sure that it was not intercepted by a spam filter / anti-virus on your end, then I'd ask the sender to re-send it to another e-mail account and forward it (along with the e-mail headers) to OVH Support so they can inspect their server logs to see if was indeed received but not delivered for some particular reason.

Late3
07-11-2009, 23:09
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Do you run your own e-mail server on a dedicated server or do you use OVH hosting?
OVH hosting

Andy
07-11-2009, 09:54
Do you run your own e-mail server on a dedicated server or do you use OVH hosting?

Late3
07-11-2009, 03:38
Hello,

i noticed a couple of times i am not receiving some emails from people
i know that there mail server is working because they had to send it to my personal email address and some of these emails are important so is it the OVH mail server? or is it me? i need to sort this problem out ASAP

Regards,
Danny,
All help appreciated