OVH Community, your new community space.

Loyalty Scheme? What's the Point?

BELLonline
22-11-2009, 19:38
I do use a debit card, it's a business account not a personal one Banks don't like it when businesses apply for personal accounts lol - trust me, I tried

Andy
22-11-2009, 19:02
Get a debit card, no bank charges

BELLonline
22-11-2009, 19:01
Points do only accumulate if you have a lot of servers, but it's better than nothing.

I actually buy a few hundred pounds of points every so often - that makes it much quicker to renew servers and make new orders because there's no entering card details each time - plus my bank only charges for one payment that way and not lots of small ones, bank charges build up otherwise.

Andy
22-11-2009, 18:54
It's useful for domain renewals, which is what I use it for. You easily accumulate a lot in a year or two.

IainK
22-11-2009, 18:17
I agree that it's not exactly the best system for rewards, however it's a great system for other things.
e.g. having 2 people paying for a server and crediting your account with points from each person then paying for the server with points.

tallen
22-11-2009, 18:16
I've spent quite a lot of money with OVH on servers, and the Loyalty scheme really needs either improving or getting rid of.

"1% of the amount (excl. VAT) of each product of your order is converted into points (except for operational fees and purchasing of points)."
Therefore £1150 has to be spent just to get 1000 points (At 15% VAT), which equates to £10. Also, you need the full amount of points to buy a server.
So for a £19.99 Kimsufi for one month, you would need to spend £2300 (Just to get one month) So you would need to extend the server for almost 10 years just to get one extra month.

Bit stupid? I'm at 441!
Still, I love OVH. I wish they would improve this!
Tom