OVH Community, your new community space.

Premium Bandwith - Priority OVH/Internet: Low after 2.03 TB sent!

mvegetto
20-11-2009, 13:09
I have received a respond from ovh nl support, they are now contacting the france ovh about the quota, they are the ones who set the quotas.

_Lemon_
17-11-2009, 16:18
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Hmm. I've got one on the old unlimited premium bandwidth plans. So does, or does it not apply to the old ones then?
I have no idea what is going on, and OVH haven't said anything about this. I have servers both new and old, Kimsufi and Pro that are and aren't (I didn't look too much at it, just that a lot were).

You'll know whether it's your server has been put into low traffic because it will say it in their panel.

Myatu
17-11-2009, 16:06
Hmm. I've got one on the old unlimited premium bandwidth plans. So does, or does it not apply to the old ones then?

Traffic to North America is at a trickle (863 ms *average* transfer time for a 52-Kbyte web page, opposed to 43 ms average in London ).

Neil
17-11-2009, 15:12
Yes, you need to contact OVH.nl about this issue.

mvegetto
17-11-2009, 15:04
thx for your reactions lemon and DedicatedPros, I also sent a ticket about it for confirmation.

_Lemon_
17-11-2009, 14:24
Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedPros
Myatu, from what I understand, low priority is used only on the current bandwith scheme, not the old one. If I remember correctly there were no strings attached to that 200Mbit, so it was all out unmetered (on transit too).

Please do correct me if I'm wrong
That's how I remember it as. I would not be happy if that was the case considering there has been a change in quality of bandwidth since many of my servers have also been put under "Low" quality as well.

In fact, I have plenty of servers (including those that have done just 40MB -- not yet used) which were put under "Low" priority on Sunday afternoon. So I guess it isn't actually your fault mvegetto.

So far OVH's response is "I've requested the engineers to have a look into it. I'll get back to you ASAP". So I don't think it was on purpose, and they're probably frantically trying to fix a bug. *sigh*

DedicatedPros
16-11-2009, 21:23
Myatu, from what I understand, low priority is used only on the current bandwith scheme, not the old one. If I remember correctly there were no strings attached to that 200Mbit, so it was all out unmetered (on transit too).

Please do correct me if I'm wrong

mvegetto
16-11-2009, 21:17
Alright thanks for your answer, I understand, and yeah I am from the netherlands. Never noticed this before so I wondered why.

Myatu
16-11-2009, 20:49
It will stay "low" as long as you have the "unlimited" option. If you need higher priority, then you need to upgrade to one of the current plans, which meters traffic.

What this means really is that OVH will try to route your traffic from outside of its network at a best possible rate, but will not guarantee it. So traffic inside Europe will perhaps be at the full 200 Mbps (OVH->Internet). But to the Americas it'll not always be at that speed (and most certainly not for the APAC). So if most of your visitors are from Europe, not to worry.

PS.: Jij komt toch uit Nederland, of niet?

mvegetto
16-11-2009, 20:28
yes it does, correct, 1 year ago ordered from ovh.com, the old deal.

DedicatedPros
16-11-2009, 20:26
From what I'm seeing your server uses the old premium infrastructure plan (200Mbit upload per client), correct?

mvegetto
16-11-2009, 20:22
I see, for how long will it stay low then?

Myatu
16-11-2009, 20:13
It's just the transit peering that's on low priority for servers with "unlimited" connections (opposed to those capped by monthly traffic limits). You're still at 200 Mbps on a "best effort" basis, as usual.

mvegetto
16-11-2009, 18:50
Hello everyone,

I noticed a low priority at OVH/Internet, I have never had
this before and after 2 TB, that's harsh. I am paying a lot of money for this server. Can anyone confirm, this can't be true right?

Bandwidth / Traffic
Network Connection : 1Gbps
Bandwidth type : Premium
Bw OVH/OVH : 1Gbps
Bw OVH/Internet : 200 Mbps
Priority OVH/Internet: Low
Bw Internet/OVH : 1Gbps
Traffic : unlimited
Current monthly traffic: 2.03 TB (informative)

Forgot to mention when I go to services...

Management of your bandwidth

Important Your server is currently over quota. Please
solve the problem before switching.

You currently have the following package: Premium Series

This can't be true right? If it is true, for how long will it stay low?