OVH Community, your new community space.

Support 2010 beta

Andy
28-11-2009, 14:32
Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
Livechat where a member of staff can handle multiple help requests would probably be the most efficient.

Call back service (I phone OVH and then support rep calls me back when he/she is available) would be the best option.
I agree on both points here. I would easily welcome both options.

dansgalaxy
28-11-2009, 14:21
O i do hope you get live chat service online soon and night/weekend support.

I am currently dying here because my server is offline and theres no one to bloody talk to

freshwire
25-11-2009, 13:07
Another suggestion is that the live chat staff can tell jokes while you are waiting

Ashley
25-11-2009, 12:10
Livechat where a member of staff can handle multiple help requests would probably be the most efficient.

Call back service (I phone OVH and then support rep calls me back when he/she is available) would be the best option.

fozl
25-11-2009, 11:14
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
Now what would be impressive is if they could hover their hand over an ethernet cable and immediately track all packets going through the entire OVH network to find the solution to the problem in seconds
That would be cheating, we must restrict ourselves to the laws of physics and use our powers only through keyboards, screens and cable testers or the quantum mechanics gets all screwed up.

Myatu
25-11-2009, 10:06
Now what would be impressive is if they could hover their hand over an ethernet cable and immediately track all packets going through the entire OVH network to find the solution to the problem in seconds
Lawnmower Man vs. Star Wars... Ooh, sounds like a plot!

IainK
25-11-2009, 08:15
Yeah, you're right, that would be some real Jedi tricks

freshwire
25-11-2009, 08:08
Quote Originally Posted by IainK
spot on, Oles!

IainK
25-11-2009, 07:11
"only after long hours of work, reading and testing can we become a true Jedi who can determine the quality of an IP packet with nothing but a traceroute."
spot on, Oles!

gigabit
24-11-2009, 18:08
Chat based help at night is better when you need to be quiet

Myatu
24-11-2009, 17:41
Speaking of Jedi's, it reads like it was written by Yoda.

At any rate, for me it doesn't really have to be 24-hours *phone* support. For example, if you provide a 24-hour "chat" (liveperson) option, or a night & weekend callback service (like a GP), then that'd be an improvement over current the support options as well. Plus this give you a little flexibility about training people to become "Jedi's".

oles@ovh.net
23-11-2009, 19:08
Hello,

Tomorrow it will grumble ...

We can not do otherwise...

Since December 2008 (soon to be 1 year !) we have been working on the establishment of 24 hour support at OVH by telephone, email and jabber. In fact, in 2008, we put in place 3 supports in OVH: commercial, technical and incident. So far, we have completed 24 hour incident support for the price of a local call. Then we hire new employees, each month that we are able to train and we train, we train and we train. Because, our business is very specific and only after long hours of work, reading and testing can we become a true Jedi who can determine the quality of an IP packet with nothing but a traceroute. From the training, this new team made commercial and technical email support from the start of the year and we think that it is time to embark on the ultimate road: commercial and technical support by telephone.

Tomorrow during the day, so we will double our capacity for telephone support. But we know that quality is not good now and it will take many a long day for a soldier to become a warrior worthy of the name. The running.

Therefore thank you for your patience and apologies in advance for the inevitable problems. In case we risk death, you know my email oles@ovh.net. I'm here to hear all the evil you think about OVH, of our support because it is only with your feedback that we can determine the way forward.

We think that the running will take approximately 3 weeks. In the meantime we will start the support incident in 12 languages. As a result we will further increase power 2x. Then only will we be able to start customising tracking of our large customers and resellers to help them in a face-to-face human relationship. We hope that it starts January/end of January, everything is in place and the only feedback that you can give on our support is "I adore OVH support !" or "but what assistance !" or more ... we put the resources, heavey resources that are a reality ... so OVH will be top technically and commercially, or in other words, functionally and emotionally.

All the best,
Octave